Lemo 2 builds and wicking...

Tried 3 different ways of pancaking. Still no joy.

I would think that the pancake should not be too long, it should not touch the deck, this would give the thicker juice the opportunity to get into the chamber without having to touch the wick until it is well and truly in there to saturate the wick nicely.

sort of like this

Attachments

• pancake.jpg
    pancake.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 19
Also try a bigger ID coil, so the cotton will have more volume, but with smaller pancakes

Also try a bigger ID coil, so the cotton will have more volume, but with smaller pancakes

Tried the pancake method with short wicks just above the deck and tried various coils with bigger id's. The only way I can vape high vg juice is by loosening the glass and tightening again which allows the air bubble to come up.
Will try this method tonight.

@Yiannaki, a few questions if I may
1. How do you attach the legs to the screws? Am i right that the legs are different lengths. One is closer to the post than the other? Do the coils heat up evenly when pulsing before wicking?
2. Is it a crisp vape? Will I like it for my menthol juices in your opinion?
3. What power do you run it at and what juice are you vaping at the moment?

Forgive my late response. Have not been on the forum for a few days :p

1 - The legs are slightly different in length, correct. The distance from the posts to the air hole differs slightly on the lemo 2 deck. So to get them both in the center, the one had to be slightly longer. They did heat up evenly when pulsing.

With regard to wrapping, have a look at the below video from Rip Trippers. He used a 1mm ID if im not mistaken. I opted for 1.5mm instead and as opposed to installing them one by one, i installed both simultaneously. Which i found made it easier to wrap the leads around the screws.

2 - Its definitely a crisper vape than the usual dual coils which i use on other devices. I think the 1.5 ID makes a huge difference with regard to that VS a 2.0/2.5mm ID

I definitely think its worth a try on your lemo with your menthol juice.

The wicking also ensures no dry hits (at least so far for me) seeing as you are running two strands. You can tuck them to each side of the deck and the juice channels are completely unobstructed.

3 - I am running it between 22 - 30 watts depending on the mood :D

@Yiannaki that build looks interesting, shall attempt it tonight. I have a problem though, I love my lemo2, from the ease of filling to the beautiful flavor but the minute I insert 80/20, this thing goes to shit. I've literally tried everything to get it to wick properly but I'm getting no joy. Any tricks that anyone knows off?

Hey man, have a look at the following wicking technique : http://www.ecigssa.co.za/single-coil-rta-wicking-technique.t12726/#post-239737

Hopefully that should help! Let us know :)

Well guys Just did a vertical coil ID 3mm the original 24awg that was in the box .44Ω according to the display wicking was about 10mm wide just pushed down around the coil after pitting the wide part of the chimney on. so far on 35w on the istck tc40w and its vaping like a boss.

Well guys Just did a vertical coil ID 3mm the original 24awg that was in the box .44Ω according to the display wicking was about 10mm wide just pushed down around the coil after pitting the wide part of the chimney on. so far on 35w on the istck tc40w and its vaping like a boss.
It started flooding so I wrapped
Cotton around the coil and filled the sides. I must say this configuration of a vertical coil gave me warm vape good airflow but heated the tank crazy hot. I need a bigger mod for this configuration as battery life was very short on the small I stick. Good flavour but also experienced lots of spitting. I will give a compressed vertical coil a go next.

Cant travel with this tank, leaks all over the place whenever its on it side....

Found something great been using the one mini drip tip on the lemo2 and the flavor is amazing.

Back