Times Have Changed - Twisp Aero - A review!

Philip Dunkley

-------------
LV

Awards
This article is strange in many respects.
Firstly, I have never reviewed, or got very excited about, a product with the following Logo:

P1020103.jpg

Now, before I even get started, those who have the urge or constant need to hurl insults at @Twisp, remember one thing : They are the single most successful SA Vaping Company, and have converted more smokers to a healthier alternative than all the other vendors put together. Now this is by no means a disrespect to the other vendors or shop owners, it's just that Twisp has one thing other Vape Vendors don't : People!!!
Twisp is a company that I admire, and have a the utmost respect for, purely because of what they have done for the smoking community of SA, and the way they went about it.

One of the things that I have not been so excited about though from them, is there hardware offerings.
Until now that is!

Let me introduce you to the Twisp Aero (AKA EGO One ala Twisp Style).

P1020110.jpg P1020115.jpg

They have finally released a product that not only looks the part, but plays the part as well.
For those of you who don't know anything about the EGO ONE, go have a look online for a review, or take a look at this one by Todd (one of my favourite reviewers) :

Now the fact that this is a rebranded EGO One is a good thing, not only because the Ego One is a good device, it's because it's an easy and dependable device.
The only thing that Twisp has changed is some of the Aesthetics, with Horizontal Window Slots on the tank instead of Vertical ones, which helps with seeing your juice level, and obviously the Twisp Branding, which is actually very tasteful.
One of the excellent things about the device though, is the following. Off the bat, The Twisp Aero is a 1 Ohm device, using standard Ego One Coils (Yes they are interchangeable, I'm using them both). Now thats a great vape already, and I find it perfect, but what happens when 1 Ohm just isn't enough anymore. Simple, you just pop in the Ego One 0,5 Ohm Coil, and Bob's your Aunt (See what I did there).All Parts are interchangeable as well, so you can add a bigger battery, or change Tanks as well. The drip tip that comes with the Device is awesome, and yes, It's a standard drip tip, and any other drip tip will fir on it, although I do enjoy the one it comes with, a little too much perhaps as I found myself using it on my Reo yesterday!!

The vape is stellar, that's it! No other way to describe it, I have reviewed the EGO One before, and I loved it, and this is the same. Now the question comes as to the price, and why it costs R1000 instead of R700. Well, thats a little bit more difficult to explain. You see, online shops and smaller vendors tend to set up home shops or no brick and mortar at all, but Twisp has a booth at most large Shopping Centres. Now, whilst this does bring massive amounts of customers in, and creates huge visibility, it still costs an arm and leg. Pick a rand value that you think it costs to rent a shop in a centre, and times it by 5 and you'll still be under. I enquired the other day about some retail space in one of the big centres the other day, and to my surprise, the tiny little shop (15 SQm) was going for the bargain price of R60000 per month, excluding levies, Water and Lights, Salaries to employees and general expenses. You get the idea!!
So it's a different market, and with it comes a different price, but you do get some extra benefits. Convenience, one thing. Warranty, second thing. 6 Months to be exact, and trust me, I can break a device easily within 6 Months, so I'm sure I'll be testing it out!

So Is it worth it. In the context, definitely. If I was a smoker trying to give up, and wanted to start vaping, and paid R1000 for this device and got the quality vape out of it that I did, I'd be happier than the proverbial pig in $hit!!

Twisp, Well done! You have gone down the correct route. I will happily refer people to you for this device as a starter device, and even recommend it to experienced vapers as a great Stealth device.

I can assure you, I am quite happy and proud to say to someone when they ask me that "thing" is, It's my Twisp, why don't you try it!!

Here are a few more Photo's, even one with her in esteemed company!!

P1020117.jpg P1020121.jpg P1020122.jpg

Enjoy Everyone!!

Great review. I have never queried their prices for the reasons you have set out so eloquently, but their devices. This, albeit just one of their offerings, is a huge step forward for the success of vaping in South Africa.

Great writeup @Philip Dunkley
You wrote it so well
And you are a great salesman, I felt the urge to go and get one now. But its in the evening. Lol

But just a few questions if i may (i am not familiar with the Ego One)

How many mls in the tank?
How long does the battery last and whats its mah?
How long do the coils last?

How does the vape itself compare to other equipment that we know?

@Silver , You can come buy mine for R2000.00. I'll throw in a free bottle of juice!!
Sorry, here are the specs.

