Advice please :)

MeirTaitz

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

I have finally decided to get a RDA and learn how to build.
I have zero interest in clouds, I want the maximum flavour possible. Are there any specific rda's that are beginner friendly that anybody can recommend?
I just bought the Nautilus GT for MTL a few days ago and hugely regret it as it doesn't work properly on my Voopoo Drag X. I'm gonna try and sell both the Nautilus GT tank and the Voopoo Drag X and get a Drag Max and a RDA for sub ohm and stick to my Nord 2 for mtl :p

I want the maximum flavour possible.

The Drop RDA is not too expensive and still available from certain vendors.
If you prepared to pay R700 then the Asgard Mini's from @Sir Vape is a better option.
If you want to go cheaper (below R350) and don't mind a single coil then the Wasp Nano is a option as well.
Two others which you should also still be able to find that i would also recommend is the Tauren Solo (single coil) and the Rebirth (dual coil).

Last edited:
Hi @MeirTaitz .

If you want to get the Drag Max you will sit with the same problem to have to use a 510 adapter in order to run any other tank on it, so you might need to look at a different mod that has a 510 connection should you want to go the RDA route. There your options are only limited to what you want and what you can afford. Easy to use dual battery mods include (but not limited to) Vaporesso Gen and Vapor Storm Puma 200 are readily available and not too expensive. But like I said, you'll have to shop around, see what you want/need and take it from there.

For easy-build RDA's with great flavor I would suggest start with a Hellvape Dead Rabbit (V1 or V2) or a Digiflavor Drop (Dual Coil) RDA. Also check with your local vape shops on prewrapped coils that will suite your vaping style (Ohms and Watts) the best for a Dual Coil build. Start of with prewrapped coils and progress to wrapping your own (if you like tinkering and figuring out what wire and how many wraps you require for your need). But the RDA's mentioned are very easy to build and wick and you will get the flavor you want from them.

Hey bud, if you going to get rid of the Drag X I wouldn't recommend the Drag max due to the fact that it is also a pod mod and you would need to buy the adapter for the RDA, I'm sure it will work but I question the long term reliability, IMHO I would go for the VooPoo Argus GT with a normal 510 connection instead or maybe a squonker like the Pulse 2 that just came out, with regards to the RDA to get I highly recommend the Drop RDA or The dead rabbit V1 or V2, these RDA's are so simple to build on and just give banging flavour every time, if you want single coil then would recommend the dead rabbit SQ which is also a winner, you should be able to find these RDA's in the classifieds as there is always 1 or 2 floating around there.

Hi @MeirTaitz .

If you want to get the Drag Max you will sit with the same problem to have to use a 510 adapter in order to run any other tank on it, so you might need to look at a different mod that has a 510 connection should you want to go the RDA route. There your options are only limited to what you want and what you can afford. Easy to use dual battery mods include (but not limited to) Vaporesso Gen and Vapor Storm Puma 200 are readily available and not too expensive. But like I said, you'll have to shop around, