To BB or not to BB...

Paul33

General dumbass
LV

Awards
B7CADA87-AFBD-4771-B2C8-C09C6B66F00F.jpeg
To BB or not to BB...?

That is the question but what is the answer? Trying to decide if I must spoil myself with love from myself...

Are you OK with the slightly restricted draw?
If so, a big fat definite Yes! :D

Are you OK with the slightly restricted draw?
If so, a big fat definite Yes! :D
I’m currently rolling like a gangsta with my sm25 firing at a huge 25w with the airflow closed to a few mm’s!

I’ve heard the flavour on these things is unreal and that’s the point isn’t it??

@Paul33

I love my BB. Mainly for its pocketability, no leaking, great flavour for me on fruity menthols, nice restricted lung hit draw as @TheV says above - and for its good battery life.

(I have the DNA 60 version and the Exocet atty inside.)

I would say if those features grab you then go for it.

However, if you want a device you can tinker with (i.e. building new coils, frequent rewicking / juice changing etc) then I don't advise it because its a bit of a schlepp to do that. Much easier on a conventional RDA/mod or on a BF RDA/squonker.

The pocketability and no-nonsense attributes are the best for me.

Last edited:
The flavor is fantastic with the right atty and the right build. I will definitely recommend you invest in a Exocet straight off the bat.

It does sound like the draw should be to your liking.

It is in portability that this thing really shines though. It's the only piece of gear I take out of the house on a regular basis.

I’m currently rolling like a gangsta with my sm25 firing at a huge 25w with the airflow closed to a few mm’s!

I’ve heard the flavour on these things is unreal and that’s the point isn’t it??

The flavour is more a function of the atty inside and the coil you put in.
I do think that the small chamber of the Exocet - combined with my RiaanRed fused clapton 2.5mm ID coil is giving me very good flavour. Its rich and dense. Quite amazing actually. When I first took a toot on it with this setup I was quite surprised at the flavour I got from it.

@Paul33

I love my BB. Mainly for its pocketability, no leaking, great flavour for me on fruity menthols, nice restricted lung hit draw as @TheV says above - and for its good battery life.

(I have the DNA 60 version and the Exocet atty inside.)

I would say if those features grab you then go for it.

However, if you want a device you can tinker with (i.e. building new coils, frequent rewicking / juice changing etc) then I don't advise it because its a bit of a schlepp to do that. Much easier on a conventional RDA/mod or on a RDA/squonker.

The pocketability and no-nonsense attributes are the best for me.
@Silver im not a fan of tinkering and building and wicking all the time. Once I’m happy it stays put!!

I’m saying that I do have the rda’s and rta’s to fiddle with and chop and change if I want!

The flavor is fantastic with the right atty and the right build. I will definitely recommend you invest in a Exocet straight off the bat.

It does sound like the draw should be to your liking.

It is in portability that this thing really shines though. It's the only piece of gear I take out of the house on a regular basis.
I think it’s the portability that I’m after. I’m a buyer in the scrap metal industry so I’m ALWAYS on the road or on site. It’s perfect for my pocket and for driving!

What is it like with the commercial coils?

The flavour is more a function of the atty inside and the coil you put in.
I do think that the small chamber of the Exocet - combined with my RiaanRed fused clapton 2.5mm ID coil is giving me very good flavour. Its rich and dense. Quite amazing actually. When I first took a toot on it with this setup I was quite surprised at the flavour I got from it.
I’ve always preferred flavour over clouds!

I think it’s the portability that I’m after. I’m a buyer in the scrap metal industry so I’m ALWAYS on the road or on site. It’s perfect for my pocket and for driving!

What is it like with the commercial coils?
Then I'm even more convinced that it is something that you have to at least try :)

Unfortunately I have no experience with commercial coils on the BB. A friend of mine has used Kanger coils on it before and he was pleased with the results but that is very subjective

I can’t say I have any experience with this one, but it’s that time of year when gifting yourself is especially appropriate, so I say doo eet! ;)

I have recently started using the 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils in a BB with fruity juices and am quite impressed. More than good enough.

I'm thinking the same thing. Unfortunately can only afford the sxk if I get one.

I'm thinking the same thing. Unfortunately can only afford the sxk if I get one.
The SXK is a great place to start. I have an authentic now but only because I found enough love for the BB while using the SXK.
My friend has 4 clones and I vape on them from time to time and really enjoy the experience.
Authentic is best but the clone is definitely worth it if the budget is a bit tight :D

I can’t say I have any experience with this one, but it’s that time of year when gifting yourself is especially appropriate, so I say doo eet! ;)
This is my thinking!

My wife has already said I’m not getting anything vape related for Christmas cause she’s bored of buying them now so it’s up to me!

Then I'm even more convinced that it is something that you have to at least try :)

Unfortunately I have no experience with commercial coils on the BB. A friend of mine has used Kanger coils on it before and he was pleased with the results but that is very subjective
I might start with the commercial coils and see where I end but I know me and curiosity will win and I’ll end up building and experimenting!

With kids and Christmas and school holidays it’ll definitely be the sxk but I hear good things so it’s cool!

@Paul33 - I have quite a few mods, but for convenience and performance, I always find myself with a BB in my pocket. The SXK version with an SXK EXOCET is a great place to start. My BB journey started and progressed similar to @TheV and now I have 3 authentic BBs with the 3 top attys: Flow, Exocet and Insider. So the SXKs was like girlfriends - and now the authentic are like wifes.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

@Paul33 - I have quite a few mods, but for convenience and performance, I always find myself with a BB in my pocket. The SXK version with an SXK EXOCET is a great place to start. My BB journey started and progressed similar to @TheV and now I have 3 authentic BBs with the 3 top attys: Flow, Exocet and Insider. So the SXKs was like girlfriends - and now the authentic are like wifes.

Sent by iDad's iPhone
Lol, and third time is always a charm.

Just you can have three BB's at the same time... wives, well that is a different story.

Regards

So I pulled out my kangertech top box mini and put the rba in to get a 'feeling' of restricted dtl. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier. I love it.
Now the hunt starts :)

Sent by iDad's iPhone
Thanks @RenaldoRheeder

I think that is where I’m gonna start too and see where my journey takes me.

Back