18650's inside your backup battery packs

Heya guys, the cat bumped my damn backup battery pack off the table the other day ( don't fret, even tough it was made and bought in china, it is still working, lol )

Just thought I would share what I have found to be on the inside with everyone... I was expecting something similar, but not this many, hehe

View attachment 24642
View attachment 24643
View attachment 24644
Would it be worth buying a $13.00 laptop pack on eBay for instance ?

If you don't know what the amp rating of those bats are, stay away.

If you don't know what the amp rating of those bats are, stay away.
I saw a video on this somewhere and if I remember correctly it was in the 20 to 30a range, but i'll play safe than sorry.

I saw a video on this somewhere and if I remember correctly it was in the 20 to 30a range, but i'll play safe than sorry.

Depends if you will be getting proper amp batteries and what you want to use them for. The one battery pack i dug open only had 3 amp cells, half were dead, but the working 4 i got outa there powered my old evic, back in the day. These days even regulated mods draw way more than that

weirdly, as I like following convention I went exactly the opposite way. The little power banks can be bought empty, and you put in your own 18650..so I bought a 4bay unit for boychild to use, and we stick our vape batteries in there.
he uses it, and when it is flat he wanders to the vape battery charger and gets himself another 4 cells, so the power bank itself never goes on charge..if it is flat it is half a minute to slap in another 4 batteries (and we know what batteries we have). As it is 4 cells in parallel (this one is)..he can put in one battery if e.g. he just wants a backup for his phone while visitng a friend)..or we can stick in 2 or 3 or 4 cells to add capacity. I used the panasonic ncr18650b cells, 3400mah each.

I did this because I didnt want random 18650's around the house catching fire as they do, and we can charge our own good batteries in our own good charger.
it works lovely...and was cheaper than buying a power bank that comes with batteries already.....as a vaper we got 18650's everywhere:)

Back