Serpent RTA

Petrus

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Hi Vapors.
After a long decision I decided on the Serpent Two Post RTA tank. I did a simple 8 wrap SS 316, 26 ga build. 0.51 ohm. I wick with Rayon, thanks for the advice @Rob Fisher. The vape is full of flavour, no leaking. I am to say the least, very impressed. I think my Cuboid and Serpent setup look....sexy.DSC_0065.JPG DSC_0064.JPG

That is a brilliant combination. The Serpent is a great tank, easy to build and I think, highly under rated. The Cuboid, what's to about the best!

I also picked a serpent up from a fellow forum member. So far so good, took me a few attempts at wicking but a S shaped wick with a portion shoved down the juice channel and the rest on the deck seems to work decently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, the idea for the wick comes from a video by forumite Ollie.

Chain vape at 50j 245 degrees no dry hits. 3.5mm dia twisted ni200 28g.

Attachments

• 20160206_213552.jpg
    20160206_213552.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160206_213548.jpg
    20160206_213548.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20160206_213543.jpg
    20160206_213543.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 45
So far so good with this tank, been camping this weekend and banged out 3 tanks on this so far, leaks a tiny bit on refill I dab it and then screw onto mod and then its fine, wicks beautifully but I only vape it up to 35 watts or so on a 0.7 ohm build

Did a 26ga parracoil SS on this tank, a real ***** to build, but an outstanding vape.DSC_0069.JPG

How often do you rewick your serpent?

How often do you rewick your serpent?

I have a significant flavour drop off round about tank 3 to 4. So I guess I will do it every other day depending on the number of tanks in rotation.

Finally got round to setting up my Serpent after many weeks

Did a 6 double wrap paracoil with 26g SS. A first for me. 2.5mm ID. Came out at 0.19 ohms. My gosh. That's the lowest ohm coil I have made.

Thanks to @Oliver Barry. I followed his coil and wick video. Without that I probably would have failed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460314216.423317.jpg

All wicked and ready to go.

Just couldn't figure out which way to turn the top to close off the juice flow. The manual says to 'up the juice hole' or to 'down' it. Anyway it worked and I am Vaping it on the cuboid. If anyone knows which way to open and close juice flow please let me know. Lol.

Am using Paulie's Guava. Too warm at 40-50 watts. So am going lower at 20-30 or so. It's very nice but I am not used to it. All new to me. But lots of Vapour.

It buffets quite a lot in there. Lol. Maybe my coil was a bit too low? I tried to pull it up a bit once tied down but it wouldn't budge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460314396.320897.jpg

Tagging @Maxxis because I bought it from Lung Candy. So far so good.

Hi @Silver, the top segment of the tank is the juice control, by holding the tank with one thumb, rotate the top segment clock wise to close the juice control and anti-clock wise to open.

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Hi @Silver, the top segment of the tank is the juice control, by holding the tank with one thumb, rotate the top segment clock wise to close the juice control and anti-clock wise to open.

Thanks very much @acorn
How many turns or how much turning from closed to open?
Maybe I am just a bit unco-ordinated tonight, but its quite stiff and i cant really see whats going on in there...
I just turned it a bit anti clockwise now and saw a bubble coming up, so something must be working
Hehe

Thanks very much @acorn
How many turns or how much turning from closed to open?
Maybe I am just a bit unco-ordinated tonight, but its quite stiff and i cant really see whats going on in there...
I just turned it a bit anti clockwise now and saw a bubble coming up, so something must be working
Hehe
While turning, you will notice the that the chimny bottom moves up an down, about 3 full turns move it max open or max closed

While turning, you will notice the that the chimny bottom moves up an down, about 3 full turns move it max open or max closed

Ah thank you!
I see it now!
Thats great, thanks a mil @acorn!

What build do you use in this for what juice?

Ah thank you!
I see it now!
Thats great, thanks a mil @acorn!

What build do you use in this for what juice?
Not as ambitious as yours @Silver, have a modest 0.8 ohm 26 AWG Kanthal built in there with 2,5mm ID. Great single coil option for flavour

Running 24 watts with VM XXX
*Edit 12mg

Not as ambitious as yours @Silver, have a modest 0.8 ohm 26 AWG Kanthal built in there with 2,5mm ID. Great single coil option for flavour

Lol, no real ambition on my part

Just that I wanted to do a parallel because I do them often in my RM2s
And I dont have that Ni80 wire that Ollie and them use so I thought let me try SS
It was too low in my opinion. Would not vape that on one of my mechs.
Feels pretty dumb vaping it at 25 Watts.
Anyhow - should have rather gone for something more basic

One thing i have found is that I like crisp vapes and I notice they tend to come from thinner wire. Maybe I will try 28g next.

Back