Leaking Subtank

i have a bunch of these o rings that you may have.

Thanks @shabbar - much appreciated
I am pretty sure I have some of them in the original package - but will check with you if I come unstuck

@Silver, Not sure how 'stuck' the glass will be on your SubTank.
Using metal or sharp objects is not an option as you will either damage the glass or the o-rings.

I usually wedge a fingernail in between the little ridge where the glass meets the metal of the top cap. Hold & turn it in one hand while you gently pry in consecutive spots with the other till it starts sliding off the top o-ring. You can also pinch it on the open end between your thumb and forefinger to add some extra 'traction', and pry with you middle fingernail while the tank is in your palm like this:
upload_2017-4-24_22-49-37.png
If you work gently, you won't screw up the tank or your nails ;)

Once it's loosened, just gently slide the glass all the way off as straight and slow as possible. If you yank it or it suddenly gives while you pull on either end, chances are it's going to come off skew and snap a chunk out of the glass end that is still over the barrel.

@Silver, Not sure how 'stuck' the glass will be on your SubTank.
Using metal or sharp objects is not an option as you will either damage the glass or the o-rings.

I usually wedge a fingernail in between the little ridge where the glass meets the metal of the top cap. Hold & turn it in one hand while you gently pry in consecutive spots with the other till it starts sliding off the top o-ring. You can also pinch it on the open end between your thumb and forefinger to add some extra 'traction', and pry with you middle fingernail while the tank is in your palm like this:
View attachment 92624
If you work gently, you won't screw up the tank or your nails ;)

Once it's loosened, just gently slide the glass all the way off as straight and slow as possible. If you yank it or it suddenly gives while you pull on either end, chances are it's going to come off skew and snap a chunk out of the glass end that is still over the barrel.

Thanks @Kuhlkatz - i really appreciate this
I was not aware of these things so this will help
Thankfully the subtank mini has not leaked a drop over the last tankful and i just havent had the time to focus on all the above and figure out the issues. But your explanation is very helpful as a caution not to break the glass. Thanks

I think the main culprit for leaks on the SubTank is usually a broken / faulty o-ring on the RBA base, or if the RBA is not 100% tight. The juice bridge is also an option as @BumbleBee indicated.
Mine has been rock-solid, even with it's v1 RBA base, and is still in use almost daily since the day I got it. Even if I don't puff on it, it will still have joose loaded and sit on a mod.

Back