Advice please :)

Please ask yourself a few questions.

Are you looking for an all day vape ?

Do you like full flavour from every pull ?

How much do you vape ?

How much nic do I need

I will use myself as an example. I go through around 20 mls a day of a minty menthol ADV juice. I pick it up have a few pulls and then put it down. Rinse and repeat. Now this satisfies my need for my nic dependency, of which I am now down to 3mg, and something flavorful.

On an evening , usually after supper I want something a bit more flavorful, so I will switch to other devices, RDA's, RDTA's, drippers and so on. Each combo will produce a different result (hence the chasing of the holy grail, very few people find it.) So as a new person to vaping, you need to determine the needs first and then the want's. Addressing the want's first will leave you disappointed.

On top of this, juice selection will also be an issue, they don't all behave the same and will vary from device to device. My minty menthol is great in a tank, put it on a dripper at high W and the cool in it will freeze your throat.

Ask your self these questions and then ask us, we are only too happy to help.
Thanks for your in depth response.

I am definitely looking for an all day vape

I like full flavour 100% ( can't imagine who wouldn't but that's just me)

Most of my juices are 6mg and I got a few of the same flavours in 3mg incase I wanna take it down a notch (I noticed I was getting headaches early days from smashing the nic salts + 6mg all day long)

The whole reason I went and bought the Nautilus GT was so that with a morning / evening cup of coffee, I could do some nic salts with a nice tight mtl setup, and the rest of the day I wanna hit the 6mg dessert / fruit juices

I have experienced the difference with how juices taste with different coils. I have a Vaporesso Auroroa play and the flavour (and tight pull) is very different to the nord 1.4 coils. I'm learning this steep learning curve :)

No need to respond, but if you took the time to give me this solid advice, I felt I need to reply

Thanks again and this forum is FANTASTIC!

My advice for what it is worth.

https://www.vapeking.co.za/rincoe-manto-max-228w-triple-system-pod-kit.html
Rincoe20200820_1_2048x.webp

Rincoe Manto Max TC Pod Kit is coming with its powerful functions. The Rincoe Manto Max Kit satisfies most vapers' fantasy of multi-system devices. The Rincoe Manto Max works with dual 18650 batteries, firing to a max output of 228W. The Rincoe Manto Max adopts temperature adjustment function too. The 510 adapter that comes with the package can turn the Manto Max Pod Kit into a dual-18650 Box MOD for 510-threaded tanks. When loaded with RDTA cartridges, the Rincoe Manto Max helps users get a better DIY vaping experience. The Rincoe Manto Max features patent MECHMAN chipset for multiple device protections. the high definition 0.96-inch color screen shows all vape data clearly. The Rincoe Manto Max Cartridge has 8ml large capacity for ample juice storage.
Ohhhh baby. I like so much about this. The only thing that has scared me off now are adapters. My current 510 adapter is the only thing I can assume is making this Nautilus GT suck, because everyone raves about how good it is.

I will hold off on selling the tank, wait till I decide on a new mod, and see how it performs on there. As much as I want this (I was at Vape King today and almost bought it on the spot) I should learn from mistakes and get something with a 510 instead of needing an adapter. I'm leaning towards the Vaporesso Gen or the Argus GT.

The one thing that is driving me mad is that the VAporesso for instance comes with a HUGE range of premade coils, and the whole point of getting a new mod is that I will use rebuildables. It also has micro usb charging which is a minor con to me.

Just don't drip'n'drive - trust me. Squonkers much safer for the car!

Hi @MeirTaitz where are you based?
If you are around PTA and are willing to collect (or arrange courier) I will gift you an Oumier VLS RDA. It is nothing fancy, but is a breeze to build, has an ENORMOUS juice well (so you don’t over-drip as easily) and can take single or dual coil builds. For dual coil builds you can put the coils in horizontally or vertically, so it is a nice one to play around with. It was initially gifted to me (although I later gifted a pod to the original owner in return), so I feel it would be in the EcigsSA spirit to pass it along. Dripping is not for everyone, so this will give you a risk free option in trying it out before spending money. You may en up liking RDAs and buying something, or end up going for a great flavour RTA instead. My only condition is that you may not sell it, but have to pay it forward whenever you decide to replace it.

I have seen that triple system in the flesh and can vouch for it. The adapter and 510 is not an issue, and the price. Hard to beat for what is included.

It comes with

• 1 x Rincoe Manto Max 228W Mod
  • 1 x Rincoe Manto Max Pod (8ml)
  • 1 x Single mesh coil 0.3ohm (50-70W)
  • 1 x Dual mesh coil 0.2ohm (60-75W)
  • 1 x 510 Adapter
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual

Last edited:
I finally made a decision and got this for now. They didn't have stock of the RDA in the store so they gave me the RTA instead. I can't wait to see how different the juices I currently have taste on this. I hope I notice a difference after the huge let down of the Nautilus GT. 20201110_134431[1].jpg

I have seen that triple system in the flesh and can vouch for it. The adapter and 510 is not an issue, and the price. Hard to beat for what is included.

