Introduce Yourselves:

Hi all,

My name is Kent, I'm 24 and from Joburg.

I bought a Twisp from a coworker about two months ago and overall I'm loving it.

I still smoke cigs, struggling to let go of the significant cigs like the ones first thing in the morning, last thing at night and after a meal. Hopefully I'll ditch them altogether soon.

I'm doing a bit of tasting, flavour-wise. So far I've tried Hangsen products:

Red energy
Watermelon
Peach

I definitely need some guidance on what's delicious.

So here was my little intro, I'm looking forward to chatting to a bunch of members and taking my vamping journey in the right direction :)

Hello and welcome

From my personal experience, so far I have been enjoying Vape King juices and have really taken a liking to Vanilla Cream and VK4
If you are battling to get off stinkies, my suggestion is to try a mild tobacco flavour, like a 12mg tobacco. I tried the 18mg and almost had a heart attack, its like smoking raw tobacco...lol VK4 is a nice sweet caramel tobacco flavour which helped me transition away from the normal tobacco flavour, since I'm not much of a fruity person, but am really waiting to try more of the dessert vapes :) I was lucky to stop smoking cigarettes from the moment I started vaping (30/day for the past 16 years)

Good luck to you and I hope you manage to kick the habit soon.

Hello and welcome

From my personal experience, so far I have been enjoying Vape King juices and have really taken a liking to Vanilla Cream and VK4
If you are battling to get off stinkies, my suggestion is to try a mild tobacco flavour, like a 12mg tobacco. I tried the 18mg and almost had a heart attack, its like smoking raw tobacco...lol VK4 is a nice sweet caramel tobacco flavour which helped me transition away from the normal tobacco flavour, since I'm not much of a fruity person, but am really waiting to try more of the dessert vapes :) I was lucky to stop smoking cigarettes from the moment I started vaping (30/day for the past 16 years)

Good luck to you and I hope you manage to kick the habit soon.

Thanks @Smoke187 I'll definitely try the vanilla cream, it sounds great!

Hi everyone,
I've been stalking you guys for a week now and thought I'd come out the shadows and say hi.

My smoking journey has been an emotional one. I realized this morning that I'd smoked for longer than I hadn't in my life, that's a pretty scary thought. I started with the cool kids when I was 14, and managed to eventually stop successfully when I found out I'd accidentally fallen pregnant at 18. For just over a year I thought I'd won the battle, until the day my daughter died at 8months old, from pneumonia. It's been 11 years since then and although I wasn't a heavy smoker, a pack would last me just under 3 days, I was convinced I would never be able to quit. Last week Friday I bought a Twisp on a whim when I was reminded I turn 30 next month. 30 seems like a good enough age to quit the cigarettes, I thought.

From what I gather on all of your posts, "Twisp" seems to be a swear word here, but I needed to tell you that I am unbelievably surprised at how my lifestyle has changed in just 7 days.

For starters, I haven't picked up another cigarette. I haven't even wanted to. I am LOVING that my hair doesn't stink and I love that I can exhale the vapor and immediately lean over to give my husband a kiss without fear of him pulling away like he so often did after a smoke break.

Not having to go out into the Joburg winter at night to have that last smoke before bed is MUCKING AFAZING! Instead I get to benefit from my human hot water bottle while vaping in the comfort of my own bed. I love that I don't have to find the infernal effing lighter every two hours from the abyss that is my handbag. I love that I don't need to freak out that I've run out of my addiction when I get down to my last 4 smokes in the box. I love that I can flop around with different flavours whenever the mood strikes. I love that my clothes still smell like stasoft at the end of the day and that my car actually smells like the expensive freaking air refreshers promise it should smell like. I love that when I hug people I don't need to immediately apologise for having had a smoke break. I love not being the pariah in our social circles in being the only smoker. I LOVE NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH DIRTY, SMELLY, ASHTRAYS! (Yes, indeed, caps were necessary there).

I am a converted vaper queen and I'm proud of it.

But first, I need some questions / statement answered if you don't mind:

1. In using a twisp, where are the best and most recommended suppliers to buy the vape liquids? I'm in Fourways and my Clicks is very limited in their selection. And also, R200 for a 20ml? GTFO & EADAD.

