Lemo 2 builds and wicking...

Just coiled another Lemo2 build :D

Done a 30 gauge 6 wrap Clapton build on the Lemo2 sitting on a KBOX regulated box at 35watts

30gauge Clapton1.jpg

Cut the KGD cotton level or inline with the Deck
30gauge Clapton2.jpg

Juiced and ready to be Vaped, in all it's glory. :D
30gauge Clapton3.jpg

So I picked one of these up today from @Melinda and @Derick. Stock build and wicking is running great at 20W. Pretty damn impressive. Looking forward to what else it has in store for me, exactly the kind rta I was looking for. A little more thirsty than I expected, been through 3 tanks today, but it might just be that the flavour is so damn good that I can't keep it out of my hands!

So I picked one of these up today from @Melinda and @Derick. Stock build and wicking is running great at 20W. Pretty damn impressive. Looking forward to what else it has in store for me, exactly the kind rta I was looking for. A little more thirsty than I expected, been through 3 tanks today, but it might just be that the flavour is so damn good that I can't keep it out of my hands!

Mmmm I got mine second had could someone post a pic of the stock build.

Rebuilt with smaller ID, 26AWG, 6 wraps. No more dry hits. I think the big ID like the coil it ships with might be causing dry hits on the High VG liquids
2057295068e75ef6d457e4492e38dc36.jpg

I went from 3.2 down to 2.4. Running 2.4, 26AWG on all my tanks and RDAs now. Gives the best flavour for me
Maybe you are right. Mine is running on a 2.5 mm ID micro coil - no problems.

Maybe you are right. Mine is running on a 2.5 mm ID micro coil - no problems.
I think what we forget is the fact that the ID is bigger will automatically introduce more wicking material, potentially creating dry hits.

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

I think what we forget is the fact that the ID is bigger will automatically introduce more wicking material, potentially creating dry hits.

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

Bit confused by this @LandyMan - how does introducing more wick give dry hits?
Not saying you are wrong - but just confused
I thought if there is not enough wick, the juice dries up and thats where the dry hits could come from -

but if there is too much wick... i never thought that could also give dry hits?

I thought if there is not enough wick, the juice dries up and thats where the dry hits could come from -

Lol. Not sure I am right either :) With thicker juices and more wick, it takes longer for the liquid to reach the coil, resulting in dry hits when you take long drags or chain vape. At least that's what my logic is telling me ;)

I think what's happening is that the juice can't saturate the wick fast enough, this would be a limitation of the juice channels, not the wick.

I think what's happening is that the juice can't saturate the wick fast enough, this would be a limitation of the juice channels, not the wick.
It's a combination of the two in my opinion. When squonking max VG vs 50/50 on the REO with the atty top open you can see the difference in saturation time between the two liquids. So when more wick is introduced, the max VG will take even longer to saturate

Spot on @LandyMan !

It is a balance between the amount of wick and the amount of liquid that the juice channels can deliver per drag. For devices with bigger juice channels you can have a lot of wick because so much more juice is delivered to it every time you take a drag. For those with smaller channels the amount of juice that is introduced is not enough to fully saturate the wick.

Remember that juice only gets to the wick while drawing air out, not after you stop sucking on the device. So each draw needs to deliver the correct amount of liquid to the wick in order to fully saturate it :)

It's a combination of the two in my opinion. When squonking max VG vs 50/50 on the REO with the atty top open you can see the difference in saturation time between the two liquids. So when more wick is introduced, the max VG will take even longer to saturate
Makes perfect sense, so again, less is more :)

We're forgetting about capillary action as well.

Bigger coil - more wick and better wicking.

Increased cotton "density" - worse wicking and can cause dry hits.

This whole thing is a balancing act which can prove pretty damn tricky. Touch wood however, I can chain vape at 25W with no problems or dry hits.

Not with higher VG juices as discussed above in my opinion

That's not been my experience with 70/30 - perhaps max VG is different. We should also remember that wicking improves as we vape, as the liquid becomes less viscous as it heats up as well as improving the capillary action.

That's not been my experience with 70/30 - perhaps max VG is different. We should also remember that wicking improves as we vape, as the liquid becomes less viscous as it heats up as well as improving the capillary action.
Up to 70/30 mine's been ok. 80 and up is a big problem for me on the big ID coils

Thanks for all the replies on this @LandyMan, @free3dom ,@BumbleBee and @Mike

So it seems then that one also has to pick the right ID for your coil based on the device at hand and not just on what you prefer...

My original logic was that for lower power - say up to 20W, you can get away with 1.5mm ID for a crisp vape.
Then as you increase the power, you typically need a bigger ID to get more wick because it vaporises more and it will need more juice. But what you are saying is that if you go too big, it may not wick properly with heavy VG juice.

I suppose my logic was for drippers and not tanks.

These tanks are quite confusing... lol

PS - Getting dry hits again on my Lemo2 and I changed nothing. Just refilled. Sigh.... and Im using 50/50. Its a 2mm ID coil (1.1 ohms) using Native Wicks. Had a tank and a half of brilliant vaping. Now its going back to its old ways... So fickle.... or maybe I am too judgemental. Lol.

PPS - none of the Reos are dry hitting...
(reaches for a Reo and takes a satisfying Lime Ice long lung hit vape on the Nuppin)

PPS - none of the Reos are dry hitting...
(reaches for a Reo and takes a satisfying Lime Ice long lung hit vape on the Nuppin)
That's for sure @Silver. Fell in love with Jane again after struggling with the Lemo's dry hits. Built the same duals in the Odin and she is fantastic. Been through 4 bottles in the last 2 days, with the Goblin and Lemo inbetween

I had a chap come into the shop today. He'd built a coil on his Lemo 2 with 28g Kanthal and wicked it with cotton. He showed me photos of the build with what looked like a 3.5 or 4mm ID. Not sure how many wraps he had on there, looked like 4, maybe 5, the coil came out at 1.3 ohms. After wicking you could hardly see the coil. I laughed and told him that would never work. Then he hands me his IPV set to 27w and says, "try it".

He had it loaded with SkyBlue Ambrosia, I popped my drip tip on there and took a few long pulls, getting myself ready for a dry hit. I was quite surprised, Ambrosia never tasted to good, and the dry hit never came. Maybe this guy is just lucky, he's just started rebuilding :O

Back