510 Connection Cleaning Made Easy

Darth_V@PER

Vape Gear Addict
LV

Awards
Haven't really seen anyone mention anything on this topic so thought I would give my tip in cleaning the 510 threads on your mods.

I use a cosmetic bud which you can get from a Clicks. I have not tried any solvents/detergents or chemicals as I don't want to damage the metallic parts on the mod. If you use the thicker part to gently wipe inside the connection it slowly unravels and you can clean the entire inner wall and pin with ease. If you turn the bud around (Pointy Bit) you can clean the thin piece around the centre pin.

I have noticed a huge difference on the performance side once it has been cleaned thoroughly.

Please do let me know if there are any none damaging solvents I could use to assist with the connection cleaning.

Best pics I could find as below

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 15
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 15
@Darth_V@PER , thank you for this, I have used the same method myself and I do it regulary. As for solvents, I do not use any and have not tried any, so can not suggest anything.

However that being said, what I have used before and it works like a bomb, I have a tube of wipes that I purchased from increadibile corruption for clean pc's and electronics, I use these when I have had a bad leak or if the contacts are really bunged up with gunk.

Ohm @johan made thr suggestion of contact cleaner/switch cleaner. My tin is safe to use on electronics so everything gets sprayed and wiped once a week.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

@Wayne gotta love the incredible corruptors... Need to get one of those LCD cleaning kits so will definitely give it a bash.
Those buds are real winners and you can't go wrong with them :D

@Gazzacpt thanks man will definitely get me some of that switch cleaner... Hmmm got me thinking about thread lube. I'm sure you will know exactly what product I could try:happy:

Lube? What lube? Don't need it. Lube attracks dirt and grit. Not good for mod threads that get used all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I use Kontakt 60 contact cleaner, which I got from communica (thanks to @johan suggestion). I spray a little onto the cotton bud and give it a good clean.

Makes a huge different.

Back