Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
I have just made a batch of Tropical Ice (VM Menthol Ice and VM Coconut Concentrate) and my question is when one uses an ultrasonic cleaner to speed up the steeping and or mixing does one put water in the unit and the bottles into the water? Or do you just but the bottles in by themselves with the caps on or off?

I guess for this mixture it's more about mixing than steeping.

Tropical Ice 002.JPG Tropical Ice 003.JPG

S
I have just made a batch of Tropical Ice (VM Menthol Ice and VM Coconut Concentrate) and my question is when one uses an ultrasonic cleaner to speed up the steeping and or mixing does one put water in the unit and the bottles into the water? Or do you just but the bottles in by themselves with the caps on or off?

I guess for this mixture it's more about mixing than steeping.

View attachment 11322 View attachment 11323
Fill u.s with plain clean water, pour your mix in glass container (plastic doesn't transfer u.s waves as well as glass), cap the bottle/s, shake well and drop in the water.

S

Fill u.s with plain clean water, pour your mix in glass container (plastic absorbs too much of the u.s waves), cap the botlle/s, shake well and drop in the water.

Thanks @johan! Especially the plastic bottle warning!

@Rob Fisher what does your u.s. look like? I've found that in mine if I run a 30 minute cycle the water will also heat to about 45°c which is imho the sweet spot for heat steeping. Then I let it cool down to room temp and do it again.

4 cycles and it's worth 4-5 weeks of steeping!

Sent from the Dark Side of The Force

Here is a pic of mine.. I haven't steeped any juice yet but I clean almost everything in it! :rock:

US 009.JPG

Where did you buy it uncle Rob?

Yeah, rock solid. Mine only takes 600 ml of water but it more than gets the job done.

@zadiac I got mine off bid or buy for R700 from a place called heavenly tattoos. It's got adjustable times which is important.

Where did you buy it uncle Rob?

Gerry Optics
6 Naaf Street, Strijdom Park
Randburg, Johannesburg,
South Africa
T: +27 11 793 4667
F: +27 11 793 4671
C: +27 83 618 3451
www.goptics.co.za

I tried dealing via their web site and got nowhere and @Rowan Francis knows them well and spoke to them and put me in touch with Grant van Winsen <grant@goptics.co.za>. Drop him an email and he will sort you out with speed if they have stock!

Yeah, rock solid. Mine only takes 600 ml of water but it more than gets the job done.

@zadiac I got mine off bid or buy for R700 from a place called heavenly tattoos. It's got adjustable times which is important.

What times can you set it to?

@andro posted here about the one he got. Read the posts following for the link. Think I am going to go for that too.

Yes, but there is nothing about the specs of that one. I want to know the watts, kHz, max time it can be set etc.

Their reply below @zadiac. Email: margo@capewatch.co.za

Good Morning

Thank you for your enquiry, the specs of the ultrasonic is as follow:

It is 35 – 50 watts / 60hz

It has a 3 minute timer ( not settable)

600ml capacity

If you have any further queries or needing any quoting on a firm order, please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

Chad

Good Morning

600ml capacity

If you have any further queries or needing any quoting on a firm order, please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

Chad

The quoted "60Hz" refers to 230Vac line frequency. I think @zadiac is more interested in the ultrasonic transducers switching frequency which should be more between 21kHz to 42kHz.

Good Morning

600ml capacity

Kind Regards

Chad

The 3 minute timer is exactly what I don't want....lol.
Thanks for the reply, but I'll get the bigger one with longer timer. Don't want to get up every 3 minutes to start it again. Gonna drive me mad...lol

I put in a request to gerryoptics for the full specs of that one that Uncle Rob has. will wait for their reply.

The 3 minute timer is exactly what I don't want....lol.
Thanks for the reply, but I'll get the bigger one with longer timer. Don't want to get up every 3 minutes to start it again. Gonna drive me mad...lol

I put in a request to gerryoptics for the full specs of that one that Uncle Rob has. will wait for their reply.

Mine is also a 3-4 minute timer but I have it next to me and just set it again until I'm happy!

Oh dear! Then I'll have to look for something else. I cannot stand that sound next to me. I'll go crazy. :confused:

The one Rob and I have the maximum time allowed is 8min or 480s according to the machine. Quite annoying to keep restarting it since I put it in the kitchen. I didn't bother looking at specs before I purchased because a few members on the forum have it so I thought it's all good to go :)

http://www.amazon.com/LARGE-ULTRASONIC-CLEANER-cleaning-JEWRLRY/dp/B00LMF3GTE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421250393&sr=8-3&keywords=UltraSonic Cleaner <--- this one looks pretty good, dat_timer

http://www.amazon.com/Kendal-Indust...1421250393&sr=8-5&keywords=UltraSonic+Cleaner <-- this looks exactly like our cleaners, wouldn't be surprised if it just has a different sticker, has the same timer settings

Last edited:
How long do you run the Medpro UC when cleaning your vape gear @VandaL ?

I usually run 2-3 times on the 480sec cycle and it seems to work fine with a mixture of water & a dash of Sunlight liquid.

Mine is also a 3-4 minute timer but I have it next to me and just set it again until I'm happy!

The one Rob and I have the maximum time allowed is 8min or 480s according to the machine. Quite annoying to keep restarting it since I put it in the kitchen. I didn't bother looking at specs before I purchased because a few members on the forum have it so I thought it's all good to go :)

http://www.amazon.com/LARGE-ULTRASONIC-CLEANER-cleaning-JEWRLRY/dp/B00LMF3GTE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421250393&sr=8-3&keywords=UltraSonic Cleaner <--- this one looks pretty good, dat_timer

http://www.amazon.com/Kendal-Industrial-Digital-Ultrasonic-Cleaner/dp/B0018IIPFK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421250393&sr=8-5&keywords=UltraSonic Cleaner <-- this looks exactly like our cleaners, wouldn't be surprised if it just has a different sticker, has the same timer settings

Problem is, I can't get amazon to ship to me. Can never buy stuff from them. Tried different addresses with no success, so I don't even go to their site anymore.

I usually run 2-3 times on the 480sec cycle and it seems to work fine with a mixture of water & a dash of Sunlight liquid.

We want to use it for steeping, so the 480sec cycles will drive me to shoot someone I love.

I just leave my juices in a plastic lunch box in the sun for a few hours.

I've only cleaned a view items of vape gear, am too lazy to pull out builds. I used a mix of distilled water, Sky Vodka and Sunlight. Ran it 5 times @ 480s, didn't look at how it was progressing just figured the longer it ran the better the outcome would be, I wish there was a way to 'hack' the timer.

I cleaned my drip tips, stingrays and veritas. The stainless tips were like :eek:, the gold (plated i guess) were :eek:. Copper / Brass rather underwhelming had to use some metal polish then they were :eek: . The Stainless part of the Stingrays I've never seen them shine like that truly :eek::eek: but the copper part. :rain: Oh and the veritas looks brand new, every bit of gunk on the positive post, nuts, screws just shiny.

I've used it to clean other items and its a very cool device.

On the topic of speed steeping, I put my nilla custards(skyblue) in with the heat on let it cycle a few times, I messed up big time because the hot water has made the juice taste burnt and icky, all of them are ruined

Last edited:
Back