Leaking Subtank

John

Blerrie Mech Addict
LV

Awards
Hey folks.

My Subtank leaks when it starts getting toward the lower 1/3 of a tank - which means I lose 1/3 of every tank I fill and get wetspots in my jeans. This is with the OCC Coils.

On the plus side, my (now somewhat soggy) bag smells amazing!

Is this normal?

Never happened to me after 30 - 40 full tanks I been through. Also have no idea why this is happening. Are you sure its all connected correctly?

Coil not screwed in tight Most Probably.

Also rinse out ur tank and let it dry before filling it up. Juice may be blocking the thread from closing properly

Never happened to me after 30 - 40 full tanks I been through. Also have no idea why this is happening. Are you sure its all connected correctly?

Yeah man, Its been pretty consistent from since I got it - maybe its a bummed coil? It never leaked with the RBA setup on. It leaks through the coil, into the base and out through the AFC

Coil not screwed in tight Most Probably.

Also rinse out ur tank and let it dry before filling it up. Juice may be blocking the thread from closing properly

I though that could be it too - but I wash it out after 2 fills and it usually stands for a day or two because I rotate tanks that often. I'm at a loss here.

Have u tried rebuilding that occ coil ?

Thats what I'm gonna try next, the coil still has some life on it, I've only filled it about 9/10 times already. Have you rebuilt it yet? any tips?

Use less cotton than you think you need , make sure that you can see thru the coil for airflow. Pick at it with a toothpick of you need.

Take out some more cotton ...

That's the basis of these.

Pref thin out some organic cotton or rayon, jap cotton tends to prevent juice from flowing properly

Use less cotton than you think you need , make sure that you can see thru the coil for airflow. Pick at it with a toothpick of you need.

Take out some more cotton ...

That's the basis of these.

Pref thin out some organic cotton or rayon, jap cotton tends to prevent juice from flowing properly

Sweet, Thanks. I'm out of the organic stuff, Native Wicks should be ok right? that stuff is THIRSTY!

@John , please inspect all the O rings , leaks come from a split or cracked o ring when the level drops low , or a reversed o ring .

Also place a towel down and work there. When u strip the occ coil u don't want small parts flying around the room and rolling off the desk

Also place a towel down and work there. When u strip the occ coil u don't want small parts flying around the room and rolling off the desk

Haha, thanks. I Learnt that lesson the hard way, and with a 9-month-old crawling around I have to be extra cautious.

I was rebuilding the delta 2 coils today, had the top cap fly behind the couch. Spent forever looking for that bugger

I had the same problem a while ago. It's because of the glass as I regularly take it out my pocket by holding the Subtank and tend to turn the glass as I do it. I think it starts to get a little loose and breaks the vacuum seal. I started being more conscious about it and started holding the top metal part as recommended in the manual and also hand tightening again when it's about half and haven't had a leak since.

I though that could be it too - but I wash it out after 2 fills and it usually stands for a day or two because I rotate tanks that often. I'm at a loss here.

I've not had a good first impression of the 25mm tank. When I let the tank stand with juice in leaking does occur, even more so when it's lying on the side. I'm righting it off to an extremely large tank, pressure and flooding of the coil. Someone did suggest I close the air control before I set it aside but by that point I was already done with it.

I gave up on my 25mm, drove me mad, actually made me angry...I found that as soon as I started building my own coils, the problem went away.

After much research I really am sure that there is actually not enough cotton, and when rebuilding I stuff the extra side to side in the small side holds. I'm pretty sure liquid seeps into the OCC chamber, down into the AFC chamber and slowly but surely through the top of the AFC ring. Sound familiar?

Since doing this, not a spot. Seriously.

Give it a try maybe?

Edit, popped in a stock 1.2ohm replacement OCC, hello leaking. Small amounts, but leaking.

I had the same problem a while ago. It's because of the glass as I regularly take it out my pocket by holding the Subtank and tend to turn the glass as I do it. I think it starts to get a little loose and breaks the vacuum seal. I started being more conscious about it and started holding the top metal part as recommended in the manual and also hand tightening again when it's about half and haven't had a leak since.
Its silly that one has to handle the thing like a bloody egg

But mine definately leaks through the AFC and not from where the glass meets the body

So I rebuilt the coil, left some cotton sticking out the side and it seems better but i'll give it a day or two just to be sure

435fb8d36ce3c5dde139c54c59d47b05.jpg

2a90c15da1db90a8fe7eb2d69093667f.jpg
564854f34cf078a889d5cd1b9f5e933f.jpg

5f64d54f33f228e59a5f2b24173c2d70.jpg

Mine
Its silly that one has to handle the thing like a bloody egg

But mine definately leaks through the AFC and not from where the glass meets the body
Mine did too. I used to have to push tissue into the air holes to soak up the liquid since it used to get into the ring and leak from all parts of the ring. It was because air was getting in at the glass seal so liquid was coming out through the AFC. It didn't leak from the glass connection itself.

I've not had a good first impression of the 25mm tank. When I let the tank stand with juice in leaking does occur, even more so when it's lying on the side. I'm righting it off to an extremely large tank, pressure and flooding of the coil. Someone did suggest I close the air control before I set it aside but by that point I was already done with it.
I had that problem too on all tanks as I used to rotate 4 and sometimes I freshly filled tank would be completely empty the next morning. I used to think my mAN wasn't tightened enough or a faulty coil. The thing I found strange was that it didn't drain out if I used it soon after a refill.

Eventually I tried something else. I took a few toots, enough to get the atty feeling hot outside. Then left it in sit and it stopped leaking by doing that after each refill. Don't know why but it worked.

The reason that works is all these atties work on air pressure . Having a few toots sorts the air pressure out low inside high outside . If you have an air leak anywhere it will equalise the air pressure and it will leak .

Back