Advice for newbie

Thanks guys

I think I may have settled on the VTC Mini.

From what I understand with my limited knowledge you cant use the Twisp 18mg juices in the device. I love the Twisp Tobacco #1 so what juice will be comparable to that in a lower nicotene juice.

Thanks

@PrinceVlad I believe that will be a massive shift up from the Twisp. Just to share: When I started vaping with the Twisp Aero, I was a tobacco juice only die hard. I couldn't see myself vaping sweet fruity stuff. But, I tried the deserts, biscuits, custards, fruits, and the rest. I was blown away! Now I only vape these wonderfully crafted juices. Tobacco juice has taken a complete back seat. I rarely vape my own DIY tobacco extract.

My point? Experiment. Try to forget about Twisp Juice. They are great at helping folk initially get off the ciggys, but then you visit @SirVape and other vendors, you realise there is a whole new world out there!

Well done for coming this far and I wish you all the best... Beware, this can easily turn into an expensive hobby. But the money beats an early induced tobacco death.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I tried kicking the stinky habbit with a twisp clero, then gave that to my wife and upgraded to the earo. I then passes that on to my wife and got myself the Cuboid with a Cubis tank. After I did that my wife also discovered the joys of a good vape and I got her, by her choice the Eleaf iStick 60w with n Melo2 tank. I'm already looking for my next upgrade. The moral of the story... Get yourself decent kit off the bat and save money for your juice and next upgrades. Upgrades will happen once you discover the rabbit hole. How deep you down it and how fast you go is up to your preference.

Well done on kicking the stinkies and all the best. Looking forward to see tou around.

Vape on and vape safe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

I think I may have settled on the VTC Mini.

From what I understand with my limited knowledge you cant use the Twisp 18mg juices in the device. I love the Twisp Tobacco #1 so what juice will be comparable to that in a lower nicotene juice.

Thanks
Awesome love my VTC Mini Mods with the Kangertech tanks for a brilliant Tobacco with a slight taste of caramel check out Vapour Mountians site .. VM4 they are the Best juices ever !!!!!

Hi Guys

Havent had a stinkie since Friday Afternoon. Great.

I am still looking around in order to replace the Twisp, but I am very bad at making decisions. Everytime I see something I like something else pops up, so I need your help.

Some of the Starter kits I saw:

1. Kanger Topbox Mini Kit
2. Istick 60W kit
3. Evic VTC Mini
4. SMOK Micro One

Which one would you recommend or are there any other options. Im in your hands.

Thanks
Topbox...

Well, another day has gone without a stinkie.

I'm getting more intrigued everyday and now I want to know what makes a good tank and what makes a bad tank?

That depends on a lot of things and personal preference. I have had quite a few tanks, one tank I like more than the other, but my busy who likes clouds likes it the opposite. It depends on coil build, the amount of different coils available, lack of spare part, taste, clouds, and more. I like tight draw, so I like the kayfun tanks. The gs tank that I am on now is nice for me(just wish it had a rebuildable deck), but I'm afraid others may disagree. The toptank mini is great, but I prefer my gs and kayfun over it. A lot of people like the kayfun, but don't like the tight draw, so they modify the air hole and juice ports to their liking. So yes you can take advice here, but try to find people who vape the same style you do. A direct lung guy will have different views about what works to a guy who does mtl. So I would say try get more than one tank and find out what you prefer. You may think you want to build your own coil, and find it to time consuming, or a hassle. So ya the toptank mini is great cause its an introduction to building, but for me personally I find even the unknown gs tank better. Hope you get what you are looking for.

Topbox is great. Gives you an entire package that you try out everything - Temp control, building coils, using different tanks, and it is very strong for the knocks and bumps

Just when I was looking at something else!

I had a look now at the Istick 40W TC at Vaperite. I was maybe thinking of that with an Ijust2 tank, or the Istick 60w TC As I understand the Ijust2 and Melo2 tanks give you the option to rebuild. I was just looking at the power outputs. It seems that 40W and 60W is at the bottom of the scale of the mods currently on sale. So my question is when will you use the higher output (Say above 40w). Will you ever use it with commercial coils?

Hi @PrinceVlad
I admire your perseverance - well done on staying stinkie free

My advice is the TopTank Mini and the Evic VTC Mini (as @Kolashnikov recommended several posts before)

Reasons why the TopTank Mini :
  • Toptank Mini is the later model of the SubTank Mini which I have and have been using for some time and it is good.
  • Great flavour
  • Easy to use
  • Doesn't leak
  • You can either use commercial coils you buy or build your own coils if you choose to later on.
  • The TopTank mini has top fill as well which makes it more convenient.
  • I haven't used the Toptank but I haven't seen any negative comments so I assume it is the same or better than the older Subtank Mini.
Reasons why the VTC Mini (mod):
  • Because its a great mod - I have been using mine for a few months and I like it a lot.
  • Feels good in the hand.
  • Not too heavy or bulky.
  • With a sleeve on it, it feels super.
  • Works very well.
  • The screen is lovely.
On the choice of juices, if you like tobacco, perhaps try AshyBac from Mike's Mega Mixes -
Otherwise, try several of the Vape Elixir tobaccoes.
Your best bet is to go to a retailer where you can try and taste several juices. It's well worth the time and trouble. Then you buy what you like.
Otherwise, try get sample sizes, try from your friends and read the E-liquid reviews here on the forum

Dont be afraid to start out with higher nicotine content (even 12mg or 18mg) and work your way down if you need.

Hi @PrinceVlad
I admire your perseverance - well done on staying stinkie free

My advice is the TopTank Mini and the Evic VTC Mini (as @Kolashnikov recommended several posts before)

Reasons why the TopTank Mini :
  • Toptank Mini is the later model of the SubTank Mini which I have and have been using for some time and it is good.
  • Great flavour
  • Easy to use
  • Doesn't leak
  • You can either use commercial coils you buy or build your own coils if you choose to later on.
  • The TopTank mini has top fill as well which makes it more convenient.
  • I haven't used the Toptank but I haven't seen any negative comments so I assume it is the same or better than the older Subtank Mini.
Reasons why the VTC Mini (mod):
  • Because its a great mod - I have been using mine for a few months and I like it a lot.
  • Feels good in the hand.
  • Not too heavy or bulky.
  • With a sleeve on it, it feels super.
  • Works very well.
  • The screen is lovely.
On the choice of juices, if you like tobacco, perhaps try AshyBac from Mike's Mega Mixes -
Otherwise, try several of the Vape Elixir tobaccoes.
Your best bet is to go to a retailer where you can try and taste several juices. It's well worth the time and trouble. Then you buy what you like.
Otherwise, try get sample sizes, try from your friends and read the E-liquid reviews here on the forum

Dont be afraid to start out with higher nicotine content (even 12mg or 18mg) and work your way down if you need.
This post should be stickied!

Just when I was looking at something else!

I had a look now at the Istick 40W TC at Vaperite. I was maybe thinking of that with an Ijust2 tank, or the Istick 60w TC As I understand the Ijust2 and Melo2 tanks give you the option to rebuild. I was just looking at the power outputs. It seems that 40W and 60W is at the bottom of the scale of the mods currently on sale. So my question is when will you use the higher output (Say above 40w). Will you ever use it with commercial coils?
The low resistance coils will allow higher wattages. You will find 40 watts is not that high. I don't have a device that runs under 40, majority are at 50-55 and a couple at 100 watts (these are mechanical mods, so ignore). The higher wattages really come into play, if you ever get a dripper.

Back