Uwell crown tank with RBA section

Christos

Reonaut
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
LV

Awards
I see the crown tank is getting very little attention on this forum.
First impressing are rather good.
The tank used a quarts glass piece and it comes with a spare one in the box. This is a big thing for me because I have broken glass tanks before and struggled to get a replacement timeously.

The second bonus is the tank can use either pre purchased coils in varying coils and resistance which makes the tank noob friendly or you can buy the seperate rba coil.
The third bonus is top fill or bottom fill depending on your preference.

I want to focus on the rba base as that is what I am using at the moment. I do believe the stock coils are awesome but I prefer to build coils myself and honestly I'm scared to like a pre built coil because I want to believe I can do a better job myself.

I have done the following:
Single coil
.51 ohms
3mm ID
6 wraps
316L SS 26 AWG
Cotton bacon v2

Firstly coil built and dry fired to get out any cold spots.
2015-12-31 00.24.07.jpg 2015-12-31 00.24.23.jpg
Secondly used a piece of cotton bacon as is out the pack. Minor trimming to get it through the coil.
2015-12-31 00.24.41.jpg 2015-12-31 00.25.02.jpg

Thirdly note the length I cut the wick.
2015-12-31 00.25.18.jpg

I used the S method for wicking. I have tried shorter lengths of wick but it ends up leaking more than I like. I say leaking here because all tanks tend to leak but I like to clean the catch cup daily and shorter wicks mean cleaning daily as opposed to every 3 days or so.
2015-12-31 00.25.32.jpg
Fit the RBA top piece and print the coil.
I used hazeworks agent orange here because the tank is supprisingly good with flavour and the orange seems to shine with higher watts.

2015-12-31 00.25.57.jpg

Fill the tank and off to vape bliss!
2015-12-31 00.26.12.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-12-31 00.25.44.jpg
    2015-12-31 00.25.44.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
just trying out the crown right now, leaked few drops when filling from the top, but it a smooth vape! such a good tank

just trying out the crown right now, leaked few drops when filling from the top, but it a smooth vape! such a good tank
Are you using the stock coils or the rebuildable base?

stock coil. rebuildable base have same problem when I put from the top. but if i put from the bottom it is fine... not leaking at all

stock coil. rebuildable base have same problem when I put from the top. but if i put from the bottom it is fine... not leaking at all
I haven't tried bottom filing yet :D

well, if you use top filling and it has not leak from the airhole, then it is good. i have not tried the third time because I burn myself with the oil on second try. so I will stay with bottom open

well, if you use top filling and it has not leak from the airhole, then it is good. i have not tried the third time because I burn myself with the oil on second try. so I will stay with bottom open
Well I went through 20ml in the tank yesterday and when I cleaned it there was about 1ml in the base.
So for convinience I will probably use the top fill for a while.

There should be 0 leaking on top fill with stock coils.

This is currently the most hardcore flavor tank ive tried. Some juices cant even go in mine because they become too intense.

Currently on the .25 stock coil.

What the base looks like after 1 full tank with the build above. Some mild condensation only. 2015-12-31 10.27.40.jpg

I see the crown tank is getting very little attention on this forum.
First impressing are rather good.
The tank used a quarts glass piece and it comes with a spare one in the box. This is a big thing for me because I have broken glass tanks before and struggled to get a replacement timeously.

The second bonus is the tank can use either pre purchased coils in varying coils and resistance which makes the tank noob friendly or you can buy the seperate rba coil.
The third bonus is top fill or bottom fill depending on your preference.

I want to focus on the rba base as that is what I am using at the moment. I do believe the stock coils are awesome but I prefer to build coils myself and honestly I'm scared to like a pre built coil because I want to believe I can do a better job myself.

