What did you Mix today?

If you like Green Tea Kit Kat, there is also a Pistachio Kit Kat based on the same recipe.

@rogue zombie, I take it you don't have TFA or get pepper from it? From my limited experience, the two are fairly interchangeable. I mixed Wayne's Peppermint Bark with TFA instead of the FW he used and it was a banger.

@HvNDhF, there is an interesting Reddit discussion around reducing the percentages in the Monster Melons juice you mixed. The general consensus is that the original is a bit over-flavoured and you get the same (or better) result by dropping the percentages. A couple of mixers give their alternative versions.

I would always use alltheflavors.com instead of ELR as recipes tend to be a lot more current and designed for the better gear we have now. A good rule of thumb is to look at the date on which the recipe was first published. If it's 2015 or earlier, there is a good chance that the recipe will be over-flavoured.

Another red flag is if a recipe uses a flavour at 10% or more. In all the recipes he has ever released, Wayne has never hit 10% on any flavour. Iirc the highest he has ever gone was 7 or 8%. That's not to say that older recipes are bad, they were excellent for the time and probably still good now. But if you can get the same or better results using less flavouring, why use up your flavours faster and spend more? Cost savings is a huge factor in DIY and current recipes are designed to attain peak flavour in current gear at modest percentages.

If you like Green Tea Kit Kat, there is also a Pistachio Kit Kat based on the same recipe.

@rogue zombie, I take it you don't have TFA or get pepper from it? From my limited experience, the two are fairly interchangeable. I mixed Wayne's Peppermint Bark with TFA instead of the FW he used and it was a banger.

@HvNDhF, there is an interesting Reddit discussion around reducing the percentages in the Monster Melons juice you mixed. The general consensus is that the original is a bit over-flavoured and you get the same (or better) result by dropping the percentages. A couple of mixers give their alternative versions.

I would always use alltheflavors.com instead of ELR as recipes tend to be a lot more current and designed for the better gear we have now. A good rule of thumb is to look at the date on which the recipe was first published. If it's 2015 or earlier, there is a good chance that the recipe will be over-flavoured.

Another red flag is if a recipe uses a flavour at 10% or more. In all the recipes he has ever released, Wayne has never hit 10% on any flavour. Iirc the highest he has ever gone was 7 or 8%. That's not to say that older recipes are bad, they were excellent for the time and probably still good now. But if you can get the same or better results using less flavouring, why use up your flavours faster and spend more? Cost savings is a huge factor in DIY and current recipes are designed to attain peak flavour in current gear at modest percentages.
I do agree 100%. I guess thats part of trail and error when you are a DIY noob hey. Haha. I will definately look at those. Luckily I only mixed 30mls so it wont be major should I need to remix. Looking at the date is something I never thought of but your and Rude Dudi's explainations makes 100% sense.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No I just saw one of the comments said it's better with FW.

I don't particularly like TFA White Choc, but I don't get pepper.

Mixed up two new (for me) biscuits today:
Boogenshizzle's Super Biscuit v1
DaddyKane91's Ooey Gooey v2

Two biscuits. What can I say, I'm a bakery fiend.

And then, just for a change of pace, I mixed Krucial's The C-Goat. He sells it as the Custard - Greatest Of All Time, hence the acronym in the recipe name. That is a pretty lofty claim but it's Krucial so it's likely to be good.

Last edited:
Yesterday I mixed enyawreklaw's Blackout and I'm a bit dissapointed. Lol. It is amazingly nutty and quite good, but I just can't help thinking its missing something. I may be experimenting with this one...

I also mixed up HIC's Caramel Eggnog and a homebrew Black Cherry Ice Cream today

Yesterday I mixed enyawreklaw's Blackout and I'm a bit dissapointed. Lol. It is amazingly nutty and quite good, but I just can't help thinking its missing something. I may be experimenting with this one...

I also mixed up HIC's Caramel Eggnog and a homebrew Black Cherry Ice Cream today

Perhaps it needs steeping even though i see it sees only overnight steep?

Did you sub any of the concentrates or did you use the exact brands he used?

Everything exact. It is pretty good, it's not horrible in any way, but like I said, it just seems like it needs something. I'm not sure what exactly, but I'm thinking it may need a bit of sharpness, a bit of a jammy fruit maybe?

Its the first time I've tried this so it may improve with a bit more steeping, I'd be interested to hear what others who have made this think.

Everything exact. It is pretty good, it's not horrible in any way, but like I said, it just seems like it needs something. I'm not sure what exactly, but I'm thinking it may need a bit of sharpness, a bit of a jammy fruit maybe?

