ZEUS Dual

So i tried this new wicking method last night and must say my flavor has slightly improved and i am seeing way more bubbles now. Will see how it goes today.

nope sorry, WAY to much work, i have finally been converted to the yin yang technique. works magic on my RTA's.

Would you mind posting a pic, just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you mind posting a pic, just curious

no problem.
i’ll do one tonight / tomorrow.

here’s the technique:

Part 2 - Wicking an RTA

This is my Patent-Pending @smilelykumeenit RTA Wicking Technique. It uses the least cotton possible to deliver the best performance to any Dual Coil RTA. If you follow these steps and checks, you might never get a dry-hit nor a leak again! I will be using Cotton Bacon Prime in this demonstration, and you will see the Efficiency Technique on a fixed-length product. I will be wicking a set of 30/38 Aliens in a Petri RTA.

View attachment 132382 View attachment 132383

1. Follow the steps above to thread your cotton through the first coil, leaving a wick in line with the edge of your atomiser.
    View attachment 132384
  2. This is where things are different:
    Cut the long end of the wick off, flush with the edge of the coil.
    View attachment 132402 View attachment 132385
  3. Rotate the deck 180º and repeat the Threading Process with the other coil, from the same side.
    View attachment 132386 View attachment 132387
  4. Cut the long end flush with the coil. Your wicks should have one long end and one short end, like this:
    View attachment 132388 View attachment 132407
  5. Holding the short end, fluff the long end of each wick. Again, don't be scared to remove a lot of cotton. We only JUST need to cover the Juice Flow Holes.
    View attachment 132389 View attachment 132401 View attachment 132400
  6. Trim the ends square with the edge of the atomiser.
    View attachment 132404
  7. When cotton is wet, it swells. If it is then pinched, it will clump together. This means that once your Juice Flow is covered, it should not be disturbed. I use the following Priming Procedure to encourage the cotton to swell into any gaps.
    View attachment 132405
    a. Starting at the centre, begin applying juice to the coils until they begin to absorb it.
    b. Keep adding more juice until a fat, wide droplet forms on each coil.
    c. Move to the short ends, working the juice into the centre of the wick. You should see the droplet form on the coils again.
    d. Move to the long ends, starting close to the coil. The goal is to leave the ends dry, but everything else saturated.
    e. Move back and forth between the coils and the 3 positions we have juiced, until everything is nice and nice.
    View attachment 132406
  8. It is time to close the Chimney Section. As you can see, the long ends of the wicks are on the left. This means the chimney can be rotated to the left to help fold the wick down and right, in line with the Juice Flow Holes. I love the Petri 22mm RTA because the deck unscrews from the base, and the glass is removable. These 2 features allow me to manipulate the cotton if needed. In the photo below, you will see a small gap on the right. This is a leak waiting for some juice to happen.
    View attachment 132390
  9. Using sharp tweezers, manipulate the wick to cover the holes completely, by hooking rather than pushing, to spread the cotton rather than squash it.
    View attachment 132391
    View attachment 132393
  10. At this stage, one can apply juice to the wick from the outside, thus fully priming the cotton.
  11. Re-assemble the atomiser as necessary.
    View attachment 132394 View attachment 132395
  12. Fill with juice and enjoy!
20 Likes for each part of Tip #2 will unlock a Bonus Tip next week! No tagging!

Ahhh i see, had something completely different pictured in my head thank you

lol!
first time i heard about it i had something in my head that i’m pretty sure is physically impossible.

Just some quick feedback on the wicking style as per the last video,

Rewicked twice after my previous comment and cannot find any negitives with this wicking style. Wicks excellent, seeing alot of bubbles and flavor is great but obviously also dependent on the type of coils used.

I have actually started using this same wicking style on my SO's Vandy Vape Revolver RTA cause the juice wells on this is very small and with dry wick its almost like you always end up stuffing too much wick. Now you can do it just right.

Cheers

Back