It comes with

• 1 x Rincoe Manto Max 228W Mod
  • 1 x Rincoe Manto Max Pod (8ml)
  • 1 x Single mesh coil 0.3ohm (50-70W)
  • 1 x Dual mesh coil 0.2ohm (60-75W)
  • 1 x 510 Adapter
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
I was so close to taking this but I went with the Gen instead. I have to try something without an adapter for a change :)

The Nano is a powerhouse even with simple single wire builds and is pretty easy to build on. It can take 3mm ID coils but I find best results with a 2.5. If you need help with the wicking techniques, just ask, there must be a ton of blokes here with a Wasp nano.

It is a fairly restricted draw, which is what I like, and I prefer the tank over the RDA.

I have a bubble glass for mine which helps a lot. PM @adriaanh and he may have one for you. Good choices, the Gen will last a long time and you can use just about anything on it.

I finally made a decision and got this for now. They didn't have stock of the RDA in the store so they gave me the RTA instead. I can't wait to see how different the juices I currently have taste on this. I hope I notice a difference after the huge let down of the Nautilus GT. View attachment 213213
Awesome buy... I actually think you got a better deal by getting the RTA instead of the RDA. It is a little flavour factory.

Already I notice much more flavour than I had with anything else at just 45 watts, and the Nautilus GT is NICE now! Yayyyy.
It's reading at 0.36 what is the max wattage I can do and is there anyway to tell in future with different ohms?20201110_145302[1].jpg
This is the coil they gave me (I still have no idea about gauges etc... which is funny being a guitar teacher

I would also add seeing as I have a mech thread running, the Gen is regulated so if you d something it does not like, it will not fire. Most of use generally use VW mode (variable wattage) anyway so now it is a case of just finding that sweet spot for you. I would not advise you just now to put the Nautilus or Nano on anything other than a regulated device.

Already I notice much more flavour than I had with anything else at just 45 watts, and the Nautilus GT is NICE now! Yayyyy.
It's reading at 0.36 what is the max wattage I can do and is there anyway to tell in future with different ohms?View attachment 213234
This is the coil they gave me (I still have no idea about gauges etc... which is funny being a guitar teacher
@Stranger is spot on, you can’t really blow yourself up on a regulated mod like the Gen, the vape can just be really unpleasant. If you want to play around, the Gen mods have a function that will automatically set it to a recommended wattage after “reading” the coil. I turned mine off because it tended to turn the power up way higher than my preferred range, but is still a fun feature. Another nice feature on the Gen is the soft, normal and hard setting on VW mode. If you set it to hard, it will throw some more power into the coil initially to give you a nice fast ramp up. The only universal truth is that not everyone vapes the same, just play around and have fun finding your sweet spot.

@Stranger is spot on, you can’t really blow yourself up on a regulated mod like the Gen, the vape can just be really unpleasant. If you want to play around, the Gen mods have a function that will automatically set it to a recommended wattage after “reading” the coil. I turned mine off because it tended to turn the power up way higher than my preferred range, but is still a fun feature. Another nice feature on the Gen is the soft, normal and hard setting on VW mode. If you set it to hard, it will throw some more power into the coil initially to give you a nice fast ramp up. The only universal truth is that not everyone vapes the same, just play around and have fun finding your sweet spot.
I did notice when I put the Nautilus on it, after it scans it put it in TC mode. Obviously I have no idea what temp it should be set at, but I did notice you cannot adjust the wattage while in that mode, so I just put it back to pulse and it vapes great.
I will keep upping the wattage by 1 on the nano till I find the best flavour and hopefully don't burn it :)

Did you get your Nano set up ?

How are you finding it ?
I don't even wanna say :(
The first few drags were amazing (just like every device I've ever tried) and it's now far less tasty than the 0.15 pnp coils.
I've tried all sorts of wattages and airflow settings.
I'm going to buy some coils for the drop rda later today and hope that'll be better...
Thanks for asking :)

May I ask, when did you stop smoking

Have you tried nic salts yet ?
I 'stopped' as lockdown started and didn't touch a single smoke for about 3 months. Then I couldn't get hold of any liquid so I had 1 cigarette and it was beyond disgusting!

I have plenty nic salts, and the flavour on the 1.4 nord coil from them is the best I've experienced so far (the aurora play wasn't bad eitheri but you can't switch juice or coils in that pod). That's why I bought this Nautilus GT for a high ohm tight mtl which I thought was going to be even better, but it's not even close, most likely because I am doing something wrong. 20201112_143059[1].jpg

I bought a Innokin GO S disposable mtl tank a few days ago and it works on the Gen. Again, flavour ain't there compared to the Nord. It is probably just me, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Just speaking for the Wasp Nano, it is not going to like 50/50 juice. It was designed more for high VG freebase juices. I understand how the initial soak would give you some flavour but it would soon fade with a 50/50. Don't give up on it just yet.

