Serpent SMM Thread

Okay so im a little late to the party.

But...

Recieved mine yesterday and i love it!!!

It was essentially a replacement for the serpent mini in my arsenal.

I think it beats the SM25 hands down.

Build quality is excellent.

Flavour is better than the 25 and the airflow is so smoooooth

And its cute AF :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You forgot to mention it's juice drinking abilities.

I love mine as well. Also bought it as a replacement to my SM25 but Damn this thing is thirsty

I love mine as well. Also bought it as a replacement to my SM25 but Damn this thing is thirsty

lol! I was so happy with it that i didnt notice :p

Now that i think about it, i cleared my first two tanks in two hours last night :lol:

Shes a thirsty bugger!

I also got one yesterday, I'm sold on the flavour! It's brilliant BUT I swear this thing drinks juice even when I'm not vaping it, it's a monster!

Needed to sell some hardware to buy more juice!

Same here, love it to bits but I've never seen 4ml disappear so quickly. having said that, the gold one looks too sexy and chances are I may have to need it...

Same here, love it to bits but I've never seen 4ml disappear so quickly. having said that, the gold one looks too sexy and chances are I may have to need it...

What build have you got in there?

I've got a fused Clapton at 0.42 at a massive 27w. Not too thirsty and flavour is spot on.

Hi, I'm using the coils it came with. I must try your setup as I find 40 to 45w ideal for my build.

It's the fused claptons from v Corp. I use them in everything. Dual is perfect at 0.2 at 55w or so in rda's then the single in the smm is absolutely ideal. But I like a cool vape so that's just how I like it I suppose

Dry hits with 75/25 juice. I've wicked it 3 times, nothing helps. I have to unscrew the top cap after 2 puffs to release this huge ass bubble. Do you think 75/25 (frosteez) is too thick for this tank or am I catching on shiz with the wicking?

Dry hits with 75/25 juice. I've wicked it 3 times, nothing helps. I have to unscrew the top cap after 2 puffs to release this huge ass bubble. Do you think 75/25 (frosteez) is too thick for this tank or am I catching on shiz with the wicking?

It's definetly your wicking and not the juice, I run Cosmic Drops which is 80/20 and no dry hits.
I just wicked and filled my SMM now if I could have posted pics of my wicking. Gimme a few minutes I'll vape some of this tank and remove the deck and post a pic.
I use 3mm Fused Clapton or Flapton wire, thin the wicks and tuck into juice holes. the cotton must drop in there freely, I know it will look like it will leak but once the cotton is juiced it swells nicely and no leaks.

Last edited:
I will try looser wicking once this tank is empty, but honestly it was very loose. I'll give it another try later, thank you for your reply and assistance.

I have also vaped 80/20 juices in the tank without issues.

I do thin my wick out a fair bit, cut the wicks short and use a thin screwdriver to make sure there's space in the wicking hole.

Will post a wick pick :) in the next day or so when i rewick.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's the thing though, I use to have a Troll RTA and was advised to wick that there's place for the thin screw driver. I swear I can fit 3 in at the moment. I shortened the tail shorter now as per @Amir in this discussion. I'll see how it goes.

Appreciate the guidance.

My first build on the SMM and I must say I'm super pleased with it!
uXtLpTJ.jpg

Problem solved, okay the problem was me. But it wasn't the wicking.

Me and my gorilla hands... seems I kept over tightening the bottom half of the glass to the base. This creates too little space at the bottom to release bubbles from the ‘reservoir‘ when the cotton wicks up. I gently tightened it and now vapes 100%. Also might explain why other guys would Vape fine for a few tanks and then suffer from dry hits.

So my 2nd and 3rd builds were absolute garbage on this :(
Completely my fault though.
For my 2nd build I took a dodgy coil.
For my 3rd build I just plainly wrecked the wicking.

The 4th build however ... what an experience!!! :h:
Running 5 wraps spaced 24ga Ni80 @ ~0.38Ω (32W)

I just topped up an almost empty Easy Blueberry Custard tank with Pistachio Cookie and OH MY WORD, I'm having an "Experience" here! :D
I don't want to say X is better than Y but this tank certainly punches above its price. I'm impressed :)
(paging @RenaldoRheeder)

I just topped up an almost empty Easy Blueberry Custard tank with Pistachio Cookie and OH MY WORD, I'm having an "Experience" here! :D
I don't want to say X is better than Y but this tank certainly punches above its price. I'm impressed :)
(paging @RenaldoRheeder)

Yeah @TheV - now I have more confidence in my own rating of the SMM. So this is the challenge for all the other attys that I am picking up in a few days time

Yeah @TheV - now I have more confidence in my own rating of the SMM. So this is the challenge for all the other attys that I am picking up in a few days time
It certainly has the potential to provide a great experience and it has exceeded my expectations :)
I look forward to hearing how it compares to the rest of your toys when you finally get time to sit down start giving things a go!

(paging @RenaldoRheeder)

I have some 24GA SS laying around. Going to try a simple build and see how it goes.

I have some 24GA SS laying around. Going to try a simple build and see how it goes.
I'm curios to hear what your findings are. Obviously mileage may vary. I've just come to prefer standard round wire builds over more complicated wire builds.

My 2c on my SMM experience:
Setup one:
0.3ohm framed stapled aliens from @Smilelykummeenit running at 32W with scary thin wicks (tails thinned out to almost nothing). Coils placed low almost touching the deck
= flavour heaven. Really deep, rich flavour that even made the guy at my local vape shop go "wow!".

BUT: Problem is it only works with bakery and dessert juices. Fruit and menthol juices just fall flat and don't have that "crisp" factor.

Setup 2: 26g Kidney puncher Ni80 7 wrap on 2.5 id. These work a treat in my RDA's, do almost nothing on the SMM. Tried a parallel build, still not happy. Tried Kanthal, even worse.
Ripped it all out and have resigned myself to just run bakery and desserts where setup one is just phenomenal at.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Setup one:
0.3ohm framed stapled aliens from @Smilelykummeenit running at 32W with scary thin wicks (tails thinned out to almost nothing). Coils placed low almost touching the deck
= flavour heaven. Really deep, rich flavour that even made the guy at my local vape shop go "wow!".

BUT: Problem is it only works with bakery and dessert juices. Fruit and menthol juices just fall flat and don't have that "crisp" factor.

Setup 2: 26g Kidney puncher Ni80 7 wrap on 2.5 id. These work a treat in my RDA's, do almost nothing on the SMM. Tried a parallel build, still not happy. Tried Kanthal, even worse.
Ripped it all out and have resigned myself to just run bakery and desserts where setup one is just phenomenal at.

This brings me back to an old train of thought... One set up for bakery, one for fruity menthol, and one for other stuff like candies etc.

Setup one:

Interesting how it differs for different people. I did both round Ni80 and some fused claptons around 0.24 with XXX and it is great. Coils low, but not almost touching the deck

Sent by iDad from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back