2. How long should my coil really last? For realsies and without the marketing BS I've seen everywhere online please.

3. What's the best solution to keeping the stupid twisp upright? Are there lanyards or something? I mean really, what an epic fail on the twisp manufacturers part in their design flaw. WHO IN THE WORLD MANAGES TO NOT KNOCK IT OVER?! Have you *seen* what chaos lies in a woman's handbag? How is it meant to stay upright, without falling over, anywhere?

4. Surely I am not the only a-hole* who has accidentally opened the coil thingie instead of the top doodah and had all the juice spill over my BRAND NEW WHITE BLOUSE (!!!)

*Can I say asshole here? We're all adults right? Or is that frowned upon? Should I be ashamed? *hangs head, just in case*

Ok, I think that's about enough from me. Happy Friday!
Welcome to the forum, always nice to see another bug around here :D

and a very warm tropical welcome to everyone that's just joined up, awesome to see so many new faces :)

@Smoke187 Welcome to the forum buddy :D I see you made the jump from SA Gamer!

Good to see you still going strong on the Titan Pro.

As @Silver would say, we have great place here :D

The only one who wont love this place is your wallet :p

Happy vaping bud :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I've been stalking you guys for a week now and thought I'd come out the shadows and say hi.

My smoking journey has been an emotional one. I realized this morning that I'd smoked for longer than I hadn't in my life, that's a pretty scary thought. I started with the cool kids when I was 14, and managed to eventually stop successfully when I found out I'd accidentally fallen pregnant at 18. For just over a year I thought I'd won the battle, until the day my daughter died at 8months old, from pneumonia. It's been 11 years since then and although I wasn't a heavy smoker, a pack would last me just under 3 days, I was convinced I would never be able to quit. Last week Friday I bought a Twisp on a whim when I was reminded I turn 30 next month. 30 seems like a good enough age to quit the cigarettes, I thought.

From what I gather on all of your posts, "Twisp" seems to be a swear word here, but I needed to tell you that I am unbelievably surprised at how my lifestyle has changed in just 7 days.

For starters, I haven't picked up another cigarette. I haven't even wanted to. I am LOVING that my hair doesn't stink and I love that I can exhale the vapor and immediately lean over to give my husband a kiss without fear of him pulling away like he so often did after a smoke break.

Not having to go out into the Joburg winter at night to have that last smoke before bed is MUCKING AFAZING! Instead I get to benefit from my human hot water bottle while vaping in the comfort of my own bed. I love that I don't have to find the infernal effing lighter every two hours from the abyss that is my handbag. I love that I don't need to freak out that I've run out of my addiction when I get down to my last 4 smokes in the box. I love that I can flop around with different flavours whenever the mood strikes. I love that my clothes still smell like stasoft at the end of the day and that my car actually smells like the expensive freaking air refreshers promise it should smell like. I love that when I hug people I don't need to immediately apologise for having had a smoke break. I love not being the pariah in our social circles in being the only smoker. I LOVE NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH DIRTY, SMELLY, ASHTRAYS! (Yes, indeed, caps were necessary there).

1. In using a twisp, where are the best and most recommended suppliers to buy the vape liquids? I'm in Fourways and my Clicks is very limited in their selection. And also, R200 for a 20ml? GTFO & EADAD.

2. How long should my coil really last? For realsies and without the marketing BS I've seen everywhere online please.

3. What's the best solution to keeping the stupid twisp upright? Are there lanyards or something? I mean really, what an epic fail on the twisp manufacturers part in their design flaw. WHO IN THE WORLD MANAGES TO NOT KNOCK IT OVER?! Have you *seen* what chaos lies in a woman's handbag? How is it meant to stay upright, without falling over, anywhere?

4. Surely I am not the only a-hole* who has accidentally opened the coil thingie instead of the top doodah and had all the juice spill over my BRAND NEW WHITE BLOUSE (!!!)

*Can I say asshole here? We're all adults right? Or is that frowned upon? Should I be ashamed? *hangs head, just in case*

Most welcome to the forum @shebee
Thanks for sharing your story in detail. Sorry for your loss - but am so glad for you that you found vaping.

