324W Captain X3 Kit - iJoy

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at a triple 20700 battery Kit, the Captain X3 KIT from iJoy. The Captain X3 KIT was supplied for the purpose of this review by Megan from Everzon.

https://www.everzon.com/ijoy-captain-x3-...c-kit.html

Introduction

I have the iJoy Captain PD270 but unfortunately or fortunately depending how it's viewed i get that many review items i don't have time to review the devices and tanks i buy. Not sure why iJoy chose to use the Captain name for this triple 20700 device as in my opinion it has very little in common with the original Captain series but does come with a version of the Captain tank, this version using screw in coils. The Captain X3 boasts 324W of power and has one of the best colour screen layouts i have come across.

In the Box

Contents:

1x CAPTAIN X3 BOX MOD (324W)
1x CAPTAIN X3 Tank
3x 18650 Adapter
1x X3-C1 Coil 0.4ohm (60-90W Pre-installed)
1x X3-C3 Coil 0.2ohm (90-110W)
1x Replacement Glass tube 6ml
1x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1x USB Cable
1x Manual
1x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

When i first knew i would be reviewing the Captain X3 i was expecting an hefty desktop device so i was surprised to receive a relatively speaking small, compact sturdy device. The device is the identical shape and almost the same size as the Wismec RXGEN 3, ergonomically speaking considering it's a 3 battery device it's not too bad at all and despite not having the biggest of hands i would be able to use it when out and about, no problem. The front has an inner panel which is Black and a surround which is also Black apart from the Black version where the surround is a Cream colour, the base which is the battery door is Black on all versions the rest of the device is the colour of choice. I received the Blue version which is a nice Matte Blue and comes with a matching Blue Captain X3 tank, the device is also available in Black, White, Purple, Green and Pink. The sides of the device are featureless apart from towards the front having some of the front surround visible and venting, the spine has "iJoy" engraved deeply into the casing demonstrating that the metal casing is thick. The front panel houses a large OLED colour screen centrally, above this is a protruding square fire button and below is the left and right buttons, centrally at the bottom of the front is the micro USB port. The battery door has Black on Black branding and safety stamps as well as some more venting, moving to the top we have a gold plated, spring loaded 510.

Captain X3 Sub-ohm Tank Specs and Features:

Height: 62.8mm
Base Diameter: 25mm
Capacity: 8ml(with bubble glass tube)
8ml or 6ml Large e-juice capacity
Convenient sliding top filling design
Interchangeable filling gasket
Adjustable bottom airflow control
Colorful 810 Cobra Resin drip tip
Thread: 510 thread
Colour: Black, Blue, Green, Gun, Pink, Purple, Rainbow, SS, White, Yellow

Captain X3 Sub-ohm Tank Overview

The included Captain X3 is just another Captain tank for which there has been many reviews. The X3 is identical to the X3S that i looked at when i reviewed the Diamond Kit, apart from it is slightly taller and comes with a bubble glass making it a high capacity tank, 6ml with the straight glass and a very impressive 8ml with the bubble glass. The X3 version of the Captain comes with a very nice cobra style resin 810 drip-tip. The Captain tank, in it's many forms isn't in my opinion outstanding but is a very solid nice looking sub-ohm tank with available coils that do give good flavour at quite high wattage's. Personally by choice i tend to vape at 60w max and most of the time between 30W and 40w but like i said i do find good flavour with the higher wattage Captain. Included is the pre-installed X3-C1 0.4 rated at 60w-90w which i used and have used in the past. The other included coil is the X3-C3 Coil 0.2ohm (90-110W) which again i have used in the past and i found too high wattage for me to enjoy so this coil i didn't use on this occasion but it does give good flavour, just too warm a vape for me. I have always found i get the same performance from all the Captain tanks, so it was no surprise that the experience was identical as with the X3S and with the X3 C1 i enjoyed good flavour and cloud at 70w. Included with the X3 is a 510 adaptor so you can fit your own 510 or 810 if you wish. The X3 has the usual top-fill system, just push where you see the word "PUSH" and the top slides open revealing your fill port, once filled the top can be pushed back into position where it fastens securely. The Captain X3 comes with the 8ml capacity bubble glass installed but a 6ml straight glass is also included along with a spare fill port casket and o-rings.