Just speaking for the Wasp Nano, it is not going to like 50/50 juice. It was designed more for high VG freebase juices. I understand how the initial soak would give you some flavour but it would soon fade with a 50/50. Don't give up on it just yet.
I'm only using 70/30 juices with it. Now I'm even more worried haha :)
I have plenty 6mg and 3mg juices which tasted far far better in the drag x with 0.15 coil.

I forgot to ask if possible, when I attach the Innokin Go S tank to the Gen, it automatically wants to go into TC mode. Does that mean it's stainless steel, and if so, what temp should I set it at?

Have a browse on the help sections when you get a chance but to try and help you more:

Plus Ohms = above one (1) ohm

Sub Ohm = below one (1) ohm

Low Ohms = high heat and quick ramp up time

Plus Ohms = lower heat (not always) and slower ramp up time.

Understanding the effect of these helps to get to the flavour that you aim for. Some juices will thrive on low heat and others on high.

If you mouth to lung (MTL) higher ohms are more suitable because you want less vapour and more flavour and you can have higher nic

Direct to lung produces more vapour which can dilute the flavour and you have to have less nic otherwise you can get nic overdose.

Reading through your posts, I am confused as to where you want to be. Mtl is closer to a ciggie type draw, where direct to lung pulls the vapour straight into the lung ?

Have a browse on the help sections when you get a chance but to try and help you more:

Plus Ohms = above one (1) ohm

Sub Ohm = below one (1) ohm

Low Ohms = high heat and quick ramp up time

Plus Ohms = lower heat (not always) and slower ramp up time.

Understanding the effect of these helps to get to the flavour that you aim for. Some juices will thrive on low heat and others on high.

If you mouth to lung (MTL) higher ohms are more suitable because you want less vapour and more flavour and you can have higher nic

Direct to lung produces more vapour which can dilute the flavour and you have to have less nic otherwise you can get nic overdose.

Reading through your posts, I am confused as to where you want to be. Mtl is closer to a ciggie type draw, where direct to lung pulls the vapour straight into the lung ?
Thanks again for all your in depth help. All of the above I know.

I do understand (to an extent) the difference in resistances and the type of draw you would get from differnet coils / drip tips.
What I don't understand is how the 1.4 nord coil is very flavourful most of the time, and the 1.6 I use on both the nautilus and the innokin are very muted with flavour. Using the exact same liquid so that I can judge.

I want to vape freebase low nictone pretty much all day long and the mtl in the car or with coffee in the morning / evening.

The only thing I frankly care about at this stage is getting the kind of flavour as the first few puffs I've had on any new coil / device.
It just gets worse and worse and I'm changing liquids so frequently that I know it's not vapors tongue.
I'll figure it all out, it's frustrating (and smoking is obviously a lot easier) but in the meantime, I will try whatever I can get my hands on and see what works.

Thanks again for all your in depth help. All of the above I know.

I do understand (to an extent) the difference in resistances and the type of draw you would get from differnet coils / drip tips.
What I don't understand is how the 1.4 nord coil is very flavourful most of the time, and the 1.6 I use on both the nautilus and the innokin are very muted with flavour. Using the exact same liquid so that I can judge.

I want to vape freebase low nictone pretty much all day long and the mtl in the car or with coffee in the morning / evening.

The only thing I frankly care about at this stage is getting the kind of flavour as the first few puffs I've had on any new coil / device.
It just gets worse and worse and I'm changing liquids so frequently that I know it's not vapors tongue.
I'll figure it all out, it's frustrating (and smoking is obviously a lot easier) but in the meantime, I will try whatever I can get my hands on and see what works.
Here is my advice, for what it’s worth (I was in the same place you are now).
The Wasp Nano is widely regarded as a little flavour banger and one that is easy to build and wick. My guess is if you dump it now and keep looking for the “right tank”, you are going to burn through a lot of tanks and a lot of cash.
You need to focus on why you are not getting the flavour from a tank that is known for flavour and it comes down to your build and wick skills. Focus on improving this and you will be much better off in the future.
There are many guys on this forum that can build on about any deck with their eyes closed, so maybe take some detailed photos of your build and wicking. Try to describe how tight the cotton was in the coil, how high/low the coil was positioned, did you thin the cotton and by how much etc etc. I am willing to bet someone will be able to give you advice that will completely change your experience.

@MeirTaitz do you put different liquid in with the same coil (in stock coil tanks) and the same wick (in rebuildables)?

If you mix your liquid without changing your coil/wick, it can have the same effect as well, as there will always be remants of the first liquid in your cotton/tank. Too much mixing of juice on the same tank can cause these problems too. Stick to one liquid in one tank a week, only change your liquid when you change your coil/wick.

And yes, like @CJB85 said, post some build pics when you are rewicking on the Wasp. Go watch my wicking video (the second part, not the roundwire coil) I sent you a couple of times and then play/pause as you build it yourself too. With that wicking method I chucked juice through that tank for days without having to rewick or change anything. But also, use DL juice (70/30 or 80/20) with the Wasp, not MTL Juice (50/50). Otherwise you are going to get a lot of leacking through the bottom airflow very quickly, especially if you run at higher watts and the juice warms up.

Back