First, let's get something clear. Twisp is not a swear word at all. Many of us started on it, including myself. Twisp got me off stinkies and for that I will always be grateful. It is a good starting device and gives a decent vape but I agree with you, their liquids are very expensive. You can check out my review on Twisp I did a while back...
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/twisp-review-clearo-and-liquid.1584/

Hope you enjoy the forum and your stay. We have a truly remarkable place here with an unbelievable group of super people.
As far as swearing goes, yes, I know we are all adults, but I'd suggest you rather keep it clean. Just looks better.

Onto your questions as you numbered them

1. Twisp liquids cost the same at all Twisp kiosks to my knowledge. (At least when I was buying them about 8 months ago). I think the Twisp kiosks are better stocked than the Clicks. Check their website for the malls they have kiosks in. I think they still run the special of 2 bottles for R320, so the price then reduces to R160 for 20ml, still pricey but not as bad.

2. As far as I recall, the coils would last me about 2 weeks or maybe 3 weeks. Of course, it depends how much you vape. I was vaping about a tankful per day per device. You can extend their life a bit if you clean them in running water and let them dry. Some people put them in a closed vodka jar for a few days, then rinse them after. That also helps to extend the life.

3. At home I would rest them on something so its tilted upright. In my man bag I would put something below it to keep it upright, but would have to put some roller towel around it in case it leaked a bit, which it often did. There are many other devices which don't need to be kept upright, you could invest in one of those, but for now you will have to be careful with the Twisp.

4. You are not the only one. I did that a few times, especially when I was in a hurry. Juice all over the place. Ha ha.

All the best with your vaping. Enjoy !!

Wassup all

I'm new here and a noob at vaping. I was introduced to it 2 weeks ago on another forum and I must say "Hi, My name is Smoke187 and I am addicted to vaping" lol. On a serious note I started vaping to try and quite smoking cigarettes and so far it has been working quite well for me,its been 2 weeks today that I havent lit up a normal cigarette.
Any how, I will be reading and following as much as I can here :)

Cheers

Congrats @Smoke187 on moving to vaping - you are doing such a great thing!!
All the best and enjoy the forum - we have a great place here.

Hi all,

My name is Kent, I'm 24 and from Joburg.

I bought a Twisp from a coworker about two months ago and overall I'm loving it.

I still smoke cigs, struggling to let go of the significant cigs like the ones first thing in the morning, last thing at night and after a meal. Hopefully I'll ditch them altogether soon.

I'm doing a bit of tasting, flavour-wise. So far I've tried Hangsen products:

Red energy
Watermelon
Peach

I definitely need some guidance on what's delicious.

So here was my little intro, I'm looking forward to chatting to a bunch of members and taking my vamping journey in the right direction :)

Welcome @Kent90 -
Congrats on getting into vaping - you are onto something really good!

Hope you enjoy the forum - we have a great place here indeed!

As for your transition off cigarettes, everyone has a different journey. Some people switch immediately, others take a few weeks. Some take months. Do it at your pace.

What I will say is that it is easier if you have the right equipment and the right strength juice.

All the best

Congrats @Smoke187 on moving to vaping - you are doing such a great thing!!
All the best and enjoy the forum - we have a great place here.

Awesome stuff, thanks for the welcome to an awesome forum. Now where do I leave my wallet :)
I am seriously enjoying the vapes, but I think its time for me to upgrade my kit, currently have the Titan pro, with an ego-twist VV but I am looking into a new kit.
Currently looking at the evic, but from afew reviews, it aint looking too good...lol
I think its best if I start a new thread to get the kit hunting a good start ;)

Hey hey all.
Just saying hello and joining so I can leech info and tips :)

Been vaping for 5 weeks. Love it and converted all the smokers in my office already. I suppose they probably thought if it could work for me, a heavy smoker, then it can work.

Hey hey all.

Been vaping for 5 weeks. Love it and converted all the smokers in my office already. I suppose they probably thought if it could work for me, a heavy smoker, then it can work.
Most welcome. Leech all you like and shout if you have questions. Way to go with the converting. Happy vaping.

