Newbie Wanting To Do It Right-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfrepus

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So like I mentioned in the intro thread, started with a twisp a little while ago and realised I need a better setup to stay with vaping (something I really want to do).

I am a tinkering sort of person but when it comes to my nic fix I need simplicity while getting a good hit. I dont mind filling/cleaning etc as long as i dont need to draw blueprints before I do.

Would love a device that delivers good vapour for decent hit and flavour. It also needs to be practical to carry in pocket (some of the good mods available just look huge!)

Was thinking of going with this:

ITaste svd (love the vv/vw but it looks huge/impractical compared to slimmer things like a twisp)
Iclear 30s (I dont know everything but from what ive read so far the dual coil sounds promising for big vapor production)

Battery??? (Need something that drives the atty well enuff and at least gets me thru 1 day to charge at night. In terms of usage I was a 1 PAD smoker but I know its difficult to translate that to vaping frequency. As a baseline, my twisp lasts me thru a little more than a day currently)
Size...the twisp is cool in terms of size factor. Im worried I wont be able to get a better experience without basically carrying a dildo sized hubbly in my pocket if I go with a decent mod ;P lol

Price - ive got around 1500 to play here for a full solution. Pity I bought the twisp else I would have had more.

Any suggestions from noob guiders?

Ps. Sorry for comparing everything to a dumb twisp but im a noob and dont have much experience of anything else. I do apologize :)

Value for money option is the MVP... it comes with the best battery life in the game and a cable to charge it as well as an atomiser.

http://www.vapeking.co.za/ecig-mods/innokin-itaste-mvp-2-0-laser-black.html

R760 for everything!

Nautilus3.jpg

To go for perfection add a Nautilus tank as shown in the picture for R450 and you are set!

And last but most important get some of Vapour Mountain Juices! If you like Menthol then VM Menthol Ice is heaven!

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/index.php?threads/vapour-mountain-premium-e-liquid-and-diy-mixing-kits.70/

If you don't like the square battery then take a look at the SID.

http://www.vapeking.co.za/ecig-mods/smoktech-sid-mod.html R700

But you will need batteries... best to get two... at R100 each

http://www.vapeking.co.za/electroni...fire-18650-2000mah-protected-3-7v-li-ion.html

And you will need a battery charger R260

http://www.vapeking.co.za/ecig-accessories/nitecore-i2-intellicharger.html

And finally if you don't like the idea of a big 5ml tank like the Nautilus then you could get the smaller Aerotank at R340

http://www.vapeking.co.za/ecig-clearomizers/kangertech-aerotank.html

Agree with @Rob Fisher ... MVP is your best bet if you don't mind the square look. I was put off at 1st by the look of the MVP, until I bought one... now I love it. Battery lasts forever and it's small enough to fit into your hand

For R760 it includes batteries(built in), charger(usb cable) and even comes with an iclear 30 (which I personally don't like) but you could go for a nautilus or protank.

This would leave enough in your budget for some juice.

Personally I would not go with the iClear30s. I own one and lets just say after using two tanks full it now just sits in the cupboard. Although the vapour production is good I find that both the flavour and the TH are muted in those tanks.

The SVD is a really great choice, what awesome about it is that it is telescopic so you can chuck a 18350 into there and it becomes portable, however you will need to carry spare charged batteries with you, depending on usage, to get you through the day.

I personally carry an ego VV battery with me allowing me to up the volts if need be depending on the atty that I am running. For me ego batteries are by the far the more convenient battery to carry around but it may not give you power punch that you are looking for.

To get the best vape you can possible get, rebuilding coils would be the best way. What I have done is rebuild the coils in an evod style tank like that of the mPT2 (mini protank 2), gives me great flavour and fits nicely on any battery that has ego threading. You have the benefit of the tank with the customisation of ohms in the coil you rebuilt.

If a twisp battery at 650 mah lasts you through the day, you are a very moderate vaper.

