Subtank Mini dry hits

LandyMan

Cheers. And keep on vaping!!
LV

Awards
Morning all
Decided to try the Rebuildable base on the Subtank Mini last night. Wicked it like I would the Lemo (rayon just touching the deck) and not having the wick too tight in the coil.
I got the primer toot nice and crisp, but after that dry hits galore. Am I wicking too little in this tank?

Thanks

I was using rayon just as you are. I got a dry hit now and then. I decided to try Japanese cotton and no more dry hits now. Flavour with Japanese cotton in the subtank mini is also much better than with rayon.

I had the same issue, but thinkbo over wicked it. Took some out and its fine now, I have a little more than the wick just touching the base. So yeah, long story short u might have under wicked i. Btw im speaking from minimal experience

And I used organic cotton both times

I used organic balls, The Japanese cotton tastes funny. Even if you over wick make sure the holes at he bottom are free for Juice to flow. i havent had any dry hits yet

Opened up the chimney top. Definitely under wicked. Now I can't get the bottom loose to rewick

@LandyMan I had that same problem of not being able to open the deck. If you look at the bottom of it, there are the 2 air channels . I found if I used needle nosed pliers and gripped there, I could unscrew it

@LandyMan I had that same problem of not being able to open the deck. If you look at the bottom of it, there are the 2 air channels . I found if I used needle nosed pliers and gripped there, I could unscrew it
Yeah, I tried with a small screwdriver this morning before work, but by that time I already had liquid all over my hands and was almost late to leave for school, so I left it ... will try again tonight when I have more time (and cleaning material) ;)

Sorry, didn't manage to get nice pics. However, I did rewick last night, and was much better. However, I chain vape, so after toot 3 I get dry hits again ... but I think this is due to the channel openings being so tiny ... will do what @Dassie did and open up those juice flow holes

Sorry, didn't manage to get nice pics. However, I did rewick last night, and was much better. However, I chain vape, so after toot 3 I get dry hits again ... but I think this is due to the channel openings being so tiny ... will do what @Dassie did and open up those juice flow holes
Works a charm - chaining here as well, and no dry hits :)

@LandyMan , i chain toot all the time , no dry hits , watts are at 15 ... Please send us a pic as there is something not right , Just relalised that my second pic might be missleading , my wick does not touch the joose holes , i wet it then squeeze it to the base .

Loud popping is the water being cooked off the coil ..

Rewick
eab2c7c43854595e509e4e1f984b5327.jpg

That looks better . How does it vape now ?

4 toots then dry hit. Even toned it down to 15W but that didn't help either. The little bubble from the channel hole doesn't cone often enough compared to the Lemo
If you're using rayon then I suggest trying organic cotton / Japanese cotton. I have dry hit issues with rayon and after trying Japanese cotton - no more dry hits.

Yeah I saw the mentions earlier about rayon. It is upside down now to drain so will try some Japanese cotton. Not sure how to use it though. LOL

Back