If i have to give it a vote will say that orf nexhmesh is no1 then the vandy vape dual M, and the stock wotofo last on flavour and clouds.

2F9C672C-587C-4AFA-B038-80C365BDB9C0.jpeg

Have you tried 200 SS mesh?

So I was just re-wicking. Tried using the coil over wick method again. Few hang ups I have with this style is there's no guarantee the coil will fire evenly once you clamp it back down after you're test fired it first. I was lucky that even worked at all the first time around lol
When I test fired after wicking it there was a hotspot that pretty much resulted in the strip systematically tearing itself in two pieces.
I'm glad I didn't just vape it right away.
I could clearly smell the burned cotton right away and I'm sure I would not have enjoyed getting played tong in die long with by volcanic hellfire lol
I guess that's what I get for going against traditions. The safest course of action was to

1)Install the new mesh. Test fire it and make sure it heats up evenly. I don't care how great they say mesh is at this.
2)Fluff out the cotton by tearing it slightly before you roll it together again and guide it through with a little twist.
3)Untwist it before you fluff and tuck the tails.

The tried and trusted recipe I always used was to have thin wick tails and a thick top sitting against the coil. Thanks to @Silo I've learned that fluffing out your cotton even before you wick makes a huge impact on the final product.
I'm not trying to discourage any one from trying new things. My take away from this whole experience was just simply to respect traditions because they are probably there for a good reason lol

Hahaha, wow that sucks! Never had that problem with any of the mesh I have used. My step 1 is always to glow, maybe should have mentioned that. I do 7-12w super dull glow, it also helps harden the mesh shape before wicking.

Back