PIF Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
@craigb cotton bacon is pricey. Vapeking still has this autumn special and in all honesty, it's only R10 for a pack of 5 UD cotton. I use it to wick my dual coil rta. It's fantastic - just cheaper.

Organic japanese Ko Gen Do was the business when I started vaping in 2015, and tbh, sometimes I miss how easily those used to wick in my Goblin. CB can be a mess when it keeps pulling apart until you've got f*kkol left in your hands :D :D :D

That's a very good point. I was using CBv2 merely as a point of reference, but there are some very experienced members who have very favourable things to say about unbleached cotton wool balls from Dischem even...

Ugh. Not dealing with a mess trying to roll it then wicking. I have cotton bacon prime but man, when trying to pull it through my coils, sometimes it just breaks off halfway.

Much easier cutting flat compressed cotton and threading it through without it breaking. It's great at absorbing juice so I'm happy with it. My conclusion is that it's just less fuss and mess, using it.

Don't get me wrong. CB Prime is great but just too pricey for me.

I have cotton bacon prime but man, when trying to pull it through my coils, sometimes it just breaks off halfway.
Just remember CBP doesn't want to be too tight through your coils, it expands like crazy when juiced.

In the past I have used cotton from medical supply stores works just fine, no need of flat end pliers a nail cutter does that job perfectly, I used it till I got a set of decent pliers. You dont need even need a drill for your coils, I have used ball point pen refills, nails, pencils (When I was re-doing smok coils) its all about thinking out of the box. As far as chargers are concerned, just because external chargers are fast doesn't mean you need one, the mod does the job.

That's a very good point. I was using CBv2 merely as a point of reference, but there are some very experienced members who have very favourable things to say about unbleached cotton wool balls from Dischem even...
there are tons of discussions about using cotton from various sources on this forum. All the veterans once used dischem cotton. Cotton bacon only came recently and is a luxury not a necessity.

Marcnagel.

I absolutely agree with Shibby. I wouldn't even waist my money on a DIY kit. Your atomizer/s should come with all the tools you need to open them up. Buy a drill bit the size of the inner diameter you need your coil to be. Cotton/Wick is not expensive and it lasts for ages. The same goes for coil wire. You will need a flat bottomed side cutter and tweezers as Shibby said. A mod isn't a 24000 count Fluke bench tester to show you your coil resistances, but it will do the job. Why do you want to waste money that you don't have on a kit? Personally I think kits are just a money wasting gimmick. (A nice to have as Shibby said again)

I think your first priority should be to find a job. It doesn't matter what job. Just something that will give you a steady income. Once you have that you can consider buying vaping products, but don't come here and expect freebees from people that you might sell for cash.

I am very sorry about my attitude, but I have been taken for a ride far too many times, so I wouldn't even send you a strand of my wick.
I have the tool to open it the but i want to build own coil but its fine ill get a way to get the wick and stuff if i can only get a exturnal chager atleast it will help

Marcnagel.

I absolutely agree with Shibby. I wouldn't even waist my money on a DIY kit. Your atomizer/s should come with all the tools you need to open them up. Buy a drill bit the size of the inner diameter you need your coil to be. Cotton/Wick is not expensive and it lasts for ages. The same goes for coil wire. You will need a flat bottomed side cutter and tweezers as Shibby said. A mod isn't a 24000 count Fluke bench tester to show you your coil resistances, but it will do the job. Why do you want to waste money that you don't have on a kit? Personally I think kits are just a money wasting gimmick. (A nice to have as Shibby said again)

(I think your first priority should be to find a job.) I am looking for a job

That is a frikking excellent suggestion.

@Marconagel , if you manage to sell the Cuboid and get at least 1 battery and some wicking material for the Pico, I'm pretty sure I still have a single bay charger at home as well as some 24g SS wire.

(How much would a Cuboid go for? Enough to buy 2 batt's and a pack of cotton bacon?)
The pico and cuboid has sentemental value for me

I can't understand this, how can a new member join and ask for a pif directly, if I am new to a forum it would take days for me to understand whats on the forum. It can't be coincidence that a new member joins in and starts asking for stuff.
Makes me wonder if someone is referring people to our forum for this purpose.

It's your property and fully up to you to decide what to do with it.

Do you have any batteries at the moment?

Edit:
Out of curiosity, how many a day are you smoking?
I have 3 batterys one in the pico and 2 in my cuboid i want the extra so i may have a fully charge for when the ones i have in my vape needs to charge thats way am asking for a exturnal charger also

I can't understand this, how can a new member join and ask for a pif directly, if I am new to a forum it would take days for me to understand whats on the forum. It can't be coincidence that a new member joins in and starts asking for stuff.
Makes me wonder if someone is referring people to our forum for this purpose.
A friend told me what to do and where to ask

I have 3 batterys one in the pico and 2 in my cuboid i want the extra so i may have a fully charge for when the ones i have in my vape needs to charge thats way am asking for a exturnal charger also
Or.... u can use the one device and when that dies then use the other and charge the one that has died... ting ting ting!!!

I dont mind helping people who contribute to the forum and its members weather it be information, just general helping or PIF, but i draw the line at one post wonders who just want a hand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ill start paying it forward as soon as i hear of the jobs i applyd for

I know exactly how it feels to be unemployed and struggling to find a job It almost killed me last year.

That being said, sounds like you need to adjust your vaping to suit your recharge time. Asking for free batteries or charger just because 2 mods can't keep up with you is just damn rude. Your specific circumstances dictate a certain pattern of behavior. Until your job situation changes, vape to what's available

But hey, whatever crumbles your cookie.

I'm out

I know exactly how it feels to be unemployed and struggling to find a job It almost killed me last year.

That being said, sounds like you need to adjust your vaping to suit your recharge time. Asking for free batteries or charger just because 2 mods can't keep up with you is just damn rude. Your specific circumstances dictate a certain pattern of behavior. Until your job situation changes, vape to what's available

But hey, whatever crumbles your cookie.

I'm out

I agree with @craigb 100%. I wasn't gonna comment but asking for stuff to run 2x devices that is not on.

giphy.gif

Coil kit, charger and extra batteries?

Do you have prepaid electricity? Maybe we can eft some cash so you have power to charge them.
How about lunch? You good or can I call Mr Delivery for you.

:risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:
We need to be able to add more than 1 rating like funny, funny, funny, funny, funny when we are rolling on the floor :-D:-D

Last edited:
Or.... u can use the one device and when that dies then use the other and charge the one that has died... ting ting ting!!!

I am currently sitting with only one mod at the moment. I lent the other one out to a buddy while I repair his mod. I don't have an external charger, nor do I have spare batteries so at home, so I vape while the mod is charging. The batteries are ample to last me for the day when I am at work at the wattage I vape. If they do go flat at work, I can charge the mod at work or in the car if I am driving. That is my solution to my single mod/single set of batteries problem.

I am still trying to persuade my fig tree to grow some blue Mandelas as well, but until then, spare batteries and charger will have to wait.

I am currently sitting with only one mod at the moment. I lent the other one out to a buddy while I repair his mod. I don't have an external charger, nor do I have spare batteries so at home, so I vape while the mod is charging. The batteries are ample to last me for the day when I am at work at the wattage I vape. If they do go flat at work, I can charge the mod at work or in the car if I am driving. That is my solution to my single mod/single set of batteries problem.

I am still trying to persuade my fig tree to grow some blue Mandelas as well, but until then, spare batteries and charger will have to wait.
Screw it man. I'm going to dig out the single bay charger. I work in Faerie Glen, if that's convenient. Call it a loan. Pm me @Gandalf Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back