Its the first time I've tried this so it may improve with a bit more steeping, I'd be interested to hear what others who have made this think.

It may just not be to your liking - nothing wrong with the recipe... These things happen - some love God Milk, some can't stand it / that's the way life goes.

I have made Blackout before and liked it - not mad about it but acceptable.

Two things on the Peanut butter:

You have to shake the concentrate properly before mixing. It is one of the few that you have to shake vigorously prior to mixing.

Secondly, and important, as per Wayne:
The ONLY problem with TFA PB is that depending on which batch you get, it could be stronger or weaker, so adjust your % to taste.
This flavoring is very inconsistent for some reason.

Perhaps one of these two elements worked against you. Make a another 10ml batch, shake the PB, adjust and it may just turn out better for you. If it doesn't, it may just not be for you. Give it to a mate or toss it...

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may just not be to your liking - nothing wrong with the recipe... These things happen - some love God Milk, some can't stand it / that's the way life goes.

I have made Blackout before and liked it - not mad about it but acceptable.

Two things on the Peanut butter:

You have to shake the concentrate properly before mixing. It is one of the few that you have to shake vigorously prior to mixing.

Secondly, and important, as per Wayne:
The ONLY problem with TFA PB is that depending on which batch you get, it could be stronger or weaker, so adjust your % to taste.
This flavoring is very inconsistent for some reason.

Perhaps one of these two elements worked against you. Make a another 10ml batch, shake the PB, adjust and it may just turn out better for you. If it doesn't, it may just not be for you. Give it to a mate or toss it...

Good luck!

That makes sense actually. I think it may be the PB that is drowning everything else out. I was hoping it would settle with more steeping and round out the flavour more. Its almost a bit flat and one dimensional, you can get a slight hint of the other flavours if you look hard, but its very heavy on the peanut. I just thought that was how it was supposed to be lol.

I will leave it for a week or three and see what happens. If all else fails I'll try and add that sharpness I was thinking about.

Any suggestions for a jammy type fruit that would work with this?

The conventional response would be strawberry. Fresh03 would go with FA Red Touch and Strawb Ripe as per his Mixathon recipe, Manson would go with Shisha and Flv Strawberry as per his PB&Jam Cookie.

Like Rudi, I have made Blackout and thought it was OK without being stellar. I'm not sure I would add anything to it. I have had a couple of PB vapes without being knocked out by any of them. I don't think it's my type of vape.

After vape mail, I mixed up a couple of goodies last night:

Notorious - A modern classic by NotCharlesManson. Papaya heaven...
In a Godda Da Vida - "a blend chosen from the fresh, fantastical, and abundant Garden of Eden"
Coop's Kiwi "Cheesecake" -a most delicious graham cereal topped with kiwi
Water-malone (LIve Mixing: SUMMERTIME RECIPES) - An "excellent sweet watermelon vape"

Water-malone (LIve Mixing: SUMMERTIME RECIPES) - I am looking at adding this to my mix list, but I notice that it uses FLV Watermelon (3%). I have TFA & PUR Watermelon and FA Watermelon Red Summer in my stock. From what I have read I got the impression that PUR Watermelon might be a great flavor. Do you think I can substitute this in the recipe and could I keep it at the same %?

I would sub with the PUR at 5-6%. But that's just me. However, I would only mix up a 20ml, I wouldn't bet the farm on the sub working and mix 150ml of it. If it works, great - I've saved myself having to buy Flv Watermelon when I already have several watermelons. If it doesn't work, I've lost 20ml of juice. If it sorta works with PUR but you really really want the profile and feel that Flv will make all the difference, then you can buy the Flv. The sub hasn't been a waste. If nothing else, you now have experience of how using PUR instead of Flv works in a mix, and how it changes the taste.

Water-malone (LIve Mixing: SUMMERTIME RECIPES) - I am looking at adding this to my mix list, but I notice that it uses FLV Watermelon (3%). I have TFA & PUR Watermelon and FA Watermelon Red Summer in my stock. From what I have read I got the impression that PUR Watermelon might be a great flavor. Do you think I can substitute this in the recipe and could I keep it at the same %?

Mmm...tough one. The PUR watermelon has a different taste profile and will taste slightly different from the original. If that's all you have, use the PUR and 3-4% should do the trick.

Trying to use up concentrates that have not moved for ages and also keeping my rotation on track.
Over the last three days mixed up 1250ml, which includes 170ml of preblends.

