Lemo 2 builds and wicking...

I give up with this tank. Tried normal and spaced coils at 2.5 and 3mm. I've tried jap cotton and rayon. I've tried 3 different size pancake wicks and about 5 different size normal wick ranging from just touching the deck to filling the deck and just leaving the juice channel open. Convinced it's something with the vacuum not working. Sometimes I get through half a tank before the dry hits start, other times its every 3 or 4 hits and I have to keep priming it by blocking the air holes and suckling. Not sure if mine is defective or what. Dont even want to put it on the classifieds cause I don't want anyone else to have to deal with this POS.
TRY THE VIDEO ON RIP TRIPPER , IT SOLVED ALL THE ISSUES ON MY LEMO

my Lemo 2 is built as follows.
3mm dia.
28awg nickel 200
10 wraps
Koh gen do

clouds as good as my billow. The trick to no dry hits is don't use rayon lol.

I hate rayon with a passion.

Whats yours ohms on this build, seems like its much over 1, Am I correct ? How many watts you running it at ?
Last question, will same setup work on standard Kanthal

yes it will work on kanthal. It comes out to .12 ohms I put the mod on 50w and temp on 460- 480F so it ramps up super fast but levels out at the set temp. I can take a long draw until the 10s protection kicks in and it is a smooth tasty vape.

Saw a review on the tank and for the life of me cant remember who's, if I find it I will post a link. However, he noted that by tightening the tank down hard the oring was being flattened and restricting the juice holes. he slightly backed off on how tight it was and it was bubbling each time after a hit.

impossible there isn't an oring near the juice well holes.

if your juice is too heavy on VG add a ml or two of saline solution.

Never ever had a dry hit on my Lemo 2, use pancake (fan wick) onto deck, not down juice channels. Vaped high VG too.

At a breakfast this morning, @Yiannaki helped me to wick my Lemo2 beautifully.

Thanks Yiannaki. It's working like a charm.

I was getting dry hits on longer draws. I tried several methods but to no avail.

Yiannaki trained me on his method of pancake wicking. He did it in front of me and showed me slowly what he was doing.

We used Rayon so quite a lot and quite tight. Nice bunny aerials :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434309337.918765.jpg

Then, before blowing the wicks on either end he prodded them first to get the basic shape. That was the part I did not do before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434309423.558952.jpg

Not shown he then lubed it up and cuts off the unused top parts.

@Yiannaki, I am halfway through the second tank of Paulie's guava juice and not a single hint of dry hitting.

Your method of thinning the wick seems to be the key. Working very well. And Paulie's guava is thick. 70 % VG. I am impressed.

You have breathed new life into my Lemo2. And I love the way the Lemo2 can be refilled without disconnecting the tank. Thanks!

So I picked one of these up today from @Melinda and @Derick. Stock build and wicking is running great at 20W. Pretty damn impressive. Looking forward to what else it has in store for me, exactly the kind rta I was looking for. A little more thirsty than I expected, been through 3 tanks today, but it might just be that the flavour is so damn good that I can't keep it out of my hands!
I have heard very good reviews on the Lemo's...seems to all check out....enjoy the Vape mate, good times ahead for you.

Great job @Silver and @Yiannaki (All I can think when I type that is Yiayia). The Lemo2 doesn't get enough love - I've got 2 now, one's got a 0.8ohm build on a mech and has gone dryish once (out of 10 or so fills) my other I run from 17.5-25W and things hint at dry once every couple of tanks and I that's vaping from 70/30 to max vg.

@Puff&Pass I now have two ;) Both doing well!

For those who missed this cutie

Lemo.jpg

Great job @Silver and @Yiannaki (All I can think when I type that is Yiayia). The Lemo2 doesn't get enough love - I've got 2 now, one's got a 0.8ohm build on a mech and has gone dryish once (out of 10 or so fills) my other I run from 17.5-25W and things hint at dry once every couple of tanks and I that's vaping from 70/30 to max vg.

Thanks @Mike

I agree, the Lemo2 is a good device. Lovely to fill with the esternal fill port and easy to adjust the airflow.