I have done the following:
Single coil
.51 ohms
3mm ID
6 wraps
316L SS 26 AWG
Cotton bacon v2

Firstly coil built and dry fired to get out any cold spots.
View attachment 42096 View attachment 42095
Secondly used a piece of cotton bacon as is out the pack. Minor trimming to get it through the coil.
View attachment 42094 View attachment 42093

Thirdly note the length I cut the wick.
View attachment 42092

I used the S method for wicking. I have tried shorter lengths of wick but it ends up leaking more than I like. I say leaking here because all tanks tend to leak but I like to clean the catch cup daily and shorter wicks mean cleaning daily as opposed to every 3 days or so.
View attachment 42091
Fit the RBA top piece and print the coil.
I used hazeworks agent orange here because the tank is supprisingly good with flavour and the orange seems to shine with higher watts.

View attachment 42089

Fill the tank and off to vape bliss!
View attachment 42088

I've had endless hassles with this RBA and just never could get it working. The "S" method of wicking appears to be the best.
@MorneW helped me yesterday and it has been solid, no dry hits anymore!

Keeping the Crown again :D

Just a side note : The Crown RBA is a lot like the TFV4 Mini RBA - you have to pack it with more cotton than you would normally think is correct. If you under wick it, it doesn't work. Throw common sense out and just add a little more, it should be tight in the coil but just tight enough that it goes through with a bit of effort, not too much that you move the coil.

Leave a little extra length to form the S and it is happy to go.

I just wanted to mention that this tank is extremely easy to take apart.
I have had tanks where it's almost impossible to unscrew a portion because I tightened it a tad too much.
The uwell crown it buttery smooth and the grip on all the sections is wonderful.

So I just popped in the pre made .5 ohm stock coil. Primed it with some milky way from foggs famous sauce.
Currently running at 20W with temp protection at 200 degrees Celsius.

This coil and tank is a winner!
I'm getting flavour that was soft in the cyclone that is sharp and delicious in the crown.
I mean the wick hasn't settled yet but this flavour is what I would expect from a dripper.
At 50 watts this thing has decent flavor and clouds for days!

What do you guys at the temp protection at? @SAVapeGear what is your current watts and temp at?

I haven't use mine in temp mode.

I have used it once on temp mode on my sx mini.Think I was at 245c and 55W.

But my sweet spot in power mode is between 50 and 65w

I haven't use mine in temp mode.

I have used it once on temp mode on my sx mini.Think I was at 245c and 55W.

But my sweet spot in power mode is between 50 and 65w
It seems to cut out every so often and say temp protected at 50w and 250 degrees C.
I think it's the SS temp curve that I need to mess with.

I did switch the temp protection off while using the rba base and that resulted in an almost dry hit :D

Thanks. I got the SS curve from steamcrave but I'll check if it differs this evening.

Can we post that link in this thread?
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/reuleaux-dna-200-help.t18049/

Also do you rinse the stock coils regularly?
Did you also remember to adjust the preheat punch?

It is set to 200w by default.

I don't rinse my stock coils. Only once close to the end and then I also use a earbud to clean the wire a little.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Did you also remember to adjust the preheat punch?

It is set to 200w by default.

I don't rinse my stock coils. Only once close to the end and then I also use a earbud to clean the wire a little.

Yup, I p put it on soft and set it to 45W.

Just try it in normal power mode. 55W

I agree.It must be the SS curve setting.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...&usp=sharing&tid=0B0uqr_CFVmx6dzJZN3paazFzUkU

There is some CSV files here
With the temp off at 55W it's a little hour for me. Still good.
I prefer the luke warm consistency when the temp protection kicks in. Nice warmish vape for a second at 50W then it drops to 35W to keep the temp below 250 and then pulse around keeping the temp at around 240 degrees Celsius.

With the temp off at 55W it's a little hour for me. Still good.
I prefer the luke warm consistency when the temp protection kicks in. Nice warmish vape for a second at 50W then it drops to 35W to keep the temp below 250 and then pulse around keeping the temp at around 240 degrees Celsius.
If you like it hot. Try 70w to 80w in power mode

If you like it hot. Try 70w to 80w in power mode

I think I'll pass :GODZILLA:
Was reading that I should try 304SS profile from steamcrave.
Some people prefer it to the 316L curve and some don't.

Hi guys, can someone post a pic of their crowns rba build, because I've rebuilt the rba atleast 15 times and I'm still getting dry hits. I've tried every way I can think of to try build it and it's still not working

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back