A DIY Primer

IF your nic is PG based, I dont think it will freeze:
View attachment 163385
https://askavantor.secure.force.com...e-and-Ethylene-Glycol-Solutions-1403714883826

and to my knowledge, wich is still getting there regarding DIY-ing, I can be wrong. The fridge slows the steeping process down.
Thank you!
My Nic is VG based, so will try a small sample to see if it goes solid.
So if steeping is slowed by the fridge, will the fridge also slow degradation AFTER the steep has been done?

Your nic won't freeze solid, PG is one of the main ingredients in anti-freeze.

I imagine keeping the juice in the fridge after mixing would delay steeping slightly. There is no reason to do it, though. Flavours last a lot longer in juice than they do in the concentrate bottle. It's highly unlikely that any ingredient in a juice will degrade before you vape it. Although you may get fading with certain flavours.

I see in your primer you mention putting the Nicotine in the freezer, does it freeze solid (i.e. need to defrost before use), or stay liquid like vodka? I would also like to know, if I mix larger batches, would it help or harm the life of the juice if the mixed juice is kept in the fridge? If I can store them in the fridge, should I steep at room temp first, or can the steep be done in the fridge too?
TIA

Hi @CJB85
What I do is if I order a few bottles of nic, I keep one out of the freezer in my vape cupboard to use. The others go into a little plastic tub in the freezer. I use PG nic. They dont freeze solid but obviously they get very cold. So before I use one, I take it out the freezer and put it into my cupboard when the bottle I am using is nearly empty. It gets to room temp after a few hours I guess. No problems.

With regards to mixed DIY juice (I dont mix that much) and store bought juices, I don't put them in the fridge or the freezer. Just in a dark cupboard at room temp. I have several juices that I have vaped after 2 or 3 years (and I know them) and they are just fine. There have been one or two that tasted a bit odd. But I'd say 95% of my juices I have are just fine in the dark cupboard - even after a long time. The nic degrades with heat and light. So if you leave it in the sun on the dashboard inside your hot car for a few hours, it will probably make an impact.

I recall once at a mini vape gathering (breakfast/lunch) in the old days with @Paulie - he put one of his DIY juices on the table. We were sitting outside in the hot sun and it was a scorcher of a day. A few hours later, the juice had changed colour already!

Hi all

A lot of new people are entering the DIY scene. It can be quite a daunting prospect and the new DIYer usually has a lot of questions that need to be answered. I've put together a relatively brief primer which addresses most of those questions and gives some pointers on the key decisions, processes and purchases to help you get started.

I've attached the primer to this post in pdf format. If you're new to DIY or considering starting DIY, hopefully it will be of some help to you.
Thanks so much, have downloaded to read when there are no distractions. Thanks for the video link @Zack

Back