The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

Using Nichrome, do you make use of temp ?
No, its not suitable for TC due to its flat "resistance change" curve, ie the mod doesnt see enough resistance change to pull back the power.
Its very happy on wattage mode, doesnt melt at medium temps like SS and nickel.

I am using cbv2. When i build a bigger id it is not this thirsty.

Very Odd , do you get less airflow with the smaller ID ? I know recommended build is 3-3.5mm ID Ni80 24g .... but I do suspect this tank is thirsty either way ;)

I think I got confused with Nickel and Nichrome, will be getting Nichrome instead of SS

Airflow is fine and dandy for flavor and cloud. It is just heavy on the juice. Oh and i get juice in my tip neck. . Not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that's the perception you getting. More cotton means it needs less out of the tank where as less cotton pulls more out as it dries out more?

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Thought I would add my build here.
24 GA kanthal twisted
7 wraps
3.5 mm ID
0.45 ohms
Dove cotton (lol)
30 W limitless lmc box mod
P.s This coil was not intended for this tank, hence the weird upside down wraps.
DSC_0141.jpg
This build does not have the same flavor as my 24 GA non twisted kanthal 7 wrap build but man it's a cloud machine!

Congrats on your first coil today @Paraddicted
Way to go!
Hope you enjoying the vape so far

Thanks @Silver, I'm enjoying it! It's a thirsty little tank though. :eek: but so much fun :D

I agree, it is very thirsty
I think that has a lot to do with the flavour that many folk like on this tank !

Even with the coil being raised a tad too much it, there is a change in the flavour, so I can just imagine how good it will be when I drop the coil a bit.

I have not experimented with coil height in the SM25 but give it a try and see
@Yiannaki knows his builds and has a great feeling for build versus flavour ;-)

I have not experimented with coil height in the SM25 but give it a try and see
@Yiannaki knows his builds and has a great feeling for build versus flavour ;-)

Experimenting is half the fun :D might just end up with the kind of vape that keeps you smiling from ear to ear.

Hmm looking forward to seeing some pics of @Yiannaki 's builds

Experimenting is half the fun :D might just end up with the kind of vape that keeps you smiling from ear to ear.

Hmm looking forward to seeing some pics of @Yiannaki 's builds
Here you go bud.

Did a rebuild with fused 24g clapton. 4/5 wraps. 3mm ID.

0.26ohms

c30d418d187a11004b64bcb5e0ef89aa.jpg

a112d964077cf767dd7dc035db16c0dc.jpg

96e1ec405f57c95588b5982af6ab5dbc.jpg

924eee74b86a5b414f9eb624dbf722e9.jpg

8309086a5dde1d907d4bac9a76522ec6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

@Yiannaki - your builds are just amazing!

hows the vape with that fused clapton compared to "normal" wire say 24g NI80 for example?
Ramp time?
Flavour?

What power you using for it?
And what juice you vaping?

@Yiannaki - your builds are just amazing!

hows the vape with that fused clapton compared to "normal" wire say 24g NI80 for example?
Ramp time?
Flavour?

What power you using for it?
And what juice you vaping?

The vape is really different to 24g Ni80. I personally hate nichrome

I find the overall flavour of this build to be far more full bodied than something like nichrome.

It's also a very warm vape and the vapour is thick and luscious:D

The vape is really different to 24g Ni80. I personally hate nichrome

I find the overall flavour of this build to be far more full bodied than something like nichrome.

It's also a very warm vape and the vapour is thick and luscious:D

Thanks, very interesting
And what power are you vaping it at?
And what juice? Is it a dessert?

Thanks, very interesting
And what power are you vaping it at?
And what juice? Is it a dessert?
Oh woops. Forgot to mention that.

I run it between 40 - 45 watts and I am vaping bfb straight Outta the toaster (a strawberry stroodle flavour)

Oh woops. Forgot to mention that.

I run it between 40 - 45 watts and I am vaping bfb straight Outta the toaster (a strawberry stroodle flavour)

Ok thanks
At that wattage, do you take long slow inhales to get the coil going?
Surely its quite a slow ramped at 40-45W?

I found that fused claptons have a slower ramp up compared to single wire. I prefer a cooler vape so stick to single wire.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks
At that wattage, do you take long slow inhales to get the coil going?
Surely its quite a slow ramped at 40-45W?
I'm running on the sx mini q class on the powerful plus setting so the heat up of the coil is instant :D

That looks amazing! Thick vapour + great flavor sounds like checking all the boxes.

Do you by chance know how many wraps of Ni80 would give 0.3 ohms?
I know with nichrome I get 0.3 on a dual with 9 wraps. So I'm guessing four or so wraps will get you 0.3 on a single.

I'm of the opinion that surface area is king. So I would rather stick with more wraps than less.

Try a 2.5mm ID with 9 wraps.

A parallel wrapped coil should he interesting on the serpent mini!

That looks amazing! Thick vapour + great flavor sounds like checking all the boxes.

Do you by chance know how many wraps of Ni80 would give 0.3 ohms?
I use 26G Ni80 and with 7wraps I get 0.38hohms. dual coil though. just remembered you are single coil.

I know with nichrome I get 0.3 on a dual with 9 wraps. So I'm guessing four or so wraps will get you 0.3 on a single.A parallel wrapped coil should he interesting on the serpent mini!

Did a parallel 28g kanthral , 7 wraps I think came to 0.5 quite a nice vape and juice consumption is quite good .....

Back