What To Buy

Thank you all for your responses. I am sorry if I upset anyone by getting upset. Rather than doing that I should have maybe expressed why its upsetting better. I know it is meant as harmless banter, but there is a term psychologists use to describe statements like 'thats just gay'. They term them micro-aggressions. It can seem difficult to grasp why it upsets people (and for many gays it doesn't upset them), for me it stems from my adolescence. Life is not so great when you live in a country where your sexuality is illegal (Zim) taking away your ability to stand up for yourself because you have no rights. This then is made much worse when more than once everyday (especially at high school) you hear people (wether they intend offense or not) using the same word they call you, to describe anything uncool, feminine, gaudy, or stupid. I am sorry if I came off as overreacting but I am not alone in feeling this way, in fact in UK they had an entire campaign entitled 'Homophobia is so gay' to attempt to tackle the problem in schools.
I volunteer as a counsellor for homosexual teens that are struggling with their identity, honestly one of the most common things they describe when I ask them about what makes them perceive themselves negatively is that, and I quote from a very decent young guy "the whole world thinks I am disgusting, everything they don't like they call gay!"
In the interests of not generating more negativity, I apologize and thank you all for trying to be understanding.

Continuing on the thread subject of “What to buy”? Yesterday one of my converts came to fetch his new set up… he has been on eGo-C Twist’s with mPT2’s for a month or so and he broke one of his mPT2’s so was stressing… he also wanted to upgrade…

His new set up is the 18650 route and he now has the chargers, batteries and a SID with a Nautilus on top. I filled his Nautilus with @Zodiac’s Tutti Frutti and handed him his new device.

Well it was awesome to watch is face… he was so excited about the quality of the vape and the clouds he was blowing… he is a 60 year old and he was as excited as a kid in a candy store.

His next upgrade will be a REO!

I have to say he is looking about a million times better since he gave up stinkies and now has colour in his face and isn’t wheezing and looking like he may die any minute. Of all my converts his change in health has been nothing short of unbelievable!

In the interests of not generating more negativity, I apologize and thank you all for trying to be understanding.

Amazing how we can get over issues that explode by simply apologising... it also makes us sit down and realise that some people are pretty sensitive with some issues. I’m probably desensitised to the gay issue because I have gay friends and gay staff and I’m not the most politically correct person on the planet and they all understand me and where I’m coming from.

But a very warm welcome to the forums Danny! You will find that you are amongst friends here and you will find people from all walks of life coming together to share a passion we all love!

Thank you all for your responses. I am sorry if I upset anyone by getting upset. Rather than doing that I should have maybe expressed why its upsetting better. I know it is meant as harmless banter, but there is a term psychologists use to describe statements like 'thats just gay'. They term them micro-aggressions. It can seem difficult to grasp why it upsets people (and for many gays it doesn't upset them), for me it stems from my adolescence. Life is not so great when you live in a country where your sexuality is illegal (Zim) taking away your ability to stand up for yourself because you have no rights. This then is made much worse when more than once everyday (especially at high school) you hear people (wether they intend offense or not) using the same word they call you, to describe anything uncool, feminine, gaudy, or stupid. I am sorry if I came off as overreacting but I am not alone in feeling this way, in fact in UK they had an entire campaign entitled 'Homophobia is so gay' to attempt to tackle the problem in schools.
I volunteer as a counsellor for homosexual teens that are struggling with their identity, honestly one of the most common things they describe when I ask them about what makes them perceive themselves negatively is that, and I quote from a very decent young guy "the whole world thinks I am disgusting, everything they don't like they call gay!"

Hi @Danny
Big of you to post that reply. Kudos.
I respect your comments and views.

Hi @Danny

Thank you for the response and clarity. Your point of view is valued and has given me at least a new way at looking at the use of terms that could be seen as derogitory by others.

I (as I am sure many of the forum as well) value freedom of respectful speech and respect and appreciate the way you have handled the situation with your response above. I hope you enjoy the forum going forward and see that we as a family here are not about politics or degrading any of the members but are fun loving people who share a common interest and enjoy sharing that interest with others on the forum.

Happy Vaping!

Innokin MVP, i just checked now - 4 weeks since it was sent. :-( get through a Spinner in a day? i think i charge my twisp battery and itaste vv battery twice each day.

Back