The Reomiser 2

Thanks @Andre, a picture does speak a thousand words.

Looks like the longer (negative) post broke of, with the base removed there should be enough left over to grip and unscrew.

Thanks @Andre, a picture does speak a thousand words.

Looks like the longer (negative) post broke of, with the base removed there should be enough left over to grip and unscrew.

Jakes the one post screws into a loose metal piece below the ceramic deck and the other one to the bottom cup.

Ok, so after some simple surgery I got the whole thing apart. @jakesa I will get in touch to see if you can repair the screw, shown at bottom of picture in 2 pieces
dc92c430cbd3d73f0f763deafa3f0db1.jpg

Ok, so after some simple surgery I got the whole thing apart. @jakesa I will get in touch to see if you can repair the screw, shown at bottom of picture in 2 pieces
dc92c430cbd3d73f0f763deafa3f0db1.jpg

If you turn the ceramic deck over, you will see a piece of metal where the post on the ceramic deck screws into and that metal piece also screws into the bottom cup (center pin). The 2 threaded holes in the bottom cup are for alignment and hence the remaining post can screw into either.

Can't think of a way to repair it, would have to machine a new one. Wonder what threads those are, 2.5mm for the female 2mm for the male?

Wow, that was amazing
Diagnosis and pictures and all

I suppose getting a new RM2 is the better option to get that Reo back to proper glory

View attachment 22752 Hi guys, I'm hoping I can get the correct advice regarding a problem I have with the RM2. I broke the post while tightening the coil.....:-(. The question is .... Can this be repaired or should I be looking at replacing it?

The story goes..... I didn't get the whole Reo thing so a friend gave me his "unused" Reo Grand to review and the 2nd build I tried the post broke. I would now like to give it back in better working order than I received it.
By the way, that "unused" Reo Grand looks brand new. Did you at least get a vape in? If so, what was your initial impressions?

By the way, that "unused" Reo Grand looks brand new. Did you at least get a vape in? If so, what was your initial impressions?

Hi @Andre, I would have liked a little more time with it but initial impressions was that it is a decent device but I personally feel that it doesn't warrant the hype or price tag. Perhaps after I revive it and get acquainted a bit more things will change.

Hi @Andre, I would have liked a little more time with it but initial impressions was that it is a decent device but I personally feel that it doesn't warrant the hype or price tag. Perhaps after I revive it and get acquainted a bit more things will change.
Thanks, yes you need at least 7 days and a few coil configs with it. Also, if you are a direct to lung vaper the RM2 is probably not the atomizer to use.

Hi All, I've been trying different drip tips on the RM2 but I noticed that the taste decreases with all of them. Any idea why the standard drip tip makes such a big difference compared to other drip tips? Also, have you found a different drip tip that works well with the RM2?

Hi All, I've been trying different drip tips on the RM2 but I noticed that the taste decreases with all of them. Any idea why the standard drip tip makes such a big difference compared to other drip tips? Also, have you found a different drip tip that works well with the RM2?

Before becoming a Cyclone convert, I also battled with a varying vape experience using alternative RM2 drip tips and found the original to be the best. I thought it strange at the time and that it must be a mind of matter thing

Thanks for sharing your experience @vaalboy :)
Guess I am going to have to stick with the standard drip tip. Was looking at pimping it up a bit rather but it's not worth the decrease in the taste.
Will only be pimped for photo shots, lol :cool:

I have been using a short titanium drip tip on mine. The one in picture here.

Great! Thanks @Andre :)
Appreciate the info!

Hi @Imthiaz Khan , I use the delrin ones I got from SkyBlue a while back. Basically the identical shape to the original RM2 driptips but just a little bit shorter. But they are concave in shape just like the originals.

I do think there is a bit of a difference to the flavour based on the driptip. Not much, but it is there. My preference for the non metal ones stems back to my mini protank days where i despised the metal tip because it tasted metallic. So its more of a material thing for me. But that said, i use the standard metal tip on the Atlantis (for example) without a problem on the metal taste issue. So I presume its a "better non taste impacting metal" ;-)

As for the shape, i think the longer it is the cooler the vape. Not too sure about the shape changing the airflow - but drip tips i think are such a personal thing. One needs to try several for a while and see what works for you. Pity we dont have a huge range easily availabe here.

Back