Provari P3 with kit

Julz79

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Reluctantly selling my Provari P3 with Aspire Nautilus P3 Thread and related accessories (see attached spread sheet for full list of items and age/condition). Reason for selling: As a smoker, I've tried the vape thing a couple times now, but it's just not working for me. This device is awesome, but it's an over-kill for an occasional vaper. It's been used on an off for just over a month. The original purchase price for all items listed was +- R5200.00. Selling price for all goods is R3200.00 (not neg), considering it's still relatively new. Location: Cape Town (live in fish hoek, work in S/Subs). Shipping at buyers cost.

price.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

ag no man , don't give up ... you have one of the top notch VW mods there , may I ask what the main reason is for throwing in the vape gear so to speak ?
I'm sure some kind souls will provide advise if required ....

my 2c , maybe try upping your nic level , or try a different tank system , even a dripper might work ..

I agree with @Daniel once u out u out properly, feels great but thanks some work to break the habit but its worth it dude

If u dont land up trying to get off cigarettes again then GLWS but my 2c is perseverance

The more I vape, the more I crave cigarettes. But ja, I do need to try harder and take a puff of harden the &*^ up. :)

Uve invested in amazing gear, the more you fight that craving the easier it will get. Uve done the most difficult thing in taking the step to TRY its never going to be easy. I assure you that. Whatever u struggling with throw it out there. I promise somebody who had it harder will tell you how they overcame it.

And btw, doubt any1 here would take ur gear away from you knowing it could potentially get u off cigs :) u stuck with it bro, might as well make use of it

It's a bit of a mind set thing... and MOST important is your choice of juice! You have to get the right strength nicotine to start with like 18mg or 12mg and then the quality of the juice and type of juice. You have the right hardware and now you owe it to yourself and your family to try find a juice that suits you!

What juice do you think you like? Menthol, Tobacco, Fruit, Dessert or what? There are a ton of experts right here in the forums who will help and guide you. I never ever thought I would be able to give up stinkies after 35 years of smoking... I did it with relative ease. If I can do it then anyone on the planet can! I am smoke free for just over a year now and feel fantastic!

Reluctantly selling my Provari P3 with Aspire Nautilus P3 Thread and related accessories (see attached spread sheet for full list of items and age/condition). Reason for selling: As a smoker, I've tried the vape thing a couple times now, but it's just not working for me. This device is awesome, but it's an over-kill for an occasional vaper. It's been used on an off for just over a month. The original purchase price for all items listed was +- R5200.00. Selling price for all goods is R3200.00 (not neg), considering it's still relatively new. Location: Cape Town (live in fish hoek, work in S/Subs). Shipping at buyers cost.

View attachment 23344

View attachment 23345

View attachment 23346
Please don't give up mate. I also found it very difficult (20 per day for a long long time). I vaped on and off for a couple of years, whilst still smoking.
In this time, I watched my beautiful grandparents suffer from late stages of emphysema. Both had quit smoking many years ago, but it was too late. It's torture watching your loved ones suffer , and not being able to do anything to take the pain away.
In September my grand father passed away. At that point, I cut down to 1 cigarette per day. The morning one with my coffee because this was the most important one for me. I bought some decent gear (actually, a Provari 3 and Nautilus like you) and found some juice that I enjoyed. Like @Rob Fisher says, it's a mind set and largely juice-dependant. Even more so than gear (now, I have way too much gear but still use the P3 alot).
In November my grandmother passed away, just 8 weeks later. That day was my last cigarette and I will never light another one again. Honestly, once I turned that switch in my mind, it wasn't difficult at all - thanks to Vaping, and also to this amazing community. Now, vaping is a hobby and one that I take pleasure in. And I have some new friends too ;)

My advice is to get involved in the forum, talk to others who are in the same boat, or who have been there. People here are amazingly helpful and giving. e.g I'm sure a lot of people would love your gear, but I'm even more sure that most will not make an offer, but rather try to convince you to keep it and give it another shot. I hope this doesn't sound like preaching - not intended to. But seriously, it could be the best decision you ever make. For yourself and your family and friends.

Good luck mate (but not with the sale!) ;)

I vote that the mods remove this ad ;) ok kidding its up to you at the end of the day. Just remember that this forum is a great place for a shoulder to lean on. Make use of it

Last edited:
Can some of the fellow vapors in Cape Town meet up with Julz79. Take some juice and gear and help the dude out.

Julz79 are you up for this?

The more I vape, the more I crave cigarettes. But ja, I do need to try harder and take a puff of harden the &*^ up. :)
Don't give up man. I know its tough. Smoked for 21 years and i struggled to go cold turkey a year back.

My biggest problem was also the juices. My head told me that this just wasn't right. I needed the taste of the stinkies. Slowly but surely you get over that. At one point abt 4 months in i was permanently craving cigarettes.

It's only been abt the last 3 months that i am vaping without a care in the world and no cigarette cravings. Also dropped my nic content all the way down to 3mg.

Just try to persevere it really is worth it. Plus you have such kewl gear if would be a shame to sell it

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

Can some of the fellow vapors in Cape Town meet up with julz79. Take some juice and gear and help him the faller out.

Julz79 are you up for this?

I think I might be lucky, but after 20yrs smoking, more than 40/day, I started vaping, not one cigarette, don't crave em yet...touch wood...only been 11days, but sofar so good, I did nice flavours and just said to myself does a cig really taste better? This is chess mates, every move your mind makes should have a counter move, checkin smoking affects help aswell...but yea, like I said, i'm lucky, my mates are struggling aswell. Never, ever do the vape/smoke thing....vape to get rid of the cig flavor crave.