Recipe Calculator report feature is handy for this

Name Last Made Amt
Apple Bac from blend 15/09/2017 20
Black Death from blend 15/09/2017 20
Bohannon's Boots V2 16/09/2017 20
CLY Apple Teezer 15/09/2017 10
CLY Black Grape 17/09/2017 50
CLY Bluecherry 17/09/2017 50
CLY Bubblegum 16/09/2017 50
CLY Buddha blend 17/09/2017 30
CLY Coconut Milk blend 17/09/2017 30
CLY Creamy Berries 17/09/2017 100
CLY Energy Gum 16/09/2017 50
CLY Figberry 14/09/2017 20
CLY Fruit Breakfast blend 17/09/2017 30
CLY Malva Ice Cream 15/09/2017 100
CLY Mango Crack blend 17/09/2017 30
CLY Milk Tart 15/09/2017 50
CLY OMR 14/09/2017 20
CLY Orangeberry 17/09/2017 50
CLY Peanut Butter Cookies 17/09/2017 100
CLY PPN 14/09/2017 20
CLY Red Energy 16/09/2017 50
CLY RPN 14/09/2017 20
CLY Satalite blend 17/09/2017 30
CLY Sweet Spot 17/09/2017 50
Greg's CP 16/09/2017 20
Greg's R&M from blend 15/09/2017 20
Long John Silver from blend 15/09/2017 20
Night Cap Cream 17/09/2017 50
Strawvana (MMM) 17/09/2017 50
Toblerone (B) 15/09/2017 50
Touch Me blend 17/09/2017 20
Van Gogh from blend 15/09/2017 20

Grack Juice https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/9396#grack_juice_by_philosaphucker
I used Polar Blast instead of Koolada and dropped it to 0.5%
I will be mixing up more of this.

Harvestberry Cheesecake which was inspired by this recipe http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/746418/Huckleberry Cheesecake
Blueberry Wild (TFA) 0,75%
Harvest Berry (Capella) 4,00%
Marshmallow (Flavour Art) 1,00%
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TFA) 5,00%
Cream Fresh (Flavour Art) 2,00%
Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP) 1,50%
Biscuit (Inawera) 0,50%
Replaced huckleberry with harvest berry, NY cheesecake with Cheesecake graham crust/biscuit, sweet cream with fresh cream, Vanilla custard V1 with V2
This is till steeping

Mother of Dragons Milk http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1006281/Mother of Dragons Milk
This is till steeping

Sugar Cookies and Cream https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/7775#sugar_cookies_and_cream_by_chrisdvr1
This is still steeping

Sword of Truth *v2 http://vapingunderground.com/threads/sword-of-truth-v2-by-botboy141.17828/
Banana Cream TFA 0,35%
Coconut Xtra TFA 0,1%
Honeydew II TFA 1%
Orange Cream TFA 0,75%
Strawberries and Cream TFA 0,5%
Strawberry Ripe TFA 4%
Toasted Marshmallow TFA 0.5%
Vanilla Custard V2 CAP 1,2%
Vanilla Swirl 0,5
Reduced Coconut Xtra from 1% to 0.1% and increased Orange Cream to 0.75%
This is still steeping

V-God Lushice (clone) https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/54099
I used Polar Blast at 1% instead of
I'll definitely be mixing up some more of this.

Edited this post to add in the Sword of Truth remix

Last edited:
I'm itching to mix again! Sunday next week will be the day... together with @TheV ... We wanna try and mix some of our own stuff and some known recipes as well!

So I'm going to do something I've never done before and ask this horrible question... and I am almost cringing as I'm asking this...

Give me one amazing recipe please... I prefer bakeries and custards and no menthol, koolada etc or tobacco... What would you recommend??

I'm itching to mix again! Sunday next week will be the day... together with @TheV ... We wanna try and mix some of our own stuff and some known recipes as well!

So I'm going to do something I've never done before and ask this horrible question... and I am almost cringing as I'm asking this...

Give me one amazing recipe please... I prefer bakeries and custards and no menthol, koolada etc or tobacco... What would you recommend??
I can't wait :D Really looking forward to our mixing session. The concentrates have been coming in and the recipes have been stacking up.
So far there are 17 new recipes that I want to mix:
Betsy
Boosted Remix
Butter Almond Custard
Coop's Kiwi "Cheesecake"
Fizz Pop Apple
Fizz Pop Cherry
Fried Ice Cream
Fried Strawberry Donut
Groot
GuaBerry
Lychberry
Milk & Honey
Sick AF
The Real Cookies and Cream
Vanilla Almond Milk
Vurvacious Milk & Honey
Zepolla Crunch

And then we will see what else we can come up with.
The concentrate list is up to 83 :)

The 2 little chemists :)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
378286_011.jpg

Back