100% ban on public smoking incl. vaping

I was a heavy smoker, I now vape. Better for me, yes! Better for those around me, imo yes! Totally harmless, not sure yet, time will tell but definitely better than me smoking looking at research coming out.

Nannying by government is not needed. It is no use making new laws to be popular and to be seen doing something, but not enforcing even those that were there already, which would have been equally effective. Vaping is not smoking, and is a tool that can be used to assist with the scourge. Are they seeing a new tax opportunity, most definitely yes.

I sometimes thing that ministers just want their names attached to some type of document in an attempt to justify them being there. By all means regulate, it is already taxed, but talk to people in the know and look at the research, don't just forge along because you are too narrow minded to get at least some facts.

If they really "cared" about shielding us from everything harmful, they would need to ban cars, drinking, driving, sex, power stations, garages, tools hammers, knives. The list is endless, are they really seriously thinking this through.......

"One hundred percent smoke-free public spaces."
I agree with smoke-free. As far as vapour-free is concerned, it depends on the "public place" Ban vaping in a mall by all means, but there's no harm in vaping on the beach or in a park.

"The removal of smoking areas in restaurants and clubs."
Yes, remove smoking areas - have vaping areas instead.

"Totally uniform packaging for all cigarette and vape brands, "
Firstly, I don't see the point of that. If you are a loyal to a particular brand, you will buy it, even if it just has a plain label on the bottle. It's what inside that counts - not the packaging. Secondly, instead of spending/wasting money on fancy labels/packaging, vendors and manufacturers could decrease their retail prices.

"adorned with warnings and pictures of diseased organs."
Firstly, does this stop smokers from buying cigs? No. Secondly, as far as vaping is concerned, I agree with "warnings" but the only warning that I can think of is sensitivity to VG or PG. Thirdly, for vaping there are no diseased organs - not that we know of now, at any rate!

What about a 100% ban on public drinking? All beverage containers adorned with graphics of obese people, tooth decay and vehicle accidents. Uniform packaging for al beverages and age restrictions should also apply. After all, vaping is to smoking as pasturised milk is to tequila. We have to be consistent don't we?

Regards

Lot's of comments and legal terms and big words used , fact of the matter is if WE as the vaping community don't tell our local municipality or elected official we do not stand for this and they will lose a vote if this is passed then maybe they will wake up and smell the vapor :p your vote counts for something hopefully ...... what happened to the poll/petition where everyone could add their 2c of how vaping saved their life can't seem to find it ?

Lot's of comments and legal terms and big words used , fact of the matter is if WE as the vaping community don't tell our local municipality or elected official we do not stand for this and they will lose a vote if this is passed then maybe they will wake up and smell the vapor :p your vote counts for something hopefully ...... what happened to the poll/petition where everyone could add their 2c of how vaping saved their life can't seem to find it ?

Hi @Daniel
That thread you were looking for is here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/nb-stand-up-for-our-right-to-vape.t44295/

@Daniel Here's the link to "sign" the petition
http://vpasa.org.za/index.php/2017/11/02/vapers-south-africa-time-make-voices-heard/

Back