Location of item
: Cape Town

Delivery/Collection
: Doesn't matter

Reason
: Need better battery life

Picture here
:

Ohms and Watts are most definitely relevant as are Volts and Amps. They are all tied together by mathematical formulas and changing one will change others in the relationship

The drain on the battery is expressed in Amps. With most mods the setting that you can change is Watts. The Voltage is determined by the chip in the mod and could be lower or higher than your actual battery voltage. Voltage is not normally something that you can adjust anyway. Voltage cannot give you an indication of drain on the battery

The drain on the battery is expressed in Amps. With most mods the setting that you can change is Watts. The Voltage is determined by the chip in the mod and could be lower or higher than your actual battery voltage. Voltage is not normally something that you can adjust anyway. Voltage cannot give you an indication of drain on the battery
Wait..

I think I got that wrong lol.

You are right, but the point that I am trying to make is that people like to say that they vape in 140watts. But that is irrelevant if you do not know ow the resistance.

For me personally, I prefer to go via voltage.

You can go by Voltage, but as you say Wattage without knowing the resistance is irrelevant, so is Voltage without knowing the resistance. part of the problem here is that Voltage is not something that you can generally set, and the chips in regulated mods do all sorts of magic with the Voltages. To determine battery life you need a complete picture, Wattage and resistance. Just to complicate things if you are talking about multi battery mods, are the batteries in series or parallel? Series will give you a higher voltage which the chip can use and therefore a lower Amperage for a given resistance and Wattage. Parallel will give you a higher Amp draw, but double the capacity.
Antonherbst's question is therefore valid and will help to figure out what your requirements are in terms of battery life.

You can go by Voltage, but as you say Wattage without knowing the resistance is irrelevant, so is Voltage without knowing the resistance. part of the problem here is that Voltage is not something that you can generally set, and the chips in regulated mods do all sorts of magic with the Voltages. To determine battery life you need a complete picture, Wattage and resistance. Just to complicate things if you are talking about multi battery mods, are the batteries in series or parallel? Series will give you a higher voltage which the chip can use and therefore a lower Amperage for a given resistance and Wattage. Parallel will give you a higher Amp draw, but double the capacity.
Antonherbst's question is therefore valid and will help to figure out what your requirements are in terms of battery life.

@Salamander Thank you for the read, it is such a pleasure to read things written by someone who knows what they are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back