Serpent SMM Thread

So has anyone found any cons on this atty yet? Specifically taling about leaking here. I'm interested, but don't want to sit with another Kylin situation.

It doesn't leak birthday boy! Flavour is great... bit worried because @Riaz said he was getting an airlock... I haven't used mine as much as he has and so far so good but it is something to think about. I've just set up my Ammit 25 (because I really like the idea of the extended tank) and I have a feeling this is going to be a Chicken Dinner of the reasonably priced tanks!

It doesn't leak birthday boy! Flavour is great... bit worried because @Riaz said he was getting an airlock... I haven't used mine as much as he has and so far so good but it is something to think about. I've just set up my Ammit 25 (because I really like the idea of the extended tank) and I have a feeling this is going to be a Chicken Dinner of the reasonably priced tanks!
Please let us know how the Ammit fairs against the SMM @Rob Fisher. I am on the fence regarding these 2. It's been a long while since I bought a tank and want to get one for the next couple of months.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

dammit... The SMM is just starting to come alive...

The SMM is still a great tank... but for me the extended tank on the Ammit and ease of build and wicking makes it a winner.

Hi ... what wicking material are you using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm using the same cotton I've been using for years and in all my other tanks

Cotton squares from diskem

I've never had any issues before

The SMM is still a great tank... but for me the extended tank on the Ammit and ease of build and wicking makes it a winner.

I like the SMM, but I doubt I'll be keeping it... Will probably try the Ammit as well and not keep that either... My go to is the BB and the Skyline. The Reo has a purpose as well. The rest is all for the sake of just knowing and experimenting.

I like the SMM, but I doubt I'll be keeping it... Will probably try the Ammit as well and not keep that either... My go to is the BB and the Skyline. The Reo has a purpose as well. The rest is all for the sake of just knowing and experimenting.
Let me know if you parting with the SMM

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Having no issues with mine. Wicked second time, put well over 30ml through it. No leaks, dry hits or airlocks. The only issue is that it's thirsty with the coils it came with. I will try a simple round wire coil somtime and see if flavour is compromised, but for now really enjoying the flavour.

What wattage and ohms are you guys running?

I find that if I vape at 45w on the 0.3ohm coil and take slower lung hits, it takes longer to get dry hits. If that makes sense.

This is crap coz that's not my vaping style.

I rewicked again this afternoon doing the 45degree cut of the wick.

So far, vaping on how I described above, no dry hits yet.

What wattage and ohms are you guys running?

I find that if I vape at 45w on the 0.3ohm coil and take slower lung hits, it takes longer to get dry hits. If that makes sense.

This is crap coz that's not my vaping style.

I rewicked again this afternoon doing the 45degree cut of the wick.

So far, vaping on how I described above, no dry hits yet.
Hi @Riaz I'm vaping at 40 to 45 watts, depending on the juice. Both times I also wicked using the 45 degree method. I then watched Todds review and he confirmed that it's the best wicking method. My coil is very low down and I have my wick end quite far down to suck up the juice in the juice well.

Hi @Riaz I'm vaping at 40 to 45 watts, depending on the juice. Both times I also wicked using the 45 degree method. I then watched Todds review and he confirmed that it's the best wicking method. My coil is very low down and I have my wick end quite far down to suck up the juice in the juice well.
Maybe I should move my coil lower.

Mine is quite a bit high - in line with the top of the post

This thing started dry hits now again

Maybe I should move my coil lower.

Mine is quite a bit high - in line with the top of the post

This thing started dry hits now again

I'm also at 40-45W but my coil is smack between the posts like 2mm off the bottom with the top airflow slit hitting the top of the coil and the bottom airflow on the bottom of the coil. My wicks just peek out beneath the deck and they're really fluffy, very loose in the wicking hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've decided to retire my SMM for a while

I'm just not getting it right with this tank.

When I'm ready to fiddle again I'll take it out

Decided to sell my SMM

Will post ad in the classies when I get home (don't have any pics of it right now)

Decided to sell my SMM

Will post ad in the classies when I get home (don't have any pics of it right now)

pm me. i know someone who is interested.

i like both tanks, only issue that i have is the bladdy noisy airflow, its actually becoming unbareable

Needing some help. I have been using the SMM since it arrived yesterday. Running it at between 37.5 and 42.5watts (0.34ohm square fused Clapton), the problem is the flavour is very muted. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I get better flavour from my big baby beast?
I primed the wicks and then filled the tank and let it stand for a while at first too?
Please help..

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I have the same issue with flavour and airlock. Not enjoying it atm

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I found that if you use too much wick in this tank the flavor is muted.

Try less wick

Okay so im a little late to the party.

But...

Recieved mine yesterday and i love it!!!

It was essentially a replacement for the serpent mini in my arsenal.

I think it beats the SM25 hands down.

Build quality is excellent.

Flavour is better than the 25 and the airflow is so smoooooth

And its cute AF :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back