A bloggish thing

how can we help ? will be happy to

:VOMITHATE:

Oh man, Thank you,

I am going to try and explain my train of thought on this (without the many many tangents and infinite possibilities).

Basically it was suggested to me that I join this forum due to it's PIF group last year. At the time I was not sure if vaping would work, did not have the cash for initial outlay and I was conflicted about what felt like taking advantage of strangers good will.

Anyway, after much more procrastinating, delaying and internal conflict I got started on the vape thing, and only then started participating in this forum.

My current concerns come from a random fear of the fragility of technology. I do the IT Thing both as a sideline and as a part of my 9/5 job. My first rule is always have a backup, my second is always have a backup of the backup. My 3'rd rule is never keep them in the same place.
Right now, my entire "I don't smoke" relies on one single device.

Anyway, Perhaps I could borrow a device for a month or two till I feel more technologically secure?

If not, your reply and my reading of the threads has already got me feeling much more secure in having a backup plan of some sort. I also found a local supplier of "disposables" but that would send me off on a million other tangents and infinite possibilities. I don't want to go there...

Oh man, Thank you,

I am going to try and explain my train of thought on this (without the many many tangents and infinite possibilities).

Basically it was suggested to me that I join this forum due to it's PIF group last year. At the time I was not sure if vaping would work, did not have the cash for initial outlay and I was conflicted about what felt like taking advantage of strangers good will.

Anyway, after much more procrastinating, delaying and internal conflict I got started on the vape thing, and only then started participating in this forum.

My current concerns come from a random fear of the fragility of technology. I do the IT Thing both as a sideline and as a part of my 9/5 job. My first rule is always have a backup, my second is always have a backup of the backup. My 3'rd rule is never keep them in the same place.

Anyway, Perhaps I could borrow a device for a month or two till I feel more technologically secure?

If not, your reply and my reading of the threads has already got me feeling much more secure in having a backup plan of some sort. I also found a local supplier of "disposables" but that would send me off on a million other tangents and infinite possibilities. I don't want to go there...

I will post a pic of what's available in the JHB Vape Meets PIF box a little later for you

:ISEEWHATYOUDIDTHERE:

Oh man, Thank you,

here you go https://www.ecigssa.co.za/pif-box-jhb-vape-meets.t74992/#post-955476

Vape mouth> Vapers tongue sounds right? noobishness :facepalm::meparto:

Oh man, Thank you,

@AstroT, as a group we are not unfamiliar with the first post “I want/need” first time member. You clearly do not fall under that category. Because you are truly one of us, were your horse to die, cattle run off along with your wife, children and best friend whom just happened to grab your vape as well, and you end up with the uncontrollable urge to write a country song, you will be surprised how many of us will provide you with all your vape needs to avoid having to listen to it.

Relax my friend, we got you covered.

Regards

@AstroT, as a group we are not unfamiliar with the first post “I want/need” first time member. You clearly do not fall under that category. Because you are truly one of us, were your horse to die, cattle run off along with your wife, children and best friend whom just happened to grab your vape as well, and you end up with the uncontrollable urge to write a country song, you will be surprised how many of us will provide you with all your vape needs to avoid having to listen to it.

Relax my friend, we got you covered.

Regards

Ag no man

Now you made me cry .... how could you do this to an old man, you are all twats.

Very strange, been running mine for almost 2 years now, no issues... check if your cable is plugged in properly, maybe it is a loose connection. If it persists, bin it ASAP and get a new one.
They are sending a replacement and collecting the faulty one tomorrow :)

Thank you Vape king

I have been using a sweet can to keep all my voopoo pnp tanks. But it's rattly and I am scared the tanks get scuffed or damaged over time.
IMG_1246.JPG

So quick and dirty solutions taking advantage of the can being magnetic...

Option 1

IMG_1247.JPG

Option 2

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

Leaning towards Option 2...

If they don't replace the charger, here is a great option:
https://wienervapeshop.co.za/collections/on-sale/products/golisi-i4-usb-charger
View attachment 249440

Must also just add that I never had issues with my Nitecore i4. Used it for almost 2 years, @THE REAPER is the current owner of that i4.

I have two dead Nitecore chargers. Both died after about two years.

I don't like the way that Golisi responded, or failed to respond, to the recall of their S4 charger by the EU. They were recalled because of serious danger of shocks at 220V AC. It may just be me but I can't trust a company that continued to sell a charger after the EU tests showed serious issues.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the Golisi I4 apart from only charging one cell at 2A.

Take a look at the Golisi charger issue here :

I have never had much luck with chargers so together with @Faiyaz Cheulkar and @MrGSmokeFree we made my own four-bay charger with two Amps to each bay. It's been running for almost two months and is a game-changer. We will be improving on the design soon. Mainly aesthetics and additional functions such as including 5V fast charger capabilities for phones etc. For me, the main advantage is that we have a separate power supply (220V AC - 12VDC) and can easily replace any components should there be issues in the future.

For me, the main advantage is that we have a separate power supply (220V AC - 12VDC) and can easily replace any components should there be issues in the future.

and take orders for us mere plebs in the future too maybe..... modular charge stations, I like the sound of something ingenious like that!

They are sending a replacement and collecting the faulty one tomorrow :)

Thank you Vape king
Done and done, collected old one, few hours later dropped off the new one, I had already left work at the time but I know it's there.

Good service from VapeKing :)

edit: Instead of using the supplied 220v cable I opted for scratching around my stash of random stuff and found a 12v/1A power supply with correct adaptor and polarity.

Think that will make it last much longer than direct 220v.

Last edited:

This bit of memory foam in a can has been great as an all day variety snack type toy :) Been referring to is as a 6 shooter in my head :meparto:
Get bored with a flavor or "vapers tongue" pop another pod on the mod (always clockwise).

Currently it contains the following, in no specific order.
9mg caramel/vanilla/tobacco flavor.
16mg more or less Cherry tobacco
14mg Floatin soda
14mg Rum & Raisn
14mg Latte
14mg Sweet Strawberry

Next is color coding them, but waiting for some printer time, hopefully before the end of the week

Last edited:
So just some random thoughts after spending the last few days vaping 6 different flavor profiles.

Firstly I got some flavors as samples I did not expect I would enjoy. Sweet strawberry is now one of my favorite, as is floatin soda. I was expecting way too much sweet from the one and way too much ice/mint/cold from the other. Both time I am completely wrong. the flavor profiles, expertise and equipment have changed vastly since my last vape days. Its banging two rocks together vs lighting a fire with a blow torch.

"Name brands/international brands" do not equate to best favor. I was gifted and bought a few name brand juices. so far out of all of those I enjoyed exactly one.

Spend some time before judging a juice. This 6 pod tin of mine has changed the way I view flavors for the good.

Anyway, Time, patience and vaping, open mind :)

So not been saying much here recently.

Apologies, I had several weeks of everything from extreme stress at work to time off from work due to illness.

I will say that I still have not touched a stinky and this forum is very much responsible for this choice...

Thank you everyone, I will be back for a more in depth bloggish thing soon.

Well done on keeping off the stinkies. I'm sure that this thread will help other new vapers. Sorry to hear about the stress and illness. Once you accept the idea that life is crap and then you die one's life can improve remarkably. :)

Back