Thanks for all the encouragement. Its exactly what I needed. Going to try harder with the vape.

When I started my Journey, 1.5 years ago, I was a 30 a day for last 20 years... I am a techno junkie, saw the twisp stand and loved the concept... Bought me the kit... And since I started that first Vape to my lips, I have not touched a stinky, nore have I craved or wanted to. I started out at the highest Nic possible then on Twisp Rebel. Loved it....
I then grew up and got even better gear and juices... I am a bit of a juice snob, so only vape the premium stuff and my own premium mixes :)

Dont give up dude, I know I had a effortless transistion and have not looked back, I am now on 6mg Nic down scaling this to 3 this month then Zero... But will continue vaping as the taste, clouds and all I still enjoy.

MEet up with some Vapers near you... you will be a changed person promise! And you have Some Good Kit....

Thanks for all the encouragement. Its exactly what I needed. Going to try harder with the vape.

Excellent :clap::clap::clap:

The key is to realize that...yes, quitting smoking is damn hard - if it weren't most people would not smoke. However, for the first time in history there is a way that is proven (by the many many vapers on here and those I have personally met) that vaping DOES make it very very possible!!!

Do not get disillusioned by bad experiences with vaping, this is generally down to something that is wrong (either in gear, juice, or mindset).

First thing would be to decide that you will give up smoking - it's the most important step and will help you through the rare but very real "difficult times" when the smoke craving hits hard. This is where vaping really shines as a method for giving up the cigs - just vape like a madman and the cravings will go away. It's not easy at first, but very soon (and it's surprising just how quick this happens) they will fade into background noise, and in many cases disappear completely. Just get over that initial rough patch, and vaping will become something you love, instead of just a smoking replacement - this is all but guaranteed :)

Next, communicate with other vapers - ask questions, beg for help, but interact. You will be surprised at just how effective it is to hear from various people who have experienced the exact same thing. It is, quite frequently, exactly the push you need to get over a rough patch. If at all possible, meet up with other vapers in person - in addition to making awesome new friends (because all vapers are awesome) you will get to see for yourself the passion they have due to the gift that vaping has given them - freedom from cigarettes, and a new lease on life.

Finally, juice juice juice. Finding something that satisfies both your taste buds (flavour) and cravings (nicotine level) is of the utmost importance. This one is a bit more challenging as each person has vastly different tastes and needs. That said, as long as you stick to quality juice (whether local or imported) you will find it much easier than going with the cheap crappy alternatives. Since you are in Cape Town I'll recommend trying out the Vapour Mountain juices - they are cheap and exceptionally good. Just pick a few flavours that appeal to you and go from there.

Another very important thing to realize. Each person is different and so is their vaping journey. Giving up smoking happens either immediately or very gradually over time - the only constant is that it does happen if you persist. Don't feel bad for struggling, stumbling, or even taking a break from vaping (in the extreme case) - just keep coming back, and keep at it...smoke free living is attainable and quite frankly...it's bloody amazing :rock:

I personally smoked, quite heavily, for 21 years and had absolutely no faith that I would ever be able to give it up - tried and failed so many times. Vaping helped me to quit so completely that I no longer even think of myself as an ex-smoker - the idea of smoking is so foreign to me now it's bizarre :D

Just keep at it...and don't ever think you've failed - you will only fail if you give up.
Best of luck, and keep coming back here...or meet up with some vapers in the real world - you won't be sorry :D

No man. Don't go back to the dark side @Julz79. You can do it and you have the entire forum backing you! Get together with some of the CT vapers to test other juices and devices. It's worth the effort dude. We all with you, u can do it!

One more thing to consider is that you have a good deal you just offered with your provari, but as I said earlier, nobody is going to take it off your hands ;) might as well engrave your name on it and name her quiteesha.

One more thing to consider is that you have a good deal you just offered with your provari, but as I said earlier, nobody is going to take it off your hands ;) might as well engrave your name on it and name her quiteesha.

Good on you @Julz79 :clap::clap:

I started on 36mg, when i moved down to 24mg i had a tank of 36mg just for encase that woes craving hits, i did the same moving to 18mg. After about two weeks you dont get the woes craving anymore ;)

I suspect it's the nicotine content. I also think 18mg is a good start. I had to use 18mg and eventually tried 12mg but it ddi nothing for me so I dumped it. Then the flavour, all the "cool" flavours like fruit and deserts were useless coming from cigs as I was used to the taste from 17 years on 4 cartons a month. Vapour Mountain VM4 was my happy plave in 18mg for a long time. I recommend the same.

Then the start is the hardest part. I almost always found myself taking a couple toots and then reaching for a "real cigarette". The trick was to consciously tell myself to stick with it a while longer and I forgot about wanting a cigarette after about 5 minutes.

Note that I wasn't even trying to give up. I tried everything in the past and it didn't work so I gave up on giving up. I just thought that 4 cartons a month was too much so I wanted to cut down a bit. I bought the cheap Chinese CE4's to not "over-invest in another novelty gimmick" & alternated between cigarette and e-cigs the first month and ramped up from e-cig after every 4 real to 1 on, 1 off. I was getting by. So the 2nd minth I got the Twsip due to their great marketing and bought 1 carton instead of my usual 4 to see how many I'd get through. That was all I used for the month and when it finished I decided to see how long I could go without cigarettes. I never had another 1 and 10 months have passed.

Again, the beginning with no cigarettes where tough. still occasionally felt like I need it but due to not having it and having the e-cig, I just vaped, got passed the 5min treshold and forgot about it.

Hopefully you apply some of my experience to get you off stinkies.

Back