0.3 Ohm Calc Check

The Steve

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Howsit!

I have a 0.3 ohm dual clapton coil build. Im pretty sure im being safe if I vape this on a mech mod with a single Samsung 30Q battery. The calcs work out to be around 3.7 volts at 13 amps at around 46 watts. Is there a risk of over discharging and can anyone tell me how many hits i can get from a full charge?

Samsung rates those at 15A continuous discharge rating, but in testing them Mooch says they can actually do 20A CDR. So you should be fine. You should feel the power becoming not enough at around 3.7 V. The battery can actually safely discharge to around 2.5 V, but the vape will become unsatisfactory long before that. No idea how many hits you can get, too many variables.

Samsung rates those at 15A continuous discharge rating, but in testing them Mooch says they can actually do 20A CDR. So you should be fine. You should feel the power becoming not enough at around 3.7 V. The battery can actually safely discharge to around 2.5 V, but the vape will become unsatisfactory long before that. No idea how many hits you can get, too many variables.
Thanks Andre,

I have the brown LG's as well and will probably test both in that case. I was wondering about over discharge and thank you for the info regarding. Should be able to tell when to swop out basically. Im going to the UK for a few days and ordered the Hellboy Authentic and needed to check the math before I damage the thing. Recon i should ignore the claptons and use ss or kanthal? Ni is a bit of a worry for me...

Thanks Andre,

I have the brown LG's as well and will probably test both in that case. I was wondering about over discharge and thank you for the info regarding. Should be able to tell when to swop out basically. Im going to the UK for a few days and ordered the Hellboy Authentic and needed to check the math before I damage the thing. Recon i should ignore the claptons and use ss or kanthal? Ni is a bit of a worry for me...
Ni is for temperature control only. Yeah, claptons use a lot of power and depletes your battery faster.

Back