Captain X3 324W Mod Specs and Features:

Size: 79 x 51 x 44.6mm
Max wattage: 324W
Mode: VW/TC(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR
Resistance range: 0.05 - 3.0 ohm
Temperature Control Range: 100℃-315℃/200F-600F
Suitable tank: no overhang with 26 mm tanks
Battery type:
3x high-rate 20700 battery (continuous discharge current≥40A, included)
3x high-rate 18650 battery with adapter (continuous discharge current≥25A)
The first triple 20700 battery platform
Including three 3000mAh 20700 battery
Compatible with 18650 battery with adaptor
Compact size with 324W output power
Big color OLED screen
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Black, White, Blue, Purple, Green, Pink.

Using the Captain 3X

The batteries fit via the bottom battery door and despite orientation being Black on Black on the door it's very large so easily visible and with it being 3 batteries loads of light gets into the battery compartment so it is easy to see the well marked orientation inside the battery compartment. I know some of the sample device's had some play on the battery door but the retail version i received is spot on and closes very securely. The device is 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off, once on i am very impressed with the use of colour and sharpness of the display making everything easily readable despite there being a wealth of information. At the very top of the screen we have the volts (this changes to temperature when in temp control), below this is the wattage followed by mode and preheat. Further down we have the resistance (pressing left and right together locks this) followed by time vaped, Below time vaped to the left of the screen we have 3 battery status bars and to the right we have the puff count. 3 clicks of the fire button brings up 6 squares with letters or symbols to represent options, first is power, then we have temp, selecting temp brings up another 6 options which are NI, TI, SS, MI, M2 (M1 and M2 are your TCR) and exit. The next option is flip the screen (?) for those that like reading things upside down, next we have preheat which gives you the option of norm, hard, soft or user (on the Captain X3 you can only set a 6 second curve which suits me fine but won't suit those that take really long vapes). The next option is where we can enter TCR values for the memory slots and the last option allows you to reset puffs and set screen timeout. When in temp control pressing the right button and fire together causes the "W" to flash and allows you to alter the wattage for temp control, pressing the left button and fire together causes the temp unit to flash allowing you to alter the temperature. Very easy to use but unless i'm missing something there is no way of locking the device.

Performance

Like with pretty much all the latest device's the X3 fires with no noticeable delay and although i haven't seen anyone else mention it for me seemed to hit pretty hard, a really nice vape. Wattage seemed very accurate and when using at very low wattage the device was nice and quiet. How many watts the device will do i have no idea without seeing charts but this is going to give enough watts for anyone. 26mm tanks sit flush at the front so the vast majority of thanks will look good and if the 510 had been taken back anymore to allow for bigger tanks the device would of needed to be made taller and not so compact. People will know i like curves and for me the curve function being only for 6 seconds suits me as i only take 4 or 5 second draws but some people who like using curves and take longer draws will find that a slight con. With the supplied battery adaptors you can use 18650 batteries but i used the supplied 20700 batteries and battery life was excellent. I personally wouldn't charge my batteries in the device but those that do i don't believe this has quick charge capabilities, the Captain X3 is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

A 3 battery 20700 device that is compact enough to use on the go giving you more than enough battery life to last the day while giving high performance.

Good Build Quality
Nice Looking and Finish
Compact 3 Battery Device
Large Colour Display
20700 or 18650 Batteries
8ml Capacity Tank
Easy to Use Menu
Battery Orientation Easily Seen
Custom Curve Feature
Temp Control
Very High Wattage
Fires Quickly and Hits Quite Hard
Excellent Battery Life
Firmware Upgradeable

Dislikes

Can't Find Anyway of Locking the Device
Some Curve Users Might Prefer Longer Curve
If you charge in device, it's not quick charge to my knowledge

I would once again like to thank Megan for supplying the iJoy Captain X3 KIT for the purpose of this review.

https://www.everzon.com/ijoy-captain-x3-...c-kit.html

Back