Vaporesso Gemini CCell wonders and blunders

Thanks for the nice comments @Silver. But "The Big Box" is full with no more room for gear buys I won't use and I'm on the verge of retiring from the Big $penders Club.

Thanks for the nice comments @Silver. But "The Big Box" is full with no more room for gear buys I won't use and I'm on the verge of retiring from the Big $penders Club.
@Spydro I respectfully disliked that post :) dont do it... We need you Haha.

Hi uncle @Rob Fisher .
Just wanted to find out if you got to try those coils that came with the gemini on the melo 3?
Thanks

Hi uncle @Rob Fisher .
Just wanted to find out if you got to try those coils that came with the gemini on the melo 3?
Thanks

I haven't as yet... will have to dig out the boxes and look for dem coils sometime... all three of my Melo III's are operational at the moment... but will try and remember to dig for them tomorrow.

There is little doubt that the answer for ceramics right now is either of the two Melo III tanks (Mini or standard) with the new Vaporesso 0.9Ω cCell. None of the Sub Tank coils come close and the other flavours of the cCell coils also leave you wanting... With my REO's and Melo tanks I could be happy forever... however I have three new tanks in bound next week for testing one of which is the new Vaporesso Target Pro.
View attachment 55885
I put a new 0.9 Ccell in my melo III 4ml tank and if was vaping great however after I refilled it, the draw got tighter and the flavor wasn't as good as before. Is this the airlock problem that I've seen some guys get? If so, is there any solution to this?

I put a new 0.9 Ccell in my melo III 4ml tank and if was vaping great however after I refilled it, the draw got tighter and the flavor wasn't as good as before. Is this the airlock problem that I've seen some guys get? If so, is there any solution to this?

I haven't found a solution other than to open the juice fill cap to allow for the release of the airlock. BUT and it's BIG BUT... when you are finished vaping tighten the cap down otherwise the juice will dump all over your mod...

I haven't found a solution other than to open the juice fill cap to allow for the release of the airlock. BUT and it's BIG BUT... when you are finished vaping tighten the cap down otherwise the juice will dump all over your mod...
Thanks for that, I had mine open for the past hour, luckily it didn't dump the juice. Does this airlock go away after a while or does it stay?

I found the airlock present initially but, I have the SS coils.
Switching to temp control has sorted things out for me.

Thanks for that, I had mine open for the past hour, luckily it didn't dump the juice. Does this airlock go away after a while or does it stay?

I fight with airlocks on my Melo III 4ml and the Gemini! So damn frustrating... haven't played with TC...

Guys, been following this thread with a lot of interest as am in UK at moment and can get the ceramic coils with no stress, but having read the posts here I think I shall stick to a roll of kanthal and a small blue screwdriver. Seems like a great deal of hassle with no guarantees of a big improvement on the manual coil building aspect of things. Am sure many of you may disagree, but I do not have the budget to waste on gear that is hit and miss.

Guys, been following this thread with a lot of interest as am in UK at moment and can get the ceramic coils with no stress, but having read the posts here I think I shall stick to a roll of kanthal and a small blue screwdriver. Seems like a great deal of hassle with no guarantees of a big improvement on the manual coil building aspect of things. Am sure many of you may disagree, but I do not have the budget to waste on gear that is hit and miss.

The problem is the cCell produces the most wonderful flavour! Get a Pico with mini Melo III tank and some 0.9Ω cCell coils!

Are the .9 ohm coils SS or Kanthal?
If you are using the pico and your coils are SS just press the fire button 3 times quickly and select temperature SS.
Once in temp mode take it to about 230 degrees Celsius and give that a try.

I fight with airlocks on my Melo III 4ml and the Gemini! So damn frustrating... haven't played with TC...

After all you've been through and you're still having issues sux.

Just the opposite for me.

I bought an iStick Pico/Melo 3 mini kit and with that I bought two 0.5ohm SS ceramic coils. I made a special 50/50 mix just to ensure the coil wicks properly. Primed the coil, popped it in the tank and filled the tank up. I waited about 20 minutes before I took my first pull. Gradually upped the wattage from 15 watts. I vaped it in wattage mode. After a few tanks of that 50/50 mix I thought I’d try out some of my other VG heavy juices. That coil had no problem keeping up, even with OHW 80/20 blends. The flavour I got from this coil and tank was the best flavour I’ve ever experienced. And I’ve been through a lot of RDA’s and RTA’s through my vaping journey.

All that was short lived as after a week or so I started getting dry hits… Tried new coils, tried the 0.9 ohm coils from the new batch and still nothing can come close to the vape I got from that first coil.

Now I’m just chasing hopelessly to get that perfect vape again.

I bought an iStick Pico/Melo 3 mini kit and with that I bought two 0.5ohm SS ceramic coils. I made a special 50/50 mix just to ensure the coil wicks properly. Primed the coil, popped it in the tank and filled the tank up. I waited about 20 minutes before I took my first pull. Gradually upped the wattage from 15 watts. I vaped it in wattage mode. After a few tanks of that 50/50 mix I thought I’d try out some of my other VG heavy juices. That coil had no problem keeping up, even with OHW 80/20 blends. The flavour I got from this coil and tank was the best flavour I’ve ever experienced. And I’ve been through a lot of RDA’s and RTA’s through my vaping journey.