If you want to go slim and trim:
  1. The Vision Spinner 1300 mah. This battery will surely last you through the day and more. It has variable voltage so you can up your power for more throat hit. You can buy that for R350.00 here. With that you need a charger at R100.00
  2. On top of that my recommendation is a Kanger Protank Mini 3, which has dual coils so will give you a super hit. Also nice and slim and will fit the Vision Spinner like a glove. Takes 1.5 ml. Contact this reseller on our forum.
Here is a picture of the Vision Spinner:
ezQ0o3r.jpg

Picture of the Kanger Protank Mini 3 on top of a battery the same size as a Vision Spinner:
brY31mu.jpg

If you do not mind a little bulkier:
  1. I totally agree that the MVP is perfect and has a battery capacity of 2600 mah - so should last almost twice as long as the Vision Spinner.
  2. On top of that - the Aspire Nautilus is a top notch atomizer, but imo a bit top heavy and not too pocket friendly on the MVP. For me the Kanger Aerotank works better. The Aerotank uses the same coils as the Protank Mini 3 mentioned above, but takes 2.5 ml. I also do not like the iClear atomizers.
Here a picture with dimensions of the MVP
HKIlxrC.jpg

Picture of the MVP with the Kanger Aerotank. In front is the SID with the Aspire Nautilus. Courtesy of @Rob Fisher.
index.php

Thanks for the great replies so far guys. Mvp looks interesting. The SID also caught my eye last night while browsing the vapeking site.

I should mention that juice is not part of my +-1500 budget. That amount is solely for the device. I will by juice in addition.

So how pocket friendly is the mvp once the tank is on top? Tough to tell from pics...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk now Free

Wow, @Matthee, that is a fantastic post!

@gorfrepus - you are a lucky man to get such an informed response. I don't believe you would get this type of advice from anywhere else - with all photos and diagrams!!!

I agree with what @Matthee has posted.

All the best!

You guys have been really helpful. A BEEEEG thank you to everyone.

I think im getting a better feel for my personal solution. Gonna get a neat little spinner plus mPT2 for 'office'/carry on device when im at work or out n about. Seems like it will be a decent balance on vape quality and size.

Then ill work on getting a big mother like a 134 or something to use when im chilling at home.

Will cost more than 1500 but will be the best for me in the long run instead of trying to find one solution for all scenarios.

Thanks again guys. Now just wondering if vapeking or other sellers has some sort of store or something so I can go visit n see these things before buying?

Gonna get a neat little spinner plus mPT2 for 'office'/carry on device when im at work or out n about. Seems like it will be a decent balance on vape quality and size.

Good choice and a great place to start! :)

You guys have been really helpful. A BEEEEG thank you to everyone.

I think im getting a better feel for my personal solution. Gonna get a neat little spinner plus mPT2 for 'office'/carry on device when im at work or out n about. Seems like it will be a decent balance on vape quality and size.

Then ill work on getting a big mother like a 134 or something to use when im chilling at home.

Will cost more than 1500 but will be the best for me in the long run instead of trying to find one solution for all scenarios.

Thanks again guys. Now just wondering if vapeking or other sellers has some sort of store or something so I can go visit n see these things before buying?

Yes, Vapeking you can go and visit. Check out the contact detail on their web site. You can also taste some juices there.

I stopped by VapeKing on Thursday afternoon and managed to pick up some light equipment. Bought an evod 1100mah battery and an iclear 16s.

Not really wowed yet by the iclear but im sure it needs a vv battery to shine. The bigger evod battery gives the twisp a little extra punch but seems to be picky about when it works with the twisp clearomiser. Was working on Thursday but havent got it to fire on that clearomiser since.

Now I just need a vision spinner n ill be set...for another week. :p

The bigger evod battery gives the twisp a little extra punch but seems to be picky about when it works with the twisp clearomiser. Was working on Thursday but havent got it to fire on that clearomiser since.

Twisp batteries and clearomisers don't do well with other batteries and atomisers... Some of of the Twisp chargers don't like other batteries either and just simply won't work.

Twisp batteries and clearomisers don't do well with other batteries and atomisers... Some of of the Twisp chargers don't like other batteries either and just simply won't work.

