Introduce Yourselves:

Hi Grant.

Well I'm new here.

I generally don't do Forums these days but I got suggested to join the forum by Doug and Paulie.

I have been vaping for well over two years but only recently started getting into the community of vaping.
Started out back in the day on an Ego and went to a Kanger Sub tank then to a Kbox and so forth.
My current mods are a DripBox and an RX200.
I am mostly a dripper person as I prefer the building process.

I have been mixing for quite a while and have been honing the craft. Been working for a few months on some flavours that I use as my ADV's.
Maybe in the future I might do a line or something but for now it's all about the art of mixing and teaching myself the art.
Most welcome to the forum, @Zacdaniel. Glad you joined so we can gain from your expertise. And force you to share some of your DIY recipe gems;). Happy vaping.

Hi All, Warren here. Long time smoker 40 years at pack day....eish.. Tried many times to use patches , will power , etc to kick the stinkies. 2 weeks ago I walked past the twisp kiosk in Bayside Cape Town and decided hell give it a try. I bought a Twisp Areo with some Tabacco flavoured juice 18mg Nicotine ( idea been to bulsh*t the mind into thinking its like a normal smoke !). Must say that i've not craved for cig at all :happy: ( all the other times i tried after the 3rd day i was running around looking for a spare pack / loose one ). Should have gone this route a long time ago....

The Twisp Areo is a little "problematic / inconsistent " but hell , its so far done what i wanted it to. I'll be looking to start re-coiling the atomisers ( found this to be the unreliable part, have had about 5 commercial coils that lasted like 2 hours.. )

Welcome to the forum @Zacdaniel & @Blacklung, please feel free to ask questions and browse the forum, there is a lot of Vaping knowledge here, and cogratz on kicking the stinkie habbit!

Hi All, Warren here. Long time smoker 40 years at pack day....eish.. Tried many times to use patches , will power , etc to kick the stinkies. 2 weeks ago I walked past the twisp kiosk in Bayside Cape Town and decided hell give it a try. I bought a Twisp Areo with some Tabacco flavoured juice 18mg Nicotine ( idea been to bulsh*t the mind into thinking its like a normal smoke !). Must say that i've not craved for cig at all :happy: ( all the other times i tried after the 3rd day i was running around looking for a spare pack / loose one ). Should have gone this route a long time ago....

The Twisp Areo is a little "problematic / inconsistent " but hell , its so far done what i wanted it to. I'll be looking to start re-coiling the atomisers ( found this to be the unreliable part, have had about 5 commercial coils that lasted like 2 hours.. )
Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. You have done the hard yards. Your sense of taste should be starting to recover right about now. Do shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Welcome @Blacklung ! You'll find plenty of ex-Twispers on here, with the most common problems being leaking, the cost of coils and that sort of thing. Despite that, Twisp still have a great reputation for simply getting people away from smoking and into vaping! You should definitely consider paying a visit to one of the Cape Town vendors represented here, and have a look at other (cheaper and more effective) vaping options! But should you have any questions, we will all do our best to assist!

Hi all,
Im from the Wes rand of JHB and started vaping about a year and a half ago. Im still smoking cigs inbetween but looking at going towards vaping only when the time is right.
When I started out I used a twisp then went over to a iStick mini a few months down the line, currently im using an Evic VTC mini with tron, I prefer the nickel coils in it as they seem more consistent with the 30pg/70vg blends. Ive also quite recently started making my own juice, been interesting getting the flavour right....

Hi guys I've been watching this group for a week and decided to join. I have to say that I think you guys are an awesome community. I am from Cape Town and started vaping about two months ago, starting off with a cuboid topped by a bellus. The vaping bug then bit me hard and I upgraded after a few weeks to a RX200 and griffin and recently aquired a moonshot. My boss introduced me to vaping. I started vaping to get off the stinkies, which is working extremely well. I have been smoking about 5 stinkies a day for 9 years and I'm currently down to one stinky day. Almost off them stinkies lol. I hope to learn alot from everyone and I'm sure that I will enjoy myself on this forum. :)

Hey all,

From JHB, Roodepoort area. Bought a twisp to start replacing hubbly (got too much of an effort). I now am the proud owner of the new Smok Nano kits. I absolutely love it and it is miles above the Twisp. Hopefully it will last long enough, as I am already looking at upgrading:copas:. Just want mooooore. Hope to learn some cool stuff, want to start making my own coils and looking for the perfect flavors.

