Introduce Yourselves:

Hey guys, Rudy here. Pleased to vape with you all... I started vaping cz I was on the stinks and then contracted TB and was sent to hospital for a fluid drain from my lungs and well, was told by everyone to stop smoking. Stopped smoking with much success but I could not let myself go crazy any longer. So I consulted my doctor and she said she wont advice me to do vape but she cant say that it is bad for me. So now I vape, got myself a Twisp Edge. So now I wana get the most out of this, it seems fun and exciting with all the flavours and designs and mods... So look out for me, I will be asking a lot of questions

Hey guys, Rudy here. Pleased to vape with you all... I started vaping cz I was on the stinks and then contracted TB and was sent to hospital for a fluid drain from my lungs and well, was told by everyone to stop smoking. Stopped smoking with much success but I could not let myself go crazy any longer. So I consulted my doctor and she said she wont advice me to do vape but she cant say that it is bad for me. So now I vape, got myself a Twisp Edge. So now I wana get the most out of this, it seems fun and exciting with all the flavours and designs and mods... So look out for me, I will be asking a lot of questions
Hi Rudy. Welcome to the wonderful and flavourful world of vaping. We love questions. Happy vaping.

Welcome @RudyMaart ... fire away with questions the guys on here are like the oracles of vaping...

Hello all, new member on the forum after lurking for a few weeks.

My vaping experience started way back when it was not very well known to the masses in South Africa. I imported most my hardware as none (what I wanted) was available locally at that time. After a while it got very expensive and unsatisfying and thus I gave up and started smoking again. My last mod was a Vamo 2 running a Kanger Protank 1, I still have this setup and vaping like I remember it.

My cousin got me into vaping again after I tried his Eleaf 50w and Kanger Subtank Mini. This is what vaping had to be and now I have ordered my first hardware locally from SAVapeGear and looking forward to getting off the smokes (again).

The wealth of knowledge from this forum and local retailers has made it very easy to find exactly what I wanted.

Keep it up guys/girls!

My vaping experience started way back when it was not very well known to the masses in South Africa. I imported most my hardware as none (what I wanted) was available locally at that time. After a while it got very expensive and unsatisfying and thus I gave up and started smoking again. My last mod was a Vamo 2 running a Kanger Protank 1, I still have this setup and vaping like I remember it.

My cousin got me into vaping again after I tried his Eleaf 50w and Kanger Subtank Mini. This is what vaping had to be and now I have ordered my first hardware locally from SAVapeGear and looking forward to getting off the smokes (again).

The wealth of knowledge from this forum and local retailers has made it very easy to find exactly what I wanted.

Keep it up guys/girls!
Most welcome to the forum. Saw the awesome gear you got in another thread. Enjoy and happy vaping.

Hi fellow vapers

Just joined the forum and i am amazed at the popularity of vaping although i must say about time! I have been reading over a few discussions and introductions and i am very interested to now what is dropping? I use an evolution vape Spitfire, 1,8 ohm coil and a 1600mah battery with variable voltage from 3,2 to 4,8. Produces a great cloud with there evolution juices. Oh and i have never been a smoker but love the vaping.

All newbies:

Firstly welcome :). Please introduce yourselves and tell us a little about where you come from here. To do that just click on the last page number above and start typing in the "Write your reply" box at the bottom of that page.
This thread is compulsory reading:
What to expect on your vaping journey
The following threads will help you a lot in understanding when browsing the forum:
E-cig quick start guide
What are electronic cigarettes
For all those questions about the health aspects of electronic cigarettes:
Health related facts about electronic cigarettes

[rsvp=24]Click here to RSVP[/rsvp]
Heylo!! So my name is Amber but my friends call me Hobz or Midge. I come from Highlands North in Johannesburg but spend most of my time in Northriding with my other vaping peeps Jess, Liz and Ollie. I am a photographer and a nursery school teacher. I just started vaping with the odd cigarette here an there but trying to stop completely....Aaaaand yeah that's me :)

Hello all

Nice to meet u, Hope to have fun with the vaping experiance.

