The Ammit 25 thread

Awesome picture tutorial @Wimmas
Great photos and lots of detail
I liked the red lines showing what you need to cut where
Very nice!

Hi all

Having recently got one of these tanks, I seem to be of the lucky few to experience no dry hits nor airflow leaks.
However, for the past week, I have noticed that when closing the juice flow control to refill, some juice oozes out. Not out the airflow but out of the recess between moving juice flow and static airflow (not sure if this description makes sense).
Never happened when I first started using it.

Any ideas?
Could it be a simple o-ring replace?

Hi all

Having recently got one of these tanks, I seem to be of the lucky few to experience no dry hits nor airflow leaks.
However, for the past week, I have noticed that when closing the juice flow control to refill, some juice oozes out. Not out the airflow but out of the recess between moving juice flow and static airflow (not sure if this description makes sense).

Any ideas?

This happens to me too, RTA life.

Hi all

Any ideas?

The juice flow control should only ever be turned clockwise, sounds like you are doing the opposite, which will unscrew the chimney section. If I understand you correctly that is.

The juice flow control should only ever be turned clockwise, sounds like you are doing the opposite, which will unscrew the chimney section. If I understand you correctly that is.

I always close it the JFC when refilling, is it possible to both open and close only going clockwise?

I always close it the JFC when refilling, is it possible to both open and close only going clockwise?
Yes turn clockwise to close it off then keeping turning clockwise to open. If you turn anti-clockwise you will be loosening the tank and breaking the seal.

Yes turn clockwise to close it off then keeping turning clockwise to open. If you turn anti-clockwise you will be loosening the tank and breaking the seal.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it only goes clockwise so far until it stops turning completely?

If you turn the tank clockwise it will keep turning until you stop turning it. It does not have a stopping point.

Then I must be doing something wrong, mine stops turning clockwise once it's fully tight against the base.
Let me take the tank apart when I'm home and put it together again and see.

Just turn the "tank section" not the base.

Ok, my sincere apologies. Turned out to be user error. (this is why we can't have nice things :D )
Removed from the mod, grabbed the airflow and started turning.
She loosened up and is now rotating as designed.

Decided to pick up the Ammit 25 @Naeem had for sale the other day. Really had to twist my own arm due to previous hiccups with other RTA’s and getting the wicking right to avoid dry hits, leaking etc.

And am I glad I did! I must say though, it’s probably cheaper to fill my car because it is quite a thirsty bugger but I was expecting it and it is worth it IMO for the vape you get at the price point.

Nice little 3mm Ni80 Fused Clapton coil with the airflow 1/4 open and I am really enjoying the vape. No dry hits yet and no leaks so definitely a happy chappy!!

This thread with all the feedback and pointers on how to wick etc really helped so big plus on that.

07d788f81fa904d55cf690174ae841cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised, here are a few pics of my build on the Ammit 25mm. Did it today, another flawless build:

Here's the Clapton 0.4 ohm coil screwed on. The overhang I just take a pliers and move it up and down until it snaps of flush with the build deck.

Coil is not too high or low over the airflow holes underneath.

I use Bacon strips cotton.

Once you have your piece of cotton, tear it apart (It should still stick together as one piece). Then roll it up in it's length between your fingers.

Pull it through the coil. Should be sort of tight (Not too tight that you pull the coil around while pulling the cotton through - I'd say medium tight).

Cut it the right length. I usually cut it so that it touches the bottom of the well on the build deck, slightly longer. Then comb it with a toothpick to get rid of excess cotton. Once you've combed it, cut off the excess cotton.

Once you get rid of the excess cotton and fluffed the cotton, cut off the top part as shown with the red lines.

Cut the edges in a half moon shape.

This is the final stage. Cotton is nice and fluffy and edges are trimmed. Just lays nicely on the well of the juice holes.

Tuck it in so the cotton hangs straight down the juice wells (Don't force it in and the cotton must HANG, this is important for wicking)

Juice it up and fire a few times while juicing.

Once you've juiced it up and fired a few times, make sure the cotton lays nicely in the juice well with no overhang or covering the airflow. If all looks neat, put on your tank and fill. Make sure airflow and juice flow is closed when you fill the tank. Once filled, screw on the top with the driptip, turn it upside down then open the juice flow, then the airflow, turn back to it's normal position. First fire it a few times to ensure there is no spitback (it might shoot up a few hot juice shots but that's it). Start chain vaping the hell out of it and enjoy!

This is awesome helped a lot. Thank you.

hi, a shot in the dark, but does anyone know where i could get the original drip tip the ammit 25 comes out with please ?

Hi All

Hope its fine i ask this here.

I bought an Ammit 25 two days ago. So its my first time to wick but i cant get it right to save my life.

I have watch countless videos and even wicked it as per instructions on here, but i get spit back all the way.

I have my own topic in hardware》RTA》my first RTA, if anyone could give me some advice.

I have received so much help from members already, just dont know what else to do

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi All

Hope its fine i ask this here.

I bought an Ammit 25 two days ago. So its my first time to wick but i cant get it right to save my life.

I have watch countless videos and even wicked it as per instructions on here, but i get spit back all the way.

I have my own topic in hardware》RTA》my first RTA, if anyone could give me some advice.

I have received so much help from members already, just dont know what else to do

Can you post a few close up shots, that are in focus @Static

It's easier to diagnose the problem.

Can you post a few close up shots, that are in focus @Static

It's easier to diagnose the problem.
I will take more when i try tomorrow again but here are some of the one i did before i left work
0a33c1095c6f775891776b0258bf9e49.jpg
04a29f7e50c24b4cfeeb626ef61ae7a0.jpg
8cf8122a63e473ab2f96d9f46b810b1b.jpg
8e24b405c8cc0484c525f86ce37afbda.jpg

I will take more when i try tomorrow again but here are some of the one i did before i left work
0a33c1095c6f775891776b0258bf9e49.jpg
04a29f7e50c24b4cfeeb626ef61ae7a0.jpg
8cf8122a63e473ab2f96d9f46b810b1b.jpg
8e24b405c8cc0484c525f86ce37afbda.jpg

To be honest, with that type of build spit back will be bound to occur, what wattage are you running at ?

To be honest, with that type of build spit back will be bound to occur, what wattage are you running at ?
Well all honesty is highly appreciated, seeing as the only way i will get it right is with the help of forum members.

My drag auto adjusted to 80w but i tested it from 50w.

What can i do to improve the build?

Well all honesty is highly appreciated, seeing as the only way i will get it right is with the help of forum members.

My drag auto adjusted to 80w but i tested it from 50w.

What can i do to improve the build?

@StaticX have you got any less exotic wire to try ?

Back