Uwell crown tank with RBA section

@MorneW I tried the S wick yesterday but still getting endless dry hits. Tried it on a 2.4 and 3mm ID.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm not even pushing the coils too hard, my rx200 is set at 24 watts. I've tried nickel, kanthal and SS

I was using 60/40 but changed over 70/30 juice when it ran out. But I don't think that would make a huge difference

I helped @Nimatek with his and it worked like a champ. We pretty much chain vaped a half a tank without any issues. I think we built 3mm in his and it was fantastic. Juice we tested with was 70/30.

Ok cool I'll try it again. Does it really matter if I use a 2.4 or 3mm ID

Ok cool I'll try it again. Does it really matter if I use a 2.4 or 3mm ID

I used a 3mm ID as well.
I got almost dry hits when I took the temp protection off.

My instinct treks me there is way too much cotton in there when I built it but I did try a lot less cotton and I did get leaking.

Yeah I either get dry hits from too much cotton or I get crazy leaks from too little

We ran triple twisted 28 in power mode. Cotton must push against chimney and completely cover holes. And cotton was nice and snug in coil

We ran triple twisted 28 in power mode. Cotton must push against chimney and completely cover holes. And cotton was nice and snug in coil
You guys must just remember that you can't run high wattages on the RBA.

I did a clapton on mine and could only push it to 38W max.

Cotton have to be snug but not to snug.

You will never get the same vape of the RBA as the stock coils.

It is all trial and error.Same as any RTA and RBA.

I have never used the S wicking method.

And always position the coil as low as possible.

I will try less cotton in progressive builds but I am enjoying the stock coils. I hate stock coils but these are really something to write home about.

The stock coils are just the best and they do last long.I get a month on one coil when I run it at 50W.

After about 3 weeks,I rinse the coil and clean the SS wire with an earbud and it is good to go again.

The stock coils are just the best and they do last long.I get a month on one coil when I run it at 50W.

After about 3 weeks,I rinse the coil and clean the SS wire with an earbud and it is good to go again.
I also like to bundle a coil with a juice. I like to use one coil for one juice.

It last very long this way.

So I would take the coil out and tie it to the juice bottle in a small little zip lock bag.

So that a coil is always paired with the juice. Lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So the SS304 profile for the DNA 200 is way way closer to just power mode with no dry hits.
It is hot and it is flavoursome on the Uwell stock coils. 250 degrees Celcius and 50 Watts is a winner.
I read somewhere that the coil legs might be nickel but I cannot confirm this.

3mm ID
26 awg SS
9 wraps
.56 ohms
Cotton bacon v2

Airflow is amazing and flavour is rather good.
Running at 45W with temp protecting.
2016-01-29 12.43.14.jpg 2016-01-29 12.42.57.jpg 2016-01-29 12.42.38.jpg 2016-01-29 12.42.23.jpg

I see the crown tank is getting very little attention on this forum.
First impressing are rather good.
The tank used a quarts glass piece and it comes with a spare one in the box. This is a big thing for me because I have broken glass tanks before and struggled to get a replacement timeously.

The second bonus is the tank can use either pre purchased coils in varying coils and resistance which makes the tank noob friendly or you can buy the seperate rba coil.
The third bonus is top fill or bottom fill depending on your preference.

I want to focus on the rba base as that is what I am using at the moment. I do believe the stock coils are awesome but I prefer to build coils myself and honestly I'm scared to like a pre built coil because I want to believe I can do a better job myself.

I have done the following:
Single coil
.51 ohms
3mm ID
6 wraps
316L SS 26 AWG
Cotton bacon v2

Firstly coil built and dry fired to get out any cold spots.
View attachment 42096 View attachment 42095
Secondly used a piece of cotton bacon as is out the pack. Minor trimming to get it through the coil.
View attachment 42094 View attachment 42093

Thirdly note the length I cut the wick.
View attachment 42092

I used the S method for wicking. I have tried shorter lengths of wick but it ends up leaking more than I like. I say leaking here because all tanks tend to leak but I like to clean the catch cup daily and shorter wicks mean cleaning daily as opposed to every 3 days or so.
View attachment 42091
Fit the RBA top piece and print the coil.
I used hazeworks agent orange here because the tank is supprisingly good with flavour and the orange seems to shine with higher watts.

View attachment 42089

Fill the tank and off to vape bliss!
View attachment 42088
I bought myself this tank this morning based on all the positive reviews on some overseas sites :)
haven't tried it yet, probably only tonight, will be using the standard stock coils though.

I bought myself this tank this morning based on all the positive reviews on some overseas sites :)
haven't tried it yet, probably only tonight, will be using the standard stock coils though.

Please take the time to break them in very carefully. (The stock coils)
There is a great youtube video here.
Well broken in crown coils last ages and they have the best flavor in the market.

This tank guzzles but it makes nice clouds and has nice flavour.
I believe this tank is rated higher than the aromamizer and bellus internationally.

The stock coils are very good. Just prime them well. I would probably use this tank with stock coils only of the coils were cheaper.

I think for the RBA section 4mm ID would be better as 3mm is still not as airy as the stock coils.
My aim is to get the RBA section working better than the stock coils :D

This tank guzzles but it makes nice clouds and has nice flavour.
I believe this tank is rated higher than the aromamizer and bellus internationally.

The stock coils are very good. Just prime them well. I would probably use this tank with stock coils only of the coils were cheaper.
I believe so too from everything I've read :)

Ill def do that, thanks @Christos

you won't regret it.... I have just received my second Crown, I am convinced 100%. This is an excellent atty.

Btw, I am just using the ready made coils for it, these last a long time and have outstanding flavour and vapour production.

For supplies.... FastTech has the authentic coils for 8,64$, ordered some as well.

The stock coils really last long and it is worth the money.
I replaced my first NI200 last night, I guess I got about 30 tanks out of it. Obviously it all depends on the liquids.... in this one I had the whole range of my favourite liquids. Some of them do kill the coils in my FeV...

Back