Project Hurricane

So I promised some pictures for everyone. Here you go...

uploadfromtaptalk1408994846484.jpg
Kiaat

uploadfromtaptalk1408994870099.jpg
Rhodesian Teak

uploadfromtaptalk1408994902217.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408994913866.jpg
Snake Beam

uploadfromtaptalk1408994949845.jpg
Pink Cherry

uploadfromtaptalk1408994980944.jpg
American Walnut

uploadfromtaptalk1408995006139.jpg
African Rosewood

uploadfromtaptalk1408995033183.jpg
Zebrano

uploadfromtaptalk1408995075468.jpg
Merbau

Still only teasers! But I'm sure you can start to imagine...

And there will be much more variety than this! It's just what I have on hand at the moment.

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

View attachment 10383
Kiaat

View attachment 10384
Rhodesian Teak

View attachment 10385View attachment 10386
Snake Beam

View attachment 10387
Pink Cherry

View attachment 10388
American Walnut

View attachment 10389
African Rosewood

View attachment 10390
Zebrano

View attachment 10391
Merbau

And there will be much more variety than this! It's just what I have on hand at the moment.

Bwahahahahahaha

View attachment 10383
Kiaat

View attachment 10384
Rhodesian Teak

View attachment 10385View attachment 10386
Snake Beam

View attachment 10387
Pink Cherry

View attachment 10388
American Walnut

View attachment 10389
African Rosewood

View attachment 10390
Zebrano

View attachment 10391
Merbau

still just a tease indeed. still very keen on seeing the finsihed product.
but good one none the less. who wood have thought that you wood be posting pics of blocks of wood

Morning guys

Just a quick update, things are progressing well on getting our 2 demo models ready for Vape Meet. In fact, we might even have more than 2 to show off if time and logistics allow!

As I may have previously mentioned, we are also looking the possibility of having a number of finishes available for your mod, which will further personalise it, making it a completely unique piece!

Each mod will of course be very well presented in it's own collectible case which will come complete with a certificate of authenticity, care instructions, warranty and serial number. Both the box, the certificate and the mod itself will have the serial number etched into them. In our minds the 3 are inseparable and if you should decide to sell the product on to another collector, all 3 items will need to be transferred with ownership as proof of authenticity.

Further to this, we will be keeping a record of all mods sold and have a dedicated database that tells us who owns a mod and what the serial number is. The serial number will be linked to your name. Therefore, should you ever wish to sell the mod (which we sincerely hope is not the case! ;)) both you and the buyer would need to inform us of the change of ownership.

I know that this sounds like a ballache, but it allows us to maintain the quality and authenticity of our product, the relationships with our clients and also allows us to hold ourselves accountable to our customers. This for us will be the cornerstone of our business, and are the principles upon which it is based.

(As a quick question to the moderators and admins, am I allowed to do this and not yet have registered as a retailer? As yet we have no platform for sales, nor are we selling any products. Simply informing the community of what we are up to and gauging feedback. Please could you let me know. Don't want to break any of the rules... :))

still just a tease indeed. still very keen on seeing the finsihed product.
but good one none the less. who wood have thought that you wood be posting pics of blocks of wood
I certainly wood never have thought that we wood be ready with our mod by Saturday, but the universe works in mysterious ways!

I certainly wood never have thought that we wood be ready with our mod by Saturday, but the universe works in mysterious ways!

woodnt it be great if all the wood be buyers not in jhb could have a look at your new wood range as well :D

woodnt it be great if all the wood be buyers not in jhb could have a look at your new wood range as well :D
I wood absolutely love that too, but I woodn't want to give the game away too soon... That wood ruin all the fun I'm having building up the suspense! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wood absolutely love that too, but I woodn't want to give the game away too soon... That wood ruin all the fun I'm having building up the suspense! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

touche;)
on a serious note. definitely looking forward to seeing this mod. was hoping to see a pic so i cud decide whether to hold and wait for ur wood range or go for a reo mini

touche;)
on a serious note. definitely looking forward to seeing this mod. was hoping to see a pic so i cud decide whether to hold and wait for ur wood range or go for a reo mini
Hahahahaha!

Look, the Reo is a bottom feeder, and as you and I both know, that has certain benefits in and of itself.

Our mod will take any 510 threaded tank or dripper, takes a bigger battery than the Reo and is adjustable. Oh and did I mention it's in wood?

It's hard to compare. Each has it's own benefits. I own a Reo and love it. I also used the prototype and love that. It's comparing apples and oranges really...

I can't show you a picture until Thursday or Friday. You know, marketing release schedules and all that... ;) And even then, it will only be a computer rendered model. Not the actual mod. Pics of the actual mod will only be posted after it has been revealed at Vape Meet... :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

If you can wait that long (It will be worth it!) then you'll hopefully see why you should rather go homegrown.

Also, the MK-1 (still a code name btw.) won't be commercially available until the end of September, unless you pre-order. And you won't pre-order until you know what you're buying. I get that...

I understand your wanting to know what you're getting into, as well as what the product is all about. I'm just asking everyone to humour me. I am having a huge amount of fun with all of this, and don't mean to frustrate anyone so apologies in advance...

What I can say with confidence is that this one is going to be worth the wait. The amount of time, effort and money that has gone into this project has produced something that we feel is up there with the best. And we plan on competing with the best! We want this to be a world class product that has Proudly South African stamped all over it! But our first priority is to you. The guys and gals on this forum who have really made this possible by igniting our passion for quality, innovation and giving the best we possibly can!

So please bear with us. I will ask @Harryssss how he feels about releasing the render a little earlier.

Hahahahaha!

Look, the Reo is a bottom feeder, and as you and I both know, that has certain benefits in and of itself.

Our mod will take any 510 threaded tank or dripper, takes a bigger battery than the Reo and is adjustable. Oh and did I mention it's in wood?

It's hard to compare. Each has it's own benefits. I own a Reo and love it. I also used the prototype and love that. It's comparing apples and oranges really...

I can't show you a picture until Thursday or Friday. You know, marketing release schedules and all that... ;) And even then, it will only be a computer rendered model. Not the actual mod. Pics of the actual mod will only be posted after it has been revealed at Vape Meet... :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

If you can wait that long (It will be worth it!) then you'll hopefully see why you should rather go homegrown.

yeah i have a reo mini and its freaking awesome. also had the dna30 and i loved that too. both has their advantages.
vapour mountain closing for pre-orders on the reosmods is tomor mid-day so will have to give it some real thought over this eve. as you said, its hard to justify the wait for something you havent seen yet.

that being said. i do understand the need to wait to launch it at the vape meet. the build up and hype is a big part of marketing and i do support that. more so i wish you the best with your mod and future ventures in the retailer scene. so i will wait till after your launch to see the pics and the details for the mod. im sure all the guys on the forum will support me in this as we all want to see the pics but we do support you and what you need to do to become a huge success.

So i can already make a pre order? :clap:
Only need a price for that i kinda trust the out come will be great ;)

So i can already make a pre order? :clap:
Only need a price for that i kinda trust the out come will be great ;)
Yes you can sir.

I am still finalising the price. It will vary depending on the wood and finishing chosen, but I will have a general idea for you tomorrow evening once all the costs of production are in!

There are only 7 up for grabs on pre-order too. the sale of those will fund the following batch and allow us to really get the ball rolling!

Back