Wisemec Predator wattage jumping

Paraddicted

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Auckland Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is using a wisemec Predator and everytime he pressed to fire its like jumps watts, says it feels like it's hitting at 228w regardless of where he set it. Anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this?

Was the mod purchased brand new? I purchased a 2cnd hand predator a few weeks ago and the wattage went from 80w at fire to 50watts a few mlsc's later..only to find out the guy set the preheat function..so all i did was disable it and worked fine..if that does t work for u then the mod prob is faulty

Was the mod purchased brand new? I purchased a 2cnd hand predator a few weeks ago and the wattage went from 80w at fire to 50watts a few mlsc's later..only to find out the guy set the preheat function..so all i did was disable it and worked fine..if that does t work for u then the mod prob is faulty

Jzk for the reply, mod was faulty and was returned

My two Predators are sadly again lying in my vape graveyard drawer. Those boards are faulty. So disappointed in Wismec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I tried to download the firmware upgrade on my Mac. What a joke? It's as difficult as fitting a square into a circle.

So I tried to download the firmware upgrade on my Mac. What a joke? It's as difficult as fitting a square into a circle.

You mean like this ? ;)
upload_2017-9-18_21-42-44.png

On a side note, if it's out of warranty and you like fiddling, it might be worth your while to check that there is a proper connection on the 510, and that there is no juice / dirt residue inside the 510. If the resistance jumps with a bad connection, it might actually fire at a much higher voltage to compensate for the perceived increase in the coil resistance.

I found an article with a fix for a seemingly common problem on the Predators - the Atomizer Short / Low Atomizer message. Mine did that, but I stopped short of soldering the 510 'insert' onto the chassis, as my model's 510 thread insert appears more recessed into the case than the pics in the Imgur link. I did not want to Dremel away part of the 510 chassis support, only to find that solder does not take on the metal.

What I did find inside mine was some metal scraps / filings around the base of the 510 insert, between the base and the nylon/plastic insulator cap, which was obviously causing a short with slight movement of the tank or the 510 positive pin. I simply cleaned that out, and it is working like a charm again. My Predator's 510 thread has not popped out (yet), but I can feel there is a slight bit of play if I put a bit of sideways force on the tank, so I might still have to do the solder attempt.
Anyhow, if you have a loose connection on the threaded press-fit 'insert' of the 510, that might be part of the problem causing the resistance to jump, in which case a solder job might just return it to it's former glory instead of being a paper weight.

The disassembly article and the Imgur link is at

One thing to note, is that is not required to remove the battery sleeves from the PCB assembly. If you wiggle it quite firmly side-to-side while pulling it out, the complete assembly slides out with no damage to the battery sleeves.

All I can say is, IF it works, the Predator a nice mod. It's just a pity that Wismec seems to battle like hell to manufacture or source rock solid 510 connectors for any of their products.

My two Predators are sadly again lying in my vape graveyard drawer. Those boards are faulty. So disappointed in Wismec.

While my old rx200 is still in daily service it seems Wismec had really dropped the ball with this issue and the ever faulty 510s.Shame on them.I would be loathe to buy another wismec mod.

Last edited:
Back