1100mAh Battery - Not gonna give you a long stretch at all, but fine if you're near a USB cable all day. Better than the old Twisps though.
Coils last as long as any other commercially available coils from Aspire, Kangetech and such.. depends on how much you vape them, and how much you maintain them. I've had commercial coils last me a few months if I take the time to clean them properly every time I change juice.
Tank holds 1,8ml
Comes with 2xCoils

Enjoy

Great review @Philip Dunkley :clap:

The best part about Twisp is the people that buy their stuff isn't and never will be on a forum such as this, so they just get a great device without ever even knowing any better - and they rid themselves of the nastiness that is cigarettes :D

@Philip Dunkley great review. And spot on. A friend of mine showed me his Twisp Aero today. We compared and I do like the Twisp drip tip more. Other than that and the aesthetics it's basically the same device as you mentioned.

Well done to Twisp for adding this to there product lineup.

@Silver the Twisp Aero has a 1.8ml tank with a 1100mAh battery. Same as the ego one.

The eGo one XL comes with a 2,5ml tank and a 2200mAh battery. This is the device I got. You also get 0.5 Ohm and 1.0 Ohm coils for the tank. I've never used the 0.5 ohm coil.

If that's not enough they have released the eGo One Mega. It's a 2600mAh battery with a 4ml tank. This is a 22mm device and by the looks of it the same length as the eGo One XL. I'll probably get one as soon as they land in SA. :-D

I got the CLR coils today from eCiggies which is basically a rebuildable coil. The build is alot like the old Kanger coils used to be, just a bit bigger. Very easy to build.

I've been using my eGo for about 6 weeks. I fill my tank about three times a day and the 2200mAh battery lasts me about 2.5 tanks. The commercial coils, for me, lasts about 2 weeks. I've been able to rebuild them as well.

Personally I don't like the commercial coils during the "run in" phase, which takes about 1 - 2 tanks. It tastes funny. After that they are good. Been using the CLR Coil for about 6 hours now. Within the first 10 minutes I took the wick it came with out, I think it's cotton, and used some ryon instead. Much better. The CLR also comes with a liquid control valve.

Filling is a bit difficult. You'll need a blunt needle or a bottle with a needle like tip. Using a dropper is certainly possible but not practical because some of the juice will flow over into the chimney.

Overall I'm very please with my eGo ONE especially with the CLR coils. Compared to the eGrip? Battery life is obviously better. The tank needs more filling of course. When comparing the flavor I think the eGo One's commercial coil are better and the CLR coils are more or less par with the eGrip's RBA. It's a comfortable, stealthy and my day to day device.

Got the ego one todAy and i totally agree with u. Changed the drip tip for the aero instead . Lovely .

Thanks for all the feedback @dekardy
@andro, you prefer the flat mouthpiece with the Twisp Aero?

Thanks for all the feedback @dekardy
@andro, you prefer the flat mouthpiece with the Twisp Aero?
i like the way it look , and yes is better IMO. only problem is the aero is flat on top and the ego not so is like 1mm gap. i will sort mine out with th lathe later but if u like that mouthpiece without modification will work better on the aero itself, or something like a subtank that is flat .

Good write up! It looks tiny which is a good thing for when you are on the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good points in there, I like your review...

very important is that twisp has probably been the reason most of us are on these forums and procuring new devices from the not so brick and mortar stores now...

H
This article is strange in many respects.
Firstly, I have never reviewed, or got very excited about, a product with the following Logo:

View attachment 27198

Now, before I even get started, those who have the urge or constant need to hurl insults at @Twisp, remember one thing : They are the single most successful SA Vaping Company, and have converted more smokers to a healthier alternative than all the other vendors put together. Now this is by no means a disrespect to the other vendors or shop owners, it's just that Twisp has one thing other Vape Vendors don't : People!!!
Twisp is a company that I admire, and have a the utmost respect for, purely because of what they have done for the smoking community of SA, and the way they went about it.

One of the things that I have not been so excited about though from them, is there hardware offerings.
Until now that is!

Let me introduce you to the Twisp Aero (AKA EGO One ala Twisp Style).

