Tips on coils & wick for OBS Engine Nano

@Faraaz I have had great success with 5 wraps. Anything more or anything less and I don't enjoy the vape nearly as much.

5 wraps 3mm ID is a win. 7 wraps makes me think you'll burn your cotton or get dry hits. At least that has always been the case for me. Definitely a rather warm vape but by no means "hot"

Take a look at this, it's the only build I use in the nano. Hope it helps and goodluck!
1515446635721..jpg

Maybe I need to invest in a dripper , just hate the fact that I'm in the car all day and it makes dripping difficult

Any advice on a squonker?
@Silver is right on the power advice, it's been my experience w/the Engine (A great tank imho) is that it can handle the watts at higher temps as well as giving a good vape at lower watts.At this moment my Engine sits atop of my SX mini Q class at 60 watts using selfmade fused Claptons (27g x2 wrapped w/41g))and it gives me a wonderful warm vape just right for my taste.(p.m. me and we'll see if I can't send you a set of my coils) Rdas are a whole different animal albeit a good one that many use exclusively after trying. Sqounking is the best way to get this technique, or should I say the easiest. (Check out Geeky Vapes on YouTube) Many forum mates are Sqounk pros and can give better advice than I can. Get an array of wire cheaply on the Chinese sites (fasttech,Gearbests ect.) and watch tutorials on line,in no time you'll be coiling like a pro.

IMG_20171002_130124.jpg
@Moey_Ismail , would you be able to advise @Faraaz on a coil for a hotter vape on the OBS Engine Nano?

@Faraaz, have you had a look at this whole thread from the beginning? Some great looking builds in it.
A build that worked great for me in the engine was 3 x 26ga with 36ga alien ni80, 3mm 5 wraps, comes out to about 0.2ohm at 45-50watts, airflow halfway open, align the coil so the top of the coil is in line with the top of the post, that way the airflow is very direct and doesn't give too much to cool the coil @Faraaz

Last edited:
Been eyeing the Nano for some time. Got one from @ddk1979 (thank you) at last. Went through this informative thread for some tips on coiling and wicking.

In the end coiled and wicked as DJLsb suggests in the video posted by @haruspex early in the thread here. SS316L, 26 g, 3.5 mm ID, around 6 wraps anti-clockwise spaced coil (using the easy spacing method explained by @Moey_Ismail on the first page of this thread). Came out at 0.7 ohms. Wicked with Cotton Bacon v2.

Have vaped about half a tank of a strawberry, banana custard at 30W. MTL with just a sliver of the air slots open. Still an airy MTL, which is what I like. Flavour is great, more sweet notes than in my Reo Grand. Throat hit is glorious @Silver. Will have to try a tobacco in it next. No gurgling or spitting or any dry hits so far.

Winner for me.

Thanks for the headsup @Andre ;-)
Enjoy

Hello everyone, greetings from Malaysia

OBS engine nano... I have tried so many ways to make this RTA work. Every time after half of the tank, it starts to give a dry hit and most of the time cotton burnt in the middle, snap into two pieces just for a day or two. Tried Clapton, micro coil (SS & Kanthal) nothing works. Reduce the cotton at both end and flooding occurs. Tried twisted coils too.. first, it is good, then dry hit again, I have to pop-off the filling ring for a while then it will be okay for a few vapes. Then after I tried simple micro coil of 26G Kanthal or SS but reduce the diameter to 2.5mm and then, boom... the flavour and vape density improve a lot... before this, I'm using 3mm, 3.5mm but no luck. 7 or 8 wraps 2.5mm contact coil give 0.8ohm fire at 25W. Cotton survive much longer (days).I will try 2mm with twisted to see how it's work. If twisted coil work then it's good because I don't like high ohm and I got longer coil.

Back