I need to vape on it more but initial findings I have had is that the Lemo1 is still my preferred flavour tank. I find it a bit crisper or as @free3dom so appropriately described - its "edgy". I find that crispness nicer for me for the fruity menthol vapes where I like the menthol burn. (Lowish power, lomg restrictive lung hits) By comparison, the Lemo2 seems to be a bit more smooth - i dont get the same menthol bite. I am expecting it to be better for the more complex mixes like the desserts. Just my feeling and I probably wont test it thoroughly for desserts because I am not a dessert fan.

Anyhow, its still very good and the smaller tank size of the lemo2 is not a problem given the easier fill procedure.

I was full on drippers until recently so I've not yet had a chance to try a L1 (Or even things like the new Kayfuns etc). I find it sad that the single coil RTA with nice adjustable airflow is becoming so rare (All I can think about is how there needs to be some advancement in terms of juice flow control). I'm hugely sensitive to the taste of cotton and got really, really good at wicking on my drippers, but gosh I can run a through a few tanks of juice before I even need to think of changing up the cotton. I enjoy that they're mostly simple and that I don't have to fiddle too much with my stupid hands.

I think I might have to fire up some drippers again and try see what you mean. That might be why my fruit punch vape suddenly became too round a while back...

Another great single coil tank is the Taifun GT 2. Very similar to the Lemo1 in flavour.

At a breakfast this morning, @Yiannaki helped me to wick my Lemo2 beautifully.

Thanks Yiannaki. It's working like a charm.

I was getting dry hits on longer draws. I tried several methods but to no avail.

Yiannaki trained me on his method of pancake wicking. He did it in front of me and showed me slowly what he was doing.

We used Rayon so quite a lot and quite tight. Nice bunny aerials :

View attachment 29322

Then, before blowing the wicks on either end he prodded them first to get the basic shape. That was the part I did not do before.

View attachment 29323

Not shown he then lubed it up and cuts off the unused top parts.

@Yiannaki, I am halfway through the second tank of Paulie's guava juice and not a single hint of dry hitting.

Your method of thinning the wick seems to be the key. Working very well. And Paulie's guava is thick. 70 % VG. I am impressed.

You have breathed new life into my Lemo2. And I love the way the Lemo2 can be refilled without disconnecting the tank. Thanks!
So glad to hear that it's working well for you @Silver

Thank you for documenting the process and explaining it on here. Hopefully it can also help some others when wicking the Lemo 2.

I personally think the Lemo 2 is very under rated. All these fancy dual coil tanks seem to be getting all of the attention.

The Lemo 2 has superb flavour, is easy to refill and it's virtually leak proof (except when I fill the tank and forget to close the top fill hole - which happens once in a while)

For those who missed this cutie

View attachment 29324
Lol. Do you know that yiayia is greek for grandmother?

@Yiannaki I know, I know! However with my limited vocabulary (and come on Greek names are tricky as a xeno) I can't help it!

Efharisto - Greek/Cypriot gf is teaching me the ways ;)

So glad to hear that it's working well for you @Silver

The Lemo 2 has superb flavour, is easy to refill and it's virtually leak proof (except when I fill the tank and forget to close the top fill hole - which happens once in a while)

lol I just done the opposite I forgot to close the airflow , well I have replaced 2 wicks in as many weeks, using the cotton that was supplied. Now I don't do "heavy" lung hits. I have not had a single dry hit on 50/50 mix seems I have been very lucky and hope this continues. I pretty much wick the same way, fluff the cotton and just let it touch the base by the juice holes after wetting it down.

I'm using 28g tempered ni200, 4 wraps on a 3mm. Wicked with jap cotton. .08 ohm. On my sx mini m class, 40j @ 380 degrees

So after using my Lemo 2 for months, post the MvC meet on Sunday it decided to start shedding it's load through the air holes. No idea why? Coil maybe to high or low above the airflow hole?

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

So after using my Lemo 2 for months, post the MvC meet on Sunday it decided to start shedding it's load through the air holes. No idea why? Coil maybe to high or low above the airflow hole?

Did the leaking start after you refilled?

Is it the same one I coiled and wicked for you?

Have you tried unscrewing the base. There might be juice sitting in there and that's what is coming out.

Very strange as I have setup mine the same way as yours countless times without issues.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Check for the o-ring around the top of the chimney, where it screws into the top section :)

Back