Leaking Subtank

I actually forgot to update this thread, been using the rebuilt coil for a few days now and not a single drop wasted! Even when I ran it all the way below the intakes. Seems the original coil was flawed, possible too little cotton, causing air to get in and liquid to get out. On a seperate note, the rebuilt coil seems to be outperforming the stock coil. Better flavour and clouds, no popping and best of all - no leaks :)

I actually forgot to update this thread, been using the rebuilt coil for a few days now and not a single drop wasted! Even when I ran it all the way below the intakes.

Was it difficult to rebuild the stock ? Seems so tiny. I have a small leak sometimes on my 25mm Sub Tank, not crazy... but irritating, still on my first .5 coil. have not tried the RBA or 1.2 coil yet.

There is a coil in situ already on the base . Just needs a wick . Go for it .

They probably pack the cotton so lite so high vg mixes will wick better and not give dry hits. I have noticed that on cheap e-liquids the viscosity is very low, make sure you do not use crap. Just my 2cents

Was it difficult to rebuild the stock ? Seems so tiny. I have a small leak sometimes on my 25mm Sub Tank, not crazy... but irritating, still on my first .5 coil. have not tried the RBA or 1.2 coil yet.
Not hard at all, provided you've some experience building coils etc. I posted some pics above, incase you missed them. There are also a few videos online you can look at, I watched the Riptrippers video prior to starting.

They probably pack the cotton so lite so high vg mixes will wick better and not give dry hits. I have noticed that on cheap e-liquids the viscosity is very low, make sure you do not use crap. Just my 2cents
Agree 100%, however, I vape 70 or 80VG juices exclusively and it still leaked with the stock coil

I found this video when I was researching to buy my Subtank Mini and seem not to hard to rebuild the stock coils.

Not the issue at all, I been using Suicide Bunny and SMAX exclusively in this tank... I aggree with @John, could be crappy coil with not enough Cotton.

I've found, that there is some condensation that builds up in the base. if i don't clean it out once a day, it looks like the tank is leaking... when its actually just the condensation leaking out.

Definately not condensation in my case @n0ugh7_zw. I do occasionally blow through to purge the coils but not enough for that level of condensation. Also, symptoms stopped when I rebuilt the coil. They should have made that a two-piece base to make cleaning it a bot easier IMHO

I have been using the subtank mini for about a week now. Used the stock 1.2ohm coil and the RBA base with the perinatal led coil, and wicked with rayon. No leaking at all. The mini that I have is the latest generation with the brown insulators.

I actually forgot to update this thread, been using the rebuilt coil for a few days now and not a single drop wasted! Even when I ran it all the way below the intakes. Seems the original coil was flawed, possible too little cotton, causing air to get in and liquid to get out. On a seperate note, the rebuilt coil seems to be outperforming the stock coil. Better flavour and clouds, no popping and best of all - no leaks :)

I have thrown out the Stock .5 a few days ago and using the RBA portion now... No Leaks, Not a drop since and cloudy and tasty as ever.

Thanks @John.

I have thrown out the Stock .5 a few days ago and using the RBA portion now... No Leaks, Not a drop since and cloudy and tasty as ever.

Thanks @John.

Pleasure @FireFly, glad you're enjoying yours :)

Just a point to note though, I rebuilt the stock occ coil, I felt the RBA base's draw was a bit too tight for me.

Hi guys

Am going to use this very old thread instead of creating a new one. I did a search for subtank in the title in the RTA subforum and found this.

My problem is that my mighty Subtank Mini is leaking

• First time it happened was a few days ago when i had it in my moms car in the cup holder. It was tilted to the side. When i took it out after a bit of driving around, there was quite a pool of juice in the cupholder.

• I am using the Subtank Mini V2 (the one with the two air slots) and not the topfill one.

• Am using the RBA base with a simple single 28g coil around 1.3 ohms and low power around 12 watts

This tank has worked flawlessly for a very long time - over 18 months or even 2 years. Gets used daily and is my main out and about car device - so its quite an important device for me.

I washed out the tank and the parts. Dried it.
I rebuilt the coil (was due anyway), rewicked as per normal - and it behaved for the first tankful on that new setup.

But then today again, while holding it in my hand and looking on my ipad, quite a big "splotch" fell on my ipad screen.

For the life of me I cant figure out where the juice is coming from. I think its coming out the airholes.

Could this be because the RBA base is shot? Maybe something is wrong with the part that screws into the base?
Or do I need to replace the rubber rings? (Never done that on this device)

Calling all Subtank Mini V2 stalwarts
Also paging @Stosta

Its not leaking like it did in my moms car so its usable at home - and i can wipe it occasionally, but it makes me so sad if this is going to be the end of my Subtank Mini V2.... Because the way it is now, i cant really trust taking it out and about...