View attachment 27200 View attachment 27201

They have finally released a product that not only looks the part, but plays the part as well.
For those of you who don't know anything about the EGO ONE, go have a look online for a review, or take a look at this one by Todd (one of my favourite reviewers) :

Now the fact that this is a rebranded EGO One is a good thing, not only because the Ego One is a good device, it's because it's an easy and dependable device.
The only thing that Twisp has changed is some of the Aesthetics, with Horizontal Window Slots on the tank instead of Vertical ones, which helps with seeing your juice level, and obviously the Twisp Branding, which is actually very tasteful.
One of the excellent things about the device though, is the following. Off the bat, The Twisp Aero is a 1 Ohm device, using standard Ego One Coils (Yes they are interchangeable, I'm using them both). Now thats a great vape already, and I find it perfect, but what happens when 1 Ohm just isn't enough anymore. Simple, you just pop in the Ego One 0,5 Ohm Coil, and Bob's your Aunt (See what I did there).All Parts are interchangeable as well, so you can add a bigger battery, or change Tanks as well. The drip tip that comes with the Device is awesome, and yes, It's a standard drip tip, and any other drip tip will fir on it, although I do enjoy the one it comes with, a little too much perhaps as I found myself using it on my Reo yesterday!!

The vape is stellar, that's it! No other way to describe it, I have reviewed the EGO One before, and I loved it, and this is the same. Now the question comes as to the price, and why it costs R1000 instead of R700. Well, thats a little bit more difficult to explain. You see, online shops and smaller vendors tend to set up home shops or no brick and mortar at all, but Twisp has a booth at most large Shopping Centres. Now, whilst this does bring massive amounts of customers in, and creates huge visibility, it still costs an arm and leg. Pick a rand value that you think it costs to rent a shop in a centre, and times it by 5 and you'll still be under. I enquired the other day about some retail space in one of the big centres the other day, and to my surprise, the tiny little shop (15 SQm) was going for the bargain price of R60000 per month, excluding levies, Water and Lights, Salaries to employees and general expenses. You get the idea!!
So it's a different market, and with it comes a different price, but you do get some extra benefits. Convenience, one thing. Warranty, second thing. 6 Months to be exact, and trust me, I can break a device easily within 6 Months, so I'm sure I'll be testing it out!

So Is it worth it. In the context, definitely. If I was a smoker trying to give up, and wanted to start vaping, and paid R1000 for this device and got the quality vape out of it that I did, I'd be happier than the proverbial pig in $hit!!

Twisp, Well done! You have gone down the correct route. I will happily refer people to you for this device as a starter device, and even recommend it to experienced vapers as a great Stealth device.

I can assure you, I am quite happy and proud to say to someone when they ask me that "thing" is, It's my Twisp, why don't you try it!!

Here are a few more Photo's, even one with her in esteemed company!!

View attachment 27204 View attachment 27205 View attachment 27206

Enjoy Everyone!!

ow many tanks do u get out of one battery? Im at my second one so far and still goin strong on the first charge ....

Can't say I have tried any newish Twisp gear, but I got one of the first models in 2008. Only took me half a week to go back to stinkies. Battery life was horrible (downed a battery between Krugersdorp and Sasolburg). Juice had a horrid sweet taste, got a mouthful every 3 puffs. If it was up to that memory, I'd still be a smoker.

@Viper_SA In 2008, almost any Vape gear you picked up was utter crap.
I can assure you that any device from Kangertech, Aspire, Innokin or such, was just as bad, if they were even around then. That was 7 years ago, and a hell of a lot has changed since then, from all Vendors. This new device from Twisp is excellent, like many devices from any of the new vendors. I think if a smoker picked up an Aero today, he would have a very hard time going back to Stinkies!
At least Twisp was trying to do something back then, I still commend them. :):)

How does the Aero work with non twisp liquid? I know the current twisp clearo makes other vendors liquid taste yucky. Nice way for them to make sure you continue to buy their liquid.

Thanks for the quick response Philip.

So the only difference is the branding and the 6 months warranty? Newbie here looking to replace my twisp clearo with something better. Is this good for everyday vaping?

Thanks for the quick response Philip.

So the only difference is the branding and the 6 months warranty? Newbie here looking to replace my twisp clearo with something better. Is this good for everyday vaping?

hi @PdT

Welcome to the forum. When you get a moment, please introduce yourself at the following thread:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/introduce-yourselves.t24/

On your question about the Aero, I have not tried it myself, but from the sounds of it, it will be way more intense than the Twisp Clearo. Why don't you go visit a Twisp Kiosk and try one out to see for yourself.

All the best

Hi Daniel they are the same device so I would go with an ego one as you can get them for about R700 as appose to the twist aero at R1000.

Back