This is REALLY REALLY REALLY!!!!!!!!!! Troublesome.

Cor

The Vaping CaVeMaN
LV

Awards
Hey all.

I build coilz some days at my local vapeshop for a bit of extra cash.And today something happend that really really made me loose it.

A lady came in age about 18 i think maybe 21.

She wanted a coil built she gave me the box and i saw its a vGod elite clone ok.I first asked if she knew what a mech mod was the reply 'no not at all' i then explained all the detailz to her like everything and built the coils as high as i could.

After they left i asked the vapeshop owner where i work to find out where this mod was purched.With some inspection we found out its like a 5rand shop.........owned by the same people who does not have a clue to make it worse the mod was a clone.

So these people are selling mech without eaven a bit of knowlage.With more investigative work i found out they sell clone juices and allot at that.

Is there any way to take legal action or stop these people from selling mech with no idea about what it is or how it works........they are going to do so so much damage to the vapeing world........

Ime disgusted, frustrated, and so so angry.

Please anyone that can help me i would apriciate it.

Best Regards

Cor.

:CROSSCROSS::-@:CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS::CROSSCROSS::-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@:-@

Same thing here, we have a R5 store selling everything for next to nothing, fake juices like Jam Monster.. kinda fu@ked up

OH my gosh, that's absolutely terrible!! @Cor

I seriously worry for others who, like the girl, are buying mechs from this place without a clue what to do (and what NOT to do!) with them! It actually gave me chills thinking about it. I do hope someone here is able to give you solid legal advice. I agree they will do huge damage to the vaping community! They need to be stopped. :mad:

Its like shooting in the dark, i have tried contacting so many departments regarding so many fake goods, i even had a thing with Bidorbuy and sent them proof but they did nothing.

Its like everyone turns a blind eye to Chinese counterfeit shit.

Ps: non of my complaints were vape related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Carnival agree there with you on the chills

it's only a matter of time that something bad happens, not good at all

My biggest concern are the mechs.They eaven sold her a fake batt

Few months back a shop in belville was raided for selling fake nike shoes. Don't know the law of south Africa but if it can be done for Nike products then it can be done for vape products too.

Few months back a shop in belville was raided for selling fake nike shoes. Don't know the law of south Africa but if it can be done for Nike products then it can be done for vape products too.

Do you notice they only catch shoes or cigarettes, Have you ever seen China Malls come up in the news or heard of raids at them.

Ime in or get a cop and bribe them to raid the store?
That could do,but what grounds would they get them for ?

Im not too clued up on the laws surrounding clone gear and juice.

That could do,but what grounds would they get them for ?

Im not too clued up on the laws surrounding clone gear and juice.

Selling counterfeit goods they need to show documents/invoices to prove they are real.

This peeves me off too! Hate the risk and infamous attention it can and will bring to the vaping community...

The problem is without proof of them harming a person, these counterfeit goods are the same as the entire China mall.

The law struggles to restrict the trade of counterfeit goods as it struggles to deal with everything else in SA.

But I love my country

What scares me is that these shops will soon start selling counterfeit batteries for these mechs they sell. Then some noob will buy this mech and battery pair. Build what should be a safe build on authentic and become the next Andy and VAPING gets the bad rep again.

as long as there is an industry that is booming (like vaping) or an industry that is well established (tobacco industry) there will be counterfeit, clone, knockoffs etc... even if the vaping industry gets proper regulated, there will still be clone devices and badly made cheap juice. As long as people are willing to buy a product for cheaper, even if its not original and as long as people are unwilling to research (for their own well being), clone devices will be sold...

Lets get together and beat them up :boxing:
There are more of them than there are of us, and they're not particularly nice people either.

We see this crap all the time, not so much in my town but Polokwane is rife with this stuff, like 100ml Jam Monsters for R70, fake LG Chocs for R50 and the worst clone Pico kits I've ever seen.

I think the only people that can take legal action are the original manufacturers or official importers, but it will cost a fortune and I can imagine it would be like klapping mosquitoes.

The best course of action right now is to educate users and explain the dangers of buying cheap, very often they will listen and were just completely unaware of the dangers.

@Cor, I feel your pain, this is so frustrating :(

Interesting thread... the reason that cigarettes and clothing and shoes are targeted is because as an industry they pay and retain private investigators to track and prosecute intellectual property thieves.

The sooner the Vape Industry does the same the better... the big problem of course is that most of the real vape shops sell clones too. Yes selling fake mechs and fake juice is terrible but the only difference is selling fake mechs and batteries could be dangerous. Bottom line is people will pretty much do anything to make a buck whether it's unethical or not.

Thankx for evwryones input thus far.

Ile go and speak to the owner of the shop tommorw all smiles and just urge them to inform the people who buy the device of all the rules and safety that mechs carry.

Coincidentally, one of the builders saw me vaping yesterday and asked how much a mod costs and where to buy it, as we don't have any vape shops close by. His friend piped up and told him to go to the China shop.

I'll probably see him again tomorrow and I'd like to warn him about mechs but I'm not sure what the danger is myself. Could someone give me a brief explanation, please?

Thankx for evwryones input thus far.

Ile go and speak to the owner of the shop tommorw all smiles and just urge them to inform the people who buy the device of all the rules and safety that mechs carry.

I can see that going two ways

1: he gets angry and tells you to mind your own
2: he gets angry and swears at you to mind your own

People that sell counterfeit items as there main business are generally full of shit. They also make it seem like “they just trying to run a business....” and make it seem like you mean them personal harm.... the world these delusional people live in is something else. Dont get me started on these counterfeit/clone thats pawned of as original or whatever they wana call it cause i can go on for days

Be carful is my advice .

Back