PIF Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marconagel

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi my name is marco nagel i just started vaping i am in need of a coil making kit exturnal charge an 3 extra batterys am from pretoria pm me if anyone can help me

Hi my name is marco nagel i just started vaping i am in need of a coil making kit exturnal charge an 3 extra batterys am from pretoria pm me if anyone can help me
@Marconagel are you looking to buy 2nd hand from someone or get it from PIF?

you dont really need a coil making kit, drill bit or screwdriver does the job

what are you currently vaping on, in terms of RTA, RDA ?

Rta griffin 25 plus from geekvape

Do you have wire and cotton? You mention that you need 3 batteries. Are you using a RX200? You will probably find a lot of folks more than willing to part with cotton and 24ga kanthal since Nichrome prebuilds started becoming gospel. Batteries might be a bit more difficult to source via PIF seeing as by the time it's no longer viable for the owner, odds are that it's no longer useful. As for a charger, you can charge your batts in most mods nowadays via the usb port.

Rta griffin 25 plus from geekvape

nice tank, good thing is if you look after your coils you can run then in excess of 2 months, saving a packet

unfortunately cant help you with bats or charger, but if you ever in Eastrand can help you with some juice !

i won a cuboid pro and use a eleaf pico that batterys are for them and no i dont have cotten and wire thats why i am looking for a coil DIY kit because i know you get cotten and wire in it

nice tank, good thing is if you look after your coils you can run then in excess of 2 months, saving a packet

unfortunately cant help you with bats or charger, but if you ever in Eastrand can help you with some juice !
Am from pretoria and dont go that side ill have to walk there

Do you have wire and cotton? You mention that you need 3 batteries. Are you using a RX200? You will probably find a lot of folks more than willing to part with cotton and 24ga kanthal since Nichrome prebuilds started becoming gospel. Batteries might be a bit more difficult to source via PIF seeing as by the time it's no longer viable for the owner, odds are that it's no longer useful. As for a charger, you can charge your batts in most mods nowadays via the usb port.
I want the extural because i saw it charge much faster and thats why am asking extra bats also

I do not have wire and cotten thats why i asked for the DIY kit i did do some looking up about the diy kits

you dont really need a coil making kit, drill bit or screwdriver does the job

what are you currently vaping on, in terms of RTA, RDA ?
Am new at this and ja am not working so thats why a
Asking for help

I do not have wire and cotten thats why i asked for the DIY kit i did do some looking up about the diy kits

A DIY coil kit is typically aimed at containing tools for coil building (ceramic tweezers, kuro coiler, flush cutters, etc) rather that the actual consumables (wire and cotton), ergo any wire and cotton that does come with such a kit will be minimal and not of great quality. You would be better off just hunting for proper wire and cotton seperately in my opinion as the tools are typically a nice to have and not a crucial component to building.

Do you not have any batteries at the moment? So 2x batts for the Cuboid and 1x for the Pico, correct? I suppose just getting 1 battery to start off with would allow you to start using the Pico, and you can probably charge that battery in the cuboid in the meantime.

Marcnagel.

I absolutely agree with Shibby. I wouldn't even waist my money on a DIY kit. Your atomizer/s should come with all the tools you need to open them up. Buy a drill bit the size of the inner diameter you need your coil to be. Cotton/Wick is not expensive and it lasts for ages. The same goes for coil wire. You will need a flat bottomed side cutter and tweezers as Shibby said. A mod isn't a 24000 count Fluke bench tester to show you your coil resistances, but it will do the job. Why do you want to waste money that you don't have on a kit? Personally I think kits are just a money wasting gimmick. (A nice to have as Shibby said again)

I think your first priority should be to find a job. It doesn't matter what job. Just something that will give you a steady income. Once you have that you can consider buying vaping products, but don't come here and expect freebees from people that you might sell for cash.

I am very sorry about my attitude, but I have been taken for a ride far too many times, so I wouldn't even send you a strand of my wick.

I didn't want to post it, but I agree with @Gandalf Vapes !

I'm all keen to help the fellow guy, but to me it seems as if there are just too many people these days that expect a hand out.
I work hard for what I have. If I can't afford it, then I can't get it. I don't expect someone else who can afford it because he works to give it to me for free.

I also did not want to say it in that many words, but Gandalf pretty much covered it. There's a fine line between need and want, and that line separates what qualifies for PIF, and what does not. A DIY coil kit and external charger are typically want's, as are spare batteries. Not having these things won't or shouldn't keep you from building and/or vaping, but vaping at all should not be a priority right now as the next challenge will be replenishing consumables such as wick, wire and juice, all of which cost money. I'm not saying "don't vape" if the alternative is smoking analogs, but ensuring that you have the means of being a self sufficent vaper should be top of the list right now. No one wants that buddy constantly asking for juice and spares, and you run the risk of becoming that buddy unless you find a means to an end.

I wish you the best of luck man. I know it sucks hitting a snag like this but I trust you'll pull through!

Look I am all for PIFs and have helped on many occasions where I could... I don’t like to judge ever but I just think the manner is which this last request has been asked is actually what makes me think ooomf here’s a chancer

I dont mind helping people who contribute to the forum and its members weather it be information, just general helping or PIF, but i draw the line at one post wonders who just want a hand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What everyone else said.

I don't have a job full time and am on a very tight budget. But I make it work and I don't ask for handouts. I build my own coils and make my own ejuice. I keep entering comps because it helps that I don't have to spend money if I win something. If a juice is too pricey, then I try to make something similar within my budget constraints.

I'm all for helping with PIF but asking for all the above is a luxury that a few of us need to save up and pay for it. I make a lot of sacrifices just to stay off smoking and try to stay on top of my health.

There is a fine line between need and want.

I also need n pif please. A case of Castle Lite and two bottles of brandy of its not too much trouble. All my cash is currently stuck in a savings account for a liver transplant

i won a cuboid pro and use a eleaf pico that batterys are for them and no i dont have cotten and wire thats why i am looking for a coil DIY kit because i know you get cotten and wire in it
Just a suggestion: Why not sell the Cuboid Pro and buy the stuff you want with the cash? You don’t need more than a Pico to stay away from smoking. Pico is excellent.

Just a suggestion: Why not sell the Cuboid Pro and buy the stuff you want with the cash? You don’t need more than a Pico to stay away from smoking. Pico is excellent.
That is a frikking excellent suggestion.

@Marconagel , if you manage to sell the Cuboid and get at least 1 battery and some wicking material for the Pico, I'm pretty sure I still have a single bay charger at home as well as some 24g SS wire.

(How much would a Cuboid go for? Enough to buy 2 batt's and a pack of cotton bacon?)

@craigb cotton bacon is pricey. Vapeking still has this autumn special and in all honesty, it's only R10 for a pack of 5 UD cotton. I use it to wick my dual coil rta. It's fantastic - just cheaper.

@craigb cotton bacon is pricey. Vapeking still has this autumn special and in all honesty, it's only R10 for a pack of 5 UD cotton. I use it to wick my dual coil rta. It's fantastic - just cheaper.

That's a very good point. I was using CBv2 merely as a point of reference, but there are some very experienced members who have very favourable things to say about unbleached cotton wool balls from Dischem even...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back