Hi guys I've been watching this group for a week and decided to join. I have to say that I think you guys are an awesome community. I am from Cape Town and started vaping about two months ago, starting off with a cuboid topped by a bellus. The vaping bug then bit me hard and I upgraded after a few weeks to a RX200 and griffin and recently aquired a moonshot. My boss introduced me to vaping. I started vaping to get off the stinkies, which is working extremely well. I have been smoking about 5 stinkies a day for 9 years and I'm currently down to one stinky day. Almost off them stinkies lol. I hope to learn alot from everyone and I'm sure that I will enjoy myself on this forum. :)
Most welcome to the forum. Yip, you have the bug no doubt. All the best with your vaping journey, wishing you riddance of that final stinky.

Hey all,

From JHB, Roodepoort area. Bought a twisp to start replacing hubbly (got too much of an effort). I now am the proud owner of the new Smok Nano kits. I absolutely love it and it is miles above the Twisp. Hopefully it will last long enough, as I am already looking at upgrading:copas:. Just want mooooore. Hope to learn some cool stuff, want to start making my own coils and looking for the perfect flavors.
Most welcome to the forum. Yip, one needs moooore - for backup you know!. Happy vaping.

Hi Grant.

Well I'm new here.

I generally don't do Forums these days but I got suggested to join the forum by Doug and Paulie.

I have been vaping for well over two years but only recently started getting into the community of vaping.
Started out back in the day on an Ego and went to a Kanger Sub tank then to a Kbox and so forth.

I have been mixing for quite a while and have been honing the craft. Been working for a few months on some flavours that I use as my ADV's.
Maybe in the future I might do a line or something but for now it's all about the art of mixing and teaching myself the art.
Hows the dripbox? Im gonna get one soon, just wanted to know if you have some tips or tricks to get the best out of it

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

Hey @Twincam 16 and @SmokGuy !

Welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to step into the fray and join us! Always nice to have other voices to add to our commmunity, looking forward to having both of your voices on here too. You guys got favourite juices at the moment?

Hi Grant.

Well I'm new here.

Small world.

Welcome Zac.

You been well?

Hey @Twincam 16 and @SmokGuy !

Welcome to the forums! Glad you decided to step into the fray and join us! Always nice to have other voices to add to our commmunity, looking forward to having both of your voices on here too. You guys got favourite juices at the moment?

I only have 3 at this point. Getting some more this afternoon with a new tank. My Smok Nano is not even a week old and already getting a bigger tank. I can see how this new hobby is going to eat into my budget, at this point I don't even care.

Flavours are:

Creamy Clouds - Fizzy Passion Fruit and Lemonade
Hazeworks - Cumulus
Twisp Zero - Rebel (some leftovers from when I joined the dark side)

I only have 3 at this point. Getting some more this afternoon with a new tank. My Smok Nano is not even a week old and already getting a bigger tank. I can see how this new hobby is going to eat into my budget, at this point I don't even care.

Flavours are:

Creamy Clouds - Fizzy Passion Fruit and Lemonade
Hazeworks - Cumulus
Twisp Zero - Rebel (some leftovers from when I joined the dark side)
Couple of people recommending the Creamy Clouds lately, going to have to try it out! Do yourself a flavour (see what I did there?), I strongly recommend some XXX from Vapour Mountain, and some Debbie Does Donuts! ;)

I read about that DDD flavour. Think I will get some of that to try as well. So many choices. Looking forward to finding "the One."

I read about that DDD flavour. Think I will get some of that to try as well. So many choices. Looking forward to finding "the One."

You honestly can't go wrong on Hardwicks' Smackaroon or Debbie Does Donuts

Creamy Clouds Juicy Peary realy is a nice juice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and that's a nice setup you have I also have the ijust2 the best thing I did was get my ijust2 a cleito tank best flavor for me and tons of clouds

Hey all,

Im Nash from jhb Ive been vaping for about a year and a half now and for some foolish reason I have only found this forum now.
I started with a twisp and quickly went through a whole bunch of different mods and RTA's at the moment I am using a noisy cricket with a Goblin mini and really loving it looking forward to learning as much as possible.

Hey all,

Im Nash from jhb Ive been vaping for about a year and a half now and for some foolish reason I have only found this forum now.
I started with a twisp and quickly went through a whole bunch of different mods and RTA's at the moment I am using a noisy cricket with a Goblin mini and really loving it looking forward to learning as much as possible.

Welcome to the forum @Maknash - glad you found it
Congrats on the year and a half of vaping -
Wicked gear you have - cricket and all ;-)
Enjoy your stay

Hey all,

Hey Nash Welcome.

Have a great day
Vape on

Back