All that was short lived as after a week or so I started getting dry hits… Tried new coils, tried the 0.9 ohm coils from the new batch and still nothing can come close to the vape I got from that first coil.

Now I’m just chasing hopelessly to get that perfect vape again.
so similar to my experience. I'm chasing that performance of my first 0.9. never experienced anything even close to that flavor before or since. and that's the most dangerous thing ever because i just know that until i get it again nothing is going to satisfy me!

have a bunch of new coils that i have high hopes for. just waiting for my elusive new mod to be delivered (hopefully today or tomorrow) before i pop my tank on and give it a try. will keep you updated.

so similar to my experience. I'm chasing that performance of my first 0.9. never experienced anything even close to that flavor before or since. and that's the most dangerous thing ever because i just know that until i get it again nothing is going to satisfy me!

have a bunch of new coils that i have high hopes for. just waiting for my elusive new mod to be delivered (hopefully today or tomorrow) before i pop my tank on and give it a try. will keep you updated.
You guys are starting to sound like drug addicts.

Has anybody tried the SS coils in temp control?
I find it hard to believe that nobody has tried this yet.

Will give it a go too

Exactly! Now that I know what juice can actually taste like, I wont stop until I find that perfect coil again. lol. And the problem is, you try and solve all the variables but non of them are constant. What's the best ccell tank? Is this a good batch of coils? Will they wick fine in the tank?
Like now i have a feeling that mzybe it's the melo 3 mini tank that's the problem. But out of 6 coils one worked flawlessly.
For 10 days. lol.

Looking forward to your feedback @Jakey.. Will make a special dua for you at iftaar

I feel like a drug addict!! Chasing that first pure hit!! Hahahaha..

Unfortunately I've only tried the failed coils in TC. Hits temp control almost immediately.

There is little doubt that the answer for ceramics right now is either of the two Melo III tanks (Mini or standard) with the new Vaporesso 0.9Ω cCell. None of the Sub Tank coils come close and the other flavours of the cCell coils also leave you wanting... With my REO's and Melo tanks I could be happy forever... however I have three new tanks in bound next week for testing one of which is the new Vaporesso Target Pro.
View attachment 55885
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these Rob, They look too pretty :D

Exactly! Now that I know what juice can actually taste like, I wont stop until I find that perfect coil again. lol. And the problem is, you try and solve all the variables but non of them are constant. What's the best ccell tank? Is this a good batch of coils? Will they wick fine in the tank?
Like now i have a feeling that mzybe it's the melo 3 mini tank that's the problem. But out of 6 coils one worked flawlessly.
For 10 days. lol.

Looking forward to your feedback @Jakey.. Will make a special dua for you at iftaar
haha shot, thanks man. Well with the Gemini I'm convinced that this is what happened...... the tank was fine, until i put the coil in. the coil worked perfectly. but the coil messed up the threading on the tank. now there's an airlock that cant be rectified. so i feel like there's a design flaw in both the tank and coil.

This hasn't happened in the target. maybe the threads are more forgiving.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. i know that in reality that is not the case. but I'm adding all of these variables to the mix to justify the continued trial and error method.

Replying here to a post from the "what's in your hand" thread as the better place to do so.

Yip the airlock issue is a boggler... I don't see much reported around the globe... but it sure is a airlock issue... I wonder if the airlock issue only appears after the cCell gets a bit bunged up with use? Even my new ORC tank gets an airlock.... and this only came after a week of use so maybe it's a cCell issue after major use?

Can only suggest from my own experience with the cCell's and their tanks... and it is the complete opposite of yours and those of some other folks. None of the Target, Gemini or Melo tanks I've used them in has ever air locked or dumped the liquids. Not to be a drol, but it's like something is being done different that causes the air lock. I have never used any of the cCell's/coils that came with the tanks except the Vaporesso 0.9Ω cCells that apparently have been from newer runs of them. The other coils from Vaporesso and Melo that were installed or sent as spares were never used at all, simply removed, set aside and a new Vaporesso 0.9Ω cCell was installed for the first use of the tanks. Not a single bad 0.9Ω cCell has ever been found yet, and none of them in service has needed to be replaced yet despite some of them having been in service for almost 3 months that have seen up to well over a 100 tanks of use in that time. Some of that maybe because I dedicate each cCell to just one liquid... some because I don't push them as hard maybe with at least 5 mods being used all the time in every rotation so the cCell tanks do not get hot. And with some of those running cCells being ran well below max wattage for the cCells because that is what some of the liquids like best, those the highest is at 30W. I have also from soon after the start used more 100% VG juice in them than not without any of the elaborate voodoo priming rituals followed at first. Just fill the tank, take a few long no power draws, flick the tank to release air bubbles from the cCell and after a couple of minutes to let the juice get into the ceramic a couple more no power draws and flicks then vape. I tried and stopped as not needed dripping a couple of drops right down into the top of the cCell. Only other things I do is when I refill a tank I swab out the top of the chimney and the cap with a Q-Tip to remove any liquid that has collected there because it appears to be a bit darker colored so cooked some, and occasionally remove the cCell, wash out the entire tank and lightly rinse the cCell, shake mostly dry, reinstall the cCell then refill. Takes far less time to do than it took to tell.

Back