A warm welcome to all the new members, enjoy all the interesting reading :) congrats to everyone kicking the stinkies :rock:
Vape strong and rock hard! :rock:

Awesome stuff, thanks for the welcome to an awesome forum. Now where do I leave my wallet :)
I am seriously enjoying the vapes, but I think its time for me to upgrade my kit, currently have the Titan pro, with an ego-twist VV but I am looking into a new kit.
Currently looking at the evic, but from afew reviews, it aint looking too good...lol
I think its best if I start a new thread to get the kit hunting a good start ;)

Hi @Smoke187
Way to go, yes the wallet will take a hit when the upgrade bug bites ;-)
Lots of choices and routes to go. Rebuildables, commercial tanks, mech mods, regulated mods. All depends on your style of vaping and what type of vape you like. Or if you into cloud blowing.
Once youve decided on some options for gear, feel free to post a new thread in the Newbies section and others can comment. The more specific you are, generally the more useful the feedback.

All the best

Ps - what may help you is to go to a retailer that has some different setups for you to try.
Also to come to the next vape meet, which helps to get an idea of different equipment in action

Hey hey all.

Welcome @r0gue z0mbie
Congrats on the 5 weeks. Great achievement.
Enjoy the forum. We have a great place here !

Hi everyone,

I haven't got any pro Twisp answers. Never used one.

However, I do think their liquids are way too expensive. And I don't know how customizable the Twisps are. With other solutions you can use a bigger atomizer, longer-lasting batteries etc. I could be wrong, but I don't think Twisp is customizable.

But I think, like others say, Twisp is a marketed brand, and that's really good for vaping as a whole.

But really, look at the cheaper brands with juice. There's no need to keep paying R200. Clicks and Twisp need to work out how to get the pricing right.

P.s Keep vaping, it's what the cool (clever) kids are doing now. :)

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Hi all

I am trying to kick the stinkies, but did not have a great vaping experience thus far - ELeaf iKit with Liqua juices. Firstly the taste doesn't seem as good as the twisp's and secondly still have a craving even with 18mg liquid. In the current setup, I cough more from vaping than plain old smoking, which seems wrong.

Any advice on a good starter kit and also a supplier in the Fourways / Magaliessig / Lonehill Area that I can contact?

Thanks
:)

Hi all

I am trying to kick the stinkies, but did not have a great vaping experience thus far - ELeaf iKit with Liqua juices. Firstly the taste doesn't seem as good as the twisp's and secondly still have a craving even with 18mg liquid. In the current setup, I cough more from vaping than plain old smoking, which seems wrong.

Any advice on a good starter kit and also a supplier in the Fourways / Magaliessig / Lonehill Area that I can contact?

Thanks
Most welcome to the forum. Best for you would be to go and visit Vapeking to test some gear and juices and get good and sound advice. They are in Fourways (www.vapeking.co.za). Please keep us up do date and all the best with your journey.

Hi all

Thanks

Welcome @BlakMAgICIAN
Congrats on your efforts. It can be quite challenging for some people to find the right device and liquids. Just keep on trying. Twisp juices on Twisp devices do taste good - quite smooth I found. Just not enough throat hit for me.

As for the coughing, could be many things. Probably the juice that is irritating you a bit. Sometimes it goes away after a few days otherwise you need to try other juices.

I agree with @Andre, VapeKing is in Fourways and you can try different setups and different juice flavours to see if you like them before you buy.

All the best and enjoy the forum.

Welcome @BlakMAgICIAN
Congrats on your efforts. It can be quite challenging for some people to find the right device and liquids. Just keep on trying. Twisp juices on Twisp devices do taste good - quite smooth I found. Just not enough throat hit for me.

As for the coughing, could be many things. Probably the juice that is irritating you a bit. Sometimes it goes away after a few days otherwise you need to try other juices.

I agree with @Andre, VapeKing is in Fourways and you can try different setups and different juice flavours to see if you like them before you buy.

All the best and enjoy the forum.

We're actually in all those areas mentioned :p Lol We're in Magaliessig @BlakMAgICIAN

Hey everybody. Just wanted to use my 100th post to introduce you to the new VapeTownZA site...

www.vapetownza.com

Will only be growing and improving from here and have a few reviews on the way!

Back