Why I am a dripper or RDA dripping junkie — 10 reasons

The "rawness" of mech mods and RDA's is what attracted me to vaping, and all I wanted to do was just dive straight into the deep end and immediately start fidgeting with wires and screws and ohms and and and !..

But I wanted to be a "pro" at all this so I started a week ago with a vw mod and tank ,, I must say it's been lots of fun and because of this forum I learnt so much.

Although clicking a button is fun from time to time, I don't think there's anything more rewarding than actually building something and enjoying it. IMO. (It's like that feeling you get after fixing something that's hasn't been working )

Plus ..what's more manly than a full beard , muscles , tattoos and dripping on a RDA mech mod with a mean look on your face .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Gersh I can relate exactly. First I enjoyed the technical / electronic side of VW mods. I feel I have reached my ceiling with all the bells and whistles, as awesome as most of these are. I never got the whole Temperature Control vibe.

Now I want to experience the rawness of a quality tube Mech mod, to enjoy the feel, the design, and the quality. I have always enjoyed handling brass and copper objects. They are life time mementos for me. Perhaps I was a coppersmith in my past life.

I have learned a few embarrassing lessons in this site by building my RDA too low on a cheap Mech tube mod and the Noisy Cricket 1. I could have hurt myself but some good folk here set me on the right track.

So now I look forward to my 2 new Real Mech mods at month end. I will pay through my ... but it will be fun and worth it in the long run. Also looking forward to pairing these with a great new RDA.

To try to emphasize the thrust of my sentiments.... I am not really a lover of TV. But I just stumbled on this show on channel 186 called "Forged in Fire". Man, I love the show. It's a competition on making ancient weaponry with scrap or salvaged steel.

This ties up with my affection for hard raw steel. Owning a piece of well fashioned metal, copper, brass or Stainless, and vaping on it just does something for me.

Just wanted to share.

To try to emphasize the thrust of my sentiments.... I am not really a lover of TV. But I just stumbled on this show on channel 186 called "Forged in Fire". Man, I love the show. It's a competition on making ancient weaponry with scrap or salvaged steel.

This ties up with my affection for hard raw steel. Owning a piece of well fashioned metal, copper, brass or Stainless, and vaping on it just does something for me.

Just wanted to share.

You better have a Sheamus on order local all the way....

Squonk = Bottom Feeding
View attachment 79391 View attachment 79392
I Own Three REO Grands, One Thereom BF (Atties: RM2's, Cyclone/Cyclops and OL16), great for out and about and dedicated to my 9/12mg Tobacco juices.
Also have a few great RDA's (Goon/Recoil/ TM) usualy for my at home after work dripping treats and DIY Juice testing.
Then my regulateds with RTA/ RDTA usualy for work and driving...
I enjoy all the aspects of vaping and each have their pro's and con's depending on your circumstances/ environment.

Very well summarised @acorn!!

This is good to hear, I'm considering getting a goon 24 clone before I buy the actual thing to try it out. You might just have pushed me even closer to doing that.

If you get the clone, and then upgrade, keep my number close, I'm caught up in the same struggle!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Did two builds today that I want to share. One on a Brass Clone Goon 22 mm. And one on the SS clone 22mm.

Brass Goon RDA 22mm

Wraps: Kanthal
ID: 3
Gauge: 20
Single or Duel: Dual parallel
Wraps: 6 1/2
Ohms: 0.12
Comments: Hits like a steam train. Had to use the thinner drip tip. All three air holes open. Warm but very satisfying vape.

IMG_2163.JPG

Goon RDA 22mm SS

Wraps: 7 1/2
Ohms: 0.13
Comments: Hits hard and full. Had to use the thinner drip tip. All three air holes open. Warm but very satisfying vape.

IMG_2164.JPG

Used both on the Tesla Invader III. I have to use setting no 1 as the vape really hits hard above that.

I could not go below 0.10 Ohms as these "Semi Mech" mods circuit boards does not allow to fire below 0.10 Ohm. But my aim was to go as low as possible and be safe.

I had great fun using such thick wire. Nothing wrong with these Goon clones!

IMG_2166.JPG

Edit

On a VW Mod, this build works great @ 35W - 40W with two air holes open. Also, the 22mm Clone Goon may be a bit small for this build, I think it will work excellently on the 24mm. Lastly, a thicker (higher percentage) VG juice is better on these coils.

Last edited:
@Eldeo Works great for me in all my RTA's. It may have something to do with the fact that I only use Dischem Organic cotton pads for all my wicking. I have spent about 2 months trying different rolling methods, eventually perfecting my own way of doing the "Scottish Roll". I call it "Scottish Viennas". These Dischem (beige color wrapping) are so cheap that you can afford to experiment. I actually had so much fun trying out different rolling methods and finally finding my sweet spot.

Just a friendly pointer. On vaping forums some readers don't like the word "smoking", but big ups to you if you are happy "vaping" on your happy place coils and wicks.

aaha! Will try them out, thanks for the tip. :) Maybe you could make a vid showing us how to do your method. What diameter is your coil and how many wraps, ohms etc? Would like to try it out if it's .35 or below in ohms.
Will remember that about the word "smoking", it shows how "tar sticks" have affected my brain chemistry.

Did two builds today that I want to share. One on a Brass Clone Goon 22 mm. And one on the SS clone 22mm.

Brass Goon RDA 22mm

Wraps: 6 1/2
Ohms: 0.12
Comments: Hits like a steam train. Had to use the thinner drip tip. All three air holes open. Warm but very satisfying vape.

View attachment 79587

Goon RDA 22mm SS

Wraps: 7 1/2
Ohms: 0.13
Comments: Hits hard and full. Had to use the thinner drip tip. All three air holes open. Warm but very satisfying vape.

View attachment 79588

Used both on the Tesla Invader III. I have to use setting no 1 as the vape really hits hard above that.

I could not go below 0.10 Ohms as these "Semi Mech" mods circuit boards does not allow to fire below 0.10 Ohm. But my aim was to go as low as possible and be safe.

I had great fun using such thick wire. Nothing wrong with these Goon clones!

View attachment 79589

Edit

On a VW Mod, this build works great @ 35W - 40W with two air holes open. Also, the 22mm Clone Goon may be a bit small for this build, I think it will work excellently on the 24mm. Lastly, a thicker (higher percentage) VG juice is better on these coils.

That doesn't look like a parallel coil. A 20g dual para would ohm out way lower to.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

That doesn't look like a parallel coil. A 20g dual para would ohm out way lower to.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
And 0.087
Respectively probably just a typo

Really neat builds on those goons

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

just played around with a tank. Made me appreciate my little squonker that much more. It. Just. Vapes.

Cotton getting a bit dry? Squonk!

No airlock issues, wicking issues, nada. Add juice, hit the fire button. Enjoy. As a squonk noob I had to be shown once how to coil and wick once (more for the WANT of guidance than the necessity) and I was A-for-away. With this subtank, the first wick was too thin, then the second attempt was possibly too thick. The juice was probably too thick for the tank (90:10). My little "Deadpool" (Pico Squeeze) just doesn't care. It loves me and my juice for who we ARE and that feeling is most definitely reciprocated.

OK, it was a subtank which I am led to believe can be finicky, and I'm still dead set on getting a SM22 for when I'm all growed up, but for now I'm quite happy with the simple please of squeezing the bottle and enjoying some tasty DIY juice :)
You will love the SM22!

Back