Good to know. Ive noticed as well that the twisp juice tastes better (flavour and vapor volume) in the twisp clearo than it does in the iclear.

Good to know. Ive noticed as well that the twisp juice tastes better (flavour and vapor volume) in the twisp clearo than it does in the iclear.

Absolutely no question about it! Twisp Juices have been engineered for the Twisp devices... I think the Twisp runs and lower power than most of the other devices and using a VV/VW device and turning it right down will give you a better flavour... I still have some Twisp Juices and I have been meaning to try them again since I now have a VV/VW device that will go down low...

You need to get some Vapour Mountain Juices as soon as possible so keep you on the straight and narrow... Also if you are close to Vape King you need to try the TopQ Juices which I also found to be pretty good.

The TopQ juices I really liked were coffee, Menthol, Pepper Menthol, Chewing Gum (which should actually be called spearmint) and the Double Apple. NOw that I'm talking about TopQ Juices I have taken them out of my drawer and will try them again... haven't used them for a while.

Hi @gorfrepus - I do agree with you on this and have found the same thing. I vaped the Twisp juices on the Protanks and they are not as nice as on the Twisp.

In my opinion, I think a lot has to do with the airflow and the fairly unique Twisp mouthpiece

I have just tried the TopQ pepper menthol in my Twisp and it was far smoother than the Twist flavours. Unfortunately only had the 12mg so lets see what the cravings do.

Next to try the Vapour Mountain

Currently have Twisp peach in my twisp device and the same flavour in my iclear 16 on top of an evod 1100mah.

Iclear vape is currently a bit harsh and dry with little flavour and less volume compared to twisp. It seems that the twisp liquid does indeed do better in a twisp device (juice probably tweaked for the coil/votage supply combo).

Im sure the iclear will shine more once my vv battery arrives and I get my hands on some vm juice from @Oupa. Going to try order tonight.

As a side note to other twisp users...try a mix of 40% twisp peach and 60% twisp vanilla...it rocked me in traffic this afternoon!!!

remember the iClear 16 is a dual coil so you will need a bit more power on it so the VV would be a good idea.

I have noticed that with the iClear 16 anything above 4.3v and you will start to get a burnt taste.

remember the iClear 16 is a dual coil so you will need a bit more power on it so the VV would be a good idea.

I have noticed that with the iClear 16 anything above 4.3v and you will start to get a burnt taste.

Thanks for the tip @BhavZ. I'm just trying out different kit at the moment. Iclear 16 was my first purchase. Have a pro tank mini 2 on the way from eciggies along with the vision spinner. So much to try... and learn... :)

Thanks for the tip @BhavZ. I'm just trying out different kit at the moment. Iclear 16 was my first purchase. Have a pro tank mini 2 on the way from eciggies along with the vision spinner. So much to try... and learn... :)

Dude you are gonna love the mPT2. Its a beautiful little device, easy to clean, easy to maintain. If you are to still put your order through I would suggest getting a spare glass for it as well, they are not expensive. As the thank is steel and pyrex the pyrex can break and it is always handy to have a spare tube at hand.

Eish. Order already on its way. No worries to as I doubt it's the last order im going to place.

Does anyone else find that clearos deliver better flavor when they are half-full to empty? Or is it just me?

I have noticed that as well.. I personally think that it has got to do with air in the tank.. there is more air when the tank is half full and that allows for the flavour to be more pronounced imo

Does anyone else find that clearos deliver better flavor when they are half-full to empty? Or is it just me?

Depends what Clearo. If it's a top coil like a Twisp, then yes, you need to tilt the device into a near horizontal position to wet the wicks. Otherwise the wicks get dry and you lose a bit of flavour. So if you are not tilting the device, when the tank is nearing empty, then you will lose flavour. For me, I have found that I need to keep it above about 1/3 to get a decent consistent vape (with occasional tilting, of course).

Bottom coils, like the mini Protank 2 do not require this tilting since their coils and wicks are at the bottom

Some folk prefer top coils because the vape is warmer and the flavour can be very good, depending on the device. Others prefer the so called cooler vape of a bottom coil and the advantage of not having to tilt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back