Kayfun Lite Plus

My Kayfun 3.1 Clone has been behaving quite well
It has a "normal" microcoil with a bit of cotton - not too much.
I have tightened the draw slightly, but not for leaking/gurgling issues - just for my preference.

Occasionally there are a few tiny droplets of juice at the airhole and the fillport but no problem at all.
I do the top fill procedure and it works most of the time without any leakage...

That being said, my Kayfun is a home device and stands upright in my vape station - ready for the occasional treat. It's not an all day device and hasnt travelled around with me.

The KF Lite clone I've been using since beginning Feb as an all day vape doesn't gurgle or leak at all. I travel with it as well and no problems or leaks even during and after travelling (upside down in my pocket to prevent accidental firing). What I've noticed in the beginning however was, the tighter the air hole is closed, the more juice is sucked into the chamber and the more the chance of gurgling. If I'm not in a hurry I fill at the bottom screw hole, otherwise just from the top keeping my finger on the air hole. When I chill I use the Ithaka.

after i rewicked my russian, i dont have any gurgling or leaking.

i made mine the same as the pic posted by @Cape vaping supplies

I dont have issues with mine either, use it as an all day vape.
It's the 4-wick channel clones that i'm having issues with.

I'm struggling with getting good flavour out of my kayfun. On the SVD with triple twisted 32 gauge was the best so far. I am now running it on the nemisis with 28 gauge and not getting a good flavour vape. The double barrel is the best so far. What have you guys tried?

I dont have issues with mine either, use it as an all day vape.
It's the 4-wick channel clones that i'm having issues with.

I got the KFLP yesterday with the four channels, and after re-wicking it I'm not seeing any leaks, it's giving great flavour and TH on my Nemi with a twisted 7 coil, 1.5id. Soon I'm going to try a double coil, that should be interesting.

So earlier on I was feeling a little bored and decided to mod the KFLplus.

Last time I tried to remove the plastic insulator in order to sand it down, things did not go as planned. This time I was more determined.

The bottom insulator on my device felt like it had been superglued in place. And it took me at least an hour or so to remove it without doing any damage. But at least I got that sucker sorted.

Next on the agenda was to in increase the airflow hole. Using my hand drill was not a good option initially, as I ended up breaking off the 1.5mm drill bit in the hole.

I resorted to using my drill press with a 2mm drill, and things went much better. For me it is much like my other 3.1 Kayfun now, in terms of the airdraw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nicely done @Alex

Can you post pics by any chance?

Just an update on the Kayfun Lite Plus clone, I have been trying everything I can to improve the airflow. The unit has a very tight draw in comparison to my other Kayfun 3.1.

Things I have tried are drilling out the airhole to 2mm, made a difference. But not by much. So then I decided run a 1.5 mm drill in my fingers down the center pin. The part that threads into the terminal block. And I discovered that just above the where the airholes are drilled though there was a partial blockage. Once the drill bit cleared that obstacle out the way it's like a new machine.

I have found this blockage on 2 KFL's today, and both were partially blocked in the same place. So I'm sharing this info for anyone else who may have a similar issue and an easy solution.

kl_ipt_b3_0010.jpg

Awesome post @Alex next rebuild I am going to sort out this issue on my one as well.

This blockage, is it gunk or metal?

Also, any chance of a pic showing how you separated the bottom from the KFL+?

great advice @Alex

ill check my russian for the same as well

Awesome post @Alex next rebuild I am going to sort out this issue on my one as well.

This blockage, is it gunk or metal?

Also, any chance of a pic showing how you separated the bottom from the KFL+?

I'm not sure what causes the partial blockage, I have a theory that it's the left over material from when they drill the hole through that center pin. I tried to identify it when I did the second Kayfun, but I couldn't get enough light to penetrate inside the small tube.

As for the bottom plastic insulator, that's a real ***** to remove. Even the center pin is in there very tight. The first time doing this is always the longest because you don't want to break anything :p I had a small dowel lying around that filled through from the top, then bang that sucker with a hammer. It'll come out without damaging the plastic insulator.

While you have it out, may as well sand the end down a little. If you want the center pin to sit flush
IMG_1538_zps68611467.jpg

Until it looks like this
IMG_1540_zpsfbb3ab38.jpg

pics courtesy of http://ukvapers.org/Thread-How-to-shorten-the-Kayfun-Lite-centre-pin.??

My KFL+ clone almost gave me a heart attack today. Due to the overly long centre pin, it never really sat well on the MVP2. As I was leaving work today, the atty came off in my hand and the threads simply would not take again. Luckily I had my ERA rda on hand. I have sanded down the bottom insulator and it is sitting beautifully now. I found that a wooden chopstick is perfect for popping that bottom insulator out from the top.

Just wanted to say thank you to @Alex for this quick guide and @Reinvanhardt who, if I remember correctly, initially suggested this fix to me.

Back