@
Hi guys

Am going to use this very old thread instead of creating a new one. I did a search for subtank in the title in the RTA subforum and found this.

My problem is that my mighty Subtank Mini is leaking

• First time it happened was a few days ago when i had it in my moms car in the cup holder. It was tilted to the side. When i took it out after a bit of driving around, there was quite a pool of juice in the cupholder.

• I am using the Subtank Mini V2 (the one with the two air slots) and not the topfill one.

• Am using the RBA base with a simple single 28g coil around 1.3 ohms and low power around 12 watts

This tank has worked flawlessly for a very long time - over 18 months or even 2 years. Gets used daily and is my main out and about car device - so its quite an important device for me.

I washed out the tank and the parts. Dried it.
I rebuilt the coil (was due anyway), rewicked as per normal - and it behaved for the first tankful on that new setup.

But then today again, while holding it in my hand and looking on my ipad, quite a big "splotch" fell on my ipad screen.

For the life of me I cant figure out where the juice is coming from. I think its coming out the airholes.

Could this be because the RBA base is shot? Maybe something is wrong with the part that screws into the base?
Or do I need to replace the rubber rings? (Never done that on this device)

Calling all Subtank Mini V2 stalwarts
Also paging @Stosta

Its not leaking like it did in my moms car so its usable at home - and i can wipe it occasionally, but it makes me so sad if this is going to be the end of my Subtank Mini V2.... Because the way it is now, i cant really trust taking it out and about...
@Silver I feel your pain. Got my Toptank last year only lasted one day something with the pin they replaced it and i got the broken one for free. Couple off days ago it starts leaking normally its the wicking re wick but no luck change parts around from the broken one still it leaks and then it just stop working. I loved my Toptank but time to move on got myself the OBS Nano and problem solved.

@
@Silver I feel your pain. Got my Toptank last year only lasted one day something with the pin they replaced it and i got the broken one for free. Couple off days ago it starts leaking normally its the wicking re wick but no luck change parts around from the broken one still it leaks and then it just stop working. I loved my Toptank but time to move on got myself the OBS Nano and problem solved.

Thanks @Dolfie - appreciate it
But i have a very high fondness for this tank - so i will try solve it before retiring it...
But if i do retire it i will keep the obs nano in mind, thanks

Thanks @Dolfie - appreciate it
But i have a very high fondness for this tank - so i will try solve it before retiring it...
But if i do retire it i will keep the obs nano in mind, thanks
Jip for me the Toptank was great strange how attached you can get to something. I have Rods and reels that is older than 10years and still they performs flawless if something must happen to them I will have to take family responsibility leave. It will be like death in the family.

With 18 months of hassle free daily use on the clock I'm going to assume you know how to wick this thing but just to be sure, check that the wick isn't coming into contact with the top of the deck surface. If the wick gets over saturated it can create a juice bridge and flow freely down the air hole.

Failing that, check the glass very carefully for chips or cracks, even the finest crack can cause issues and may not always be clearly visible. It may also be a good idea to change out any seals and o rings that you can as they could just be perished or compressed to the point where they're not creating a proper seal.

Hi @Silver - mine did exactly the same thing thing.

Change all the O-Rings and reverse the glass - bottom to top and top to bottom and let the O-Rings seat again. Don't forget that little one around the RBA Deck.

@Silver mine started doing this at the meet and wouldn't quit no matter how I built our wicked.

Replaced the o-rings and now back to normal, so refiner definitely give that a go!

Thanks @BumbleBee , @Max and @Stosta
Much appreciated
I will perform a major overhaul on this special atty soon
Thankfully today it has behaved - but i have trust issues, so I have to sort it out

I have never even removed the glass on this - feel like such a noob.
lol

@BumbleBee - thanks for the tip about not making a juice bridge
Next time i rewick i will try remember to take note of that and take a pic for closer inspection, and will examine the glass carefully. I have a magnofying glass somewhere - wish i had @Andre 's special magnifier contraption - grin

Thanks @BumbleBee , @Max and @Stosta
Much appreciated
I will perform a major overhaul on this special atty soon
Thankfully today it has behaved - but i have trust issues, so I have to sort it out

I have never even removed the glass on this - feel like such a noob.
lol

@BumbleBee - thanks for the tip about not making a juice bridge
Next time i rewick i will try remember to take note of that and take a pic for closer inspection, and will examine the glass carefully. I have a magnofying glass somewhere - wish i had @Andre 's special magnifier contraption - grin

Hey @Silver, hope you get sorted, I am also a big fan of these tanks. Just a tip when removing glass is to put in the fridge for a while, seems to ease the process a little.

Hey @Silver, hope you get sorted, I am also a big fan of these tanks. Just a tip when removing glass is to put in the fridge for a while, seems to ease the process a little.

Thanks so much @Neal
Much appreciated

Back