The Ammit 25 thread

Besides spitback are you having any issues with dry hits or leaking ??

Well you can try a simple round wire build (A1, NI80, SS316L) and see if it still pops and take it from there

See with that build, there is a few hollow crevices where juice collects (more juice = more flavour and clouds) , as the wire heats up the juice closest to the coil will vaporise quicker than the juice at the top of said “crevice” causing a pop (like the bubbles of a freshly poured Coke) with pushes micro droplets to “jump” off of the coil and smacking your mouth

Try adjust your wattage up and down ( can’t remember how I solved it when I still used twisted wire ) and see if there is a magic sweet spot... I know just a slight bit more than diddly squat about your mod but I’m sure it has a preheat function which you can set when you find the magic wattage

Last edited:
Hi @StaticX I agree with @Smoke_A_Llama and @vicTor

That exotic wire might be the cause of the problem.

Perhaps try with normal round wire NI80 or Kanthal - and see how the vape is on that.
You might find its something you prefer.

With vaping one needs to try lots of different builds - sometimes one gets a huge surprise.

@Smoke_A_LIama

I have not had any dry hits and no leaking at all. I will try and get some simple wire pre-built coils and test again. I do appreciate the detailed explanation of how the spit back comes to be.

@vicTor

I only have the following coils

Coil Master Skynet set (there are some different coils in the set)

Demon Killer Alien v2 0.25ohm

And then the coils as per current build Geek Vape Staples

Uhmm i take it they are all exotic coils

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Smoke_A_LIama

I have not had any dry hits and no leaking at all. I will try and get some simple wire pre-built coils and test again. I do appreciate the detailed explanation of how the spit back comes to be.

@vicTor

Try the fused or flat Clapton coil from the skynet box

@Smoke_A_LIama

@vicTor

@StaticX I'm also new to coils etc, but in my ammit with simpler wire there are no issues at all, try one of the others you mention you have and let us know

@StaticX, all the comments have been spot on, I don't make coils everyday like I once used to. But the coils that are currently installed are fairly simple standard coils, using very tightly twisted wire which I did myself using a drill some time ago... My solution to the spitback/popping thing is to wick the coil extremely tight, which usually works. But sometimes it's easier to just make a new coil.

Here's a quick demo of the method I use to make my twisted wire

@StaticX
your coils look like they are one turn too many. as above try a simple build or like a Clapton or fused Clapton with 3mm ID. there needs to be some space is the deck with your coils installed for air to move around.

I received my Ammit 25 last week Thursday, today is Monday... All I can say is WOW! This tank is pumping!
This is my first RTA ever, so had a bit of a learning curve building my own coil and wicking it just right. Luckily I have a colleague at work who gave me advice (and also recommended this RTA), as well as this thread.

I "downed" a 2 ml tank in 20mins... so I switched to the 5ml glass they provide in the box. This allows me more or less an hour's chain-vaping (roughly).

There is a bit of a flavor difference between the 2ml and 5ml tanks, but I find turning the airflow one or 2 clicks closed from the open position amps up the flavor.

Power: 35W
Coil: Ni80 Fused Clapton wire, 28ga*2+35ga
Resistance: 0.62 Ohms
Wick: Cotton Bacon V2
Tank: Extended 5ml
Tools: Coil Master Mini Kit
Juice: All of them! ;)
Style: Chain-Vaping

Congrats on the tank and getting it going @Brommer !
Chain vaping through all your juices on a newly set up tank ---> lovely

I received my Ammit 25 last week Thursday, today is Monday... All I can say is WOW! This tank is pumping!
This is my first RTA ever, so had a bit of a learning curve building my own coil and wicking it just right. Luckily I have a colleague at work who gave me advice (and also recommended this RTA), as well as this thread.

I "downed" a 2 ml tank in 20mins... so I switched to the 5ml glass they provide in the box. This allows me more or less an hour's chain-vaping (roughly).

There is a bit of a flavor difference between the 2ml and 5ml tanks, but I find turning the airflow one or 2 clicks closed from the open position amps up the flavor.

Power: 35W
Coil: Ni80 Fused Clapton wire, 28ga*2+35ga
Resistance: 0.62 Ohms
Wick: Cotton Bacon V2
Tank: Extended 5ml
Tools: Coil Master Mini Kit
Juice: All of them! ;)
Style: Chain-Vaping

Happy for you bro! I have been using the Ammit 25mm single for the last year and it is really the best single coil RTA I have ever had. The flavour on it is just impeccable. I've tried two RDA's - Dead Rabbit and Hadaly, and the flavour of the Ammit 25mm is on par with both of them if not better.

The build I like on it is a Ni80 Fused Clapton around 0.3 ohm, 40w, with some Cotton Bacon V2 / Prime on the 5ml tank. The flavour is just on another level.

Oh and the best of it all is this tank is awesome with any type of juice, which is rare. I mostly vape bakery and dessert, and it tastes GREAT in it!

Happy for you bro! I have been using the Ammit 25mm single for the last year and it is really the best single coil RTA I have ever had. The flavour on it is just impeccable. I've tried two RDA's - Dead Rabbit and Hadaly, and the flavour of the Ammit 25mm is on par with both of them if not better.

The build I like on it is a Ni80 Fused Clapton around 0.3 ohm, 40w, with some Cotton Bacon V2 / Prime on the 5ml tank. The flavour is just on another level.

Oh and the best of it all is this tank is awesome with any type of juice, which is rare. I mostly vape bakery and dessert, and it tastes GREAT in it!

Thanks Wimmas! I am really enjoying this tank. The coil building and wicking is still a bit of a learning curve for me. From time to time I experience leaking. It seems to be coming from the air holes. Someone suggested I switch back to the 2ml glass to see if it makes a difference. I doubt it though, my feeling is that it has to do with the way I am wicking.

Nevertheless, enjoying all flavors immensely! Being a dessert-man myself, I concur with your observations fully!

This Ammit RTA thread has been most usefully, got a Ammit a month ago and wicked it first time right and every other time since with the info I got of this thread, thanks @Greyz for the wicking tutorial.

For what’s its worth the Ammit 25 rocks with a Coil Factor Amplified Alien Coil at 28w to 34w. This RTA makes better flavour with a cooler vape IMHO - Fruity or Desert it just works better this way.

I have to say, I have vaped a couple of different RTA's the past couple of months, but the Ammit is really bang for buck. If you take it's cost and the results in flavor and vapor production, this is a no brainer... every time!

15420999977996247798254195174263.jpg

Have had this RTA for a year packed it away and started using it again this week. Put in a selfmade fused clapton reading at .22ohm. and wow, the flavor is amazing the cloud is good and the Gold Look really does look sexy...

Back