Serpent RTA

As far as I an concerned the Serpent is the best single coil tank out there. It even does a fair battle with some dual coil tanks. That's why I have 3 of them! I also have a Griffin and assorted other tanks but my favourite of all of them is the Serpent.

I like lots of airflow and the TVF4 mini is slightly restricted compared to the Serpent. Its not bad, but for me the Serpent is better. All depends on personal choice and vaping style.

The Serpent didn't blow me away, I found the TFV4 Mini better in terms of quality and ease of use, the RCA deck is awesome.

Edit: The OBS Ace has a single RBA deck, this also looks like a serious contender.

Isnt the tfv4 more of a mtl tank?

I am not about that lifestyle.

Isnt the tfv4 more of a mtl tank?

I am not about that lifestyle.

The TFv4 is the last tank anyone would ever nominate for the MTL award. I have one, it's very airy and even with the the air shut off completely you still can't pull off a MTL hit on it.
Now if you want to throw some O's or chuck some clouds then the TFv4 is hard to beat in the tank department. It's not the best flavour tank but the flavour is good too.

The TFv4 is the last tank anyone would ever nominate for the MTL award. I have one, it's very airy and even with the the air shut off completely you still can't pull off a MTL hit on it.
Now if you want to throw some O's or chuck some clouds then the TFv4 is hard to beat in the tank department. It's not the best flavour tank but the flavour is good too.

Anything i can fit a 26 clapton in will be awesome. Can the tfv4 handle bigger builds?

Anything i can fit a 26 clapton in will be awesome. Can the tfv4 handle bigger builds?

I have run dual 3.5mm Clapton on the RB2 deck, it was a very tight fit and I get nice dense clouds! Normally I stick with 3mm ID when doing Claptons as the 3.5mm ends up making the air draw tighter, and I like it loose and airy.

I have run dual 3.5mm Clapton on the RB2 deck, it was a very tight fit and I get nice dense clouds! Normally I stick with 3mm ID when doing Claptons as the 3.5mm ends up making the air draw tighter, and I like it loose and airy.

Yeah i rarely go higher than 3mm. Mostly i just stick to 2.5. Cool thanks man. Will check out the tfv4.

Yeah i rarely go higher than 3mm. Mostly i just stick to 2.5. Cool thanks man. Will check out the tfv4.

I would rather say check out the Smok RDTA, vapeclub.co.za has it for R470, it's better than the TFv4. It has the same airflow but this time the airs directed over the coils which should mean more flavour. The build deck is also bigger so 3.5mm ID should be fine in there.
Just from my personal experience on the TFv4, 2.5mm is the smallest diameter you should use, in fact I never use smaller than 3mm as I've had found 2.5mm doesn't hold up to my chain vaping.

I would rather say check out the Smok RDTA, vapeclub.co.za has it for R470, it's better than the TFv4. It has the same airflow but this time the airs directed over the coils which should mean more flavour. The build deck is also bigger so 3.5mm ID should be fine in there.
Just from my personal experience on the TFv4, 2.5mm is the smallest diameter you should use, in fact I never use smaller than 3mm as I've had found 2.5mm doesn't hold up to my chain vaping.

Sweet. Yeah i also checked out the obs ace, but something looks weird about it. Loved my crius tho. So maybe i should go watch some more reviews on that.

Sweet. Yeah i also checked out the obs ace, but something looks weird about it. Loved my crius tho. So maybe i should go watch some more reviews on that.

I have only read good things about the Crius v3. You just gave me something to do at work, watch some videos and compare the TF-RDTA against the crius v3 :D

I have only read good things about the Crius v3. You just gave me something to do at work, watch some videos and compare the TF-RDTA against the crius v3 :D

Yeah im happy with my griffin as the dual coil tank. The crius v3 is not single coil is it?

Yeah im happy with my griffin as the dual coil tank. The crius v3 is not single coil is it?

No it's a dual coil tank, Velo style deck IIRC.

I finally got round to trying this tank, and I have to say, I think it is highly under-rated! The version I got has some threading issues, but a simple 0.7ohm NI80 coil fave me some amazing flavour.

It's simple and easy to set up, I'm just wondering if anyone else gave this tank some loving as I heard very little about it!

I finally got round to trying this tank, and I have to say, I think it is highly under-rated! The version I got has some threading issues, but a simple 0.7ohm NI80 coil fave me some amazing flavour.

It's simple and easy to set up, I'm just wondering if anyone else gave this tank some loving as I heard very little about it!

I too have this tank @Stosta
Tried one or two setups including a SS build which I used to dabble with TC
Not sure why I didnt continue with the tank
I think I got distracted by other newer gear...

I too have this tank @Stosta
Tried one or two setups including a SS build which I used to dabble with TC
Not sure why I didnt continue with the tank
I think I got distracted by other newer gear...
I remember when it came out there was an absolute explosion of new and exciting things to play with. The Crius, then the Griffins, ceramics were then on the cards... So you're definitely right about being distracted by new gear. Usually though at least one person goes absolutely crazy over a tank, but it seems like this one missed out a bit!

@MoneymanVape , you still use yours?

I remember when it came out there was an absolute explosion of new and exciting things to play with. The Crius, then the Griffins, ceramics were then on the cards... So you're definitely right about being distracted by new gear. Usually though at least one person goes absolutely crazy over a tank, but it seems like this one missed out a bit!

@MoneymanVape , you still use yours?
I've also wondered about this tank. Interesting to hear your views.

I've also wondered about this tank. Interesting to hear your views.
I don't know if it's just that mine is second-hand, or if it is the nature of the tank, but I'm pretty sure the threading is shot.

I was reading up on it, and there is some fancy juice control system, close this, twist that... But I threw a build in, loaded it 4mls of XXX and gave it horns, and it has worked perfectly, no leaking or further attention required. I had to close the airflow almost completely to get to my right spot airflow-wise, but it turned out really well.

I see Lung Candy has them on special for R200 (although they say that on the specials page, but are still checking out @R520 @Maxxis ), and at that price I'm tempted to get another one.

Hi Stosta, Yes its a flavour tank for sure. That tank was only used maybe 20 tank fulls but it was bought from FT. It was the authentic version though from them

Back