RudyMaart It was a heart attack that got me into the vape so I relate to you.I enjoy vapeing so much that I'd never go back to smokes.Enjoy the forum.

Keep it up guys/girls!
@MilkDromeda welcome,vapeing has made so many strides in just the last yr. it's mind boggling.

Heylo!! So my name is Amber but my friends call me Hobz or Midge. I come from Highlands North in Johannesburg but spend most of my time in Northriding with my other vaping peeps Jess, Liz and Ollie. I am a photographer and a nursery school teacher. I just started vaping with the odd cigarette here an there but trying to stop completely....Aaaaand yeah that's me :)
Most welcome to the forum, Midge. Great to hear you have started on the flavour journey. Take your own time, no rush. Do shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.
Hello all

Great to welcome you to the forum @Naas. For sure you are going to have fun. Do not hesitate to shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

@AmbzTheMidge with the help of your fellow forum members and a good vape you'll be down to 0 cigs in no time.

Hi fellow vapers

Just joined the forum and i am amazed at the popularity of vaping although i must say about time! I have been reading over a few discussions and introductions and i am very interested to now what is dropping? I use an evolution vape Spitfire, 1,8 ohm coil and a 1600mah battery with variable voltage from 3,2 to 4,8. Produces a great cloud with there evolution juices. Oh and i have never been a smoker but love the vaping.
Welcome to the forum @Machx

Welcome to the forum @RudyMaart
I like your doctor! She sounds very reasonable
Vaping can be an exciting journey and it is filled with lots of great surprises
Enjoy your stay.

Keep it up guys/girls!

Welcome to the forum @MilkDromeda
Congrats on your renewed vaping journey
And thank you for the compliment. We have a great place here indeed
Wishing you all the best and let us know how its going

Hi fellow vapers

Welcome to the forum @Machx
Yip, vaping is growing and becoming more popular by the week
I assume your question is "what is dripping", and not "dropping".
Dripping is when you have an atomiser that does not have a tank of juice onboard and you drip drops of juice directly on the wick or in the atomiser then puff a few puffs till its dry, then drip again.

Dripping generally produces better flavour than basic tanks but it is less convenient for travelling around with your vape.

Nowadays though, tanks are coming out with flavour nearly as good as drippers.

Enjoy your stay

Last edited:

Welcome @AmbzTheMidge
Congrats on the vaping. With the right gear and juice you will be kicking the stinkies (cigs) in no time
Enjoy your stay here. We have a great place.

By the way, we have a vape meet in Sandton this Saturday, 5th September.
Its free to attend and will be great fun. Loads of vapers, gear and juices
I suggest if you have a chance, come to the meet and i am sure you will find it very useful and a lot of fun.
Check out this thread and if you would like to attend, just RSVP on the first post
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-5-september.t14168/

Hello all

Welcome @Naas
Hope you will have lots of fun
All the best and enjoy your stay

Welcome @AmbzTheMidge
Congrats on the vaping. With the right gear and juice you will be kicking the stinkies (cigs) in no time
Enjoy your stay here. We have a great place.

By the way, we have a vape meet in Sandton this Saturday, 5th September.
Its free to attend and will be great fun. Loads of vapers, gear and juices
I suggest if you have a chance, come to the meet and i am sure you will find it very useful and a lot of fun.
Check out this thread and if you would like to attend, just RSVP on the first post
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-5-september.t14168/
I shall be there! :)

Hi guys
Have been lurking around for a week or two and already got a lot info. Never been on the stinkies but was a avid hookah smoker.
Was always trying new methods, coals, bowls etc. to get better flavor and clouds. But with vaping you get more reward for the effort you put in so I am sold..haha

My girlfriend got me a Evic VT with the Ego mega tank for my birthday so that's basically how I officially started vaping. Been vaping on her Istick 30w/Nautilus mini before that so maybe she was tired of me hogging her vape...haha

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you guys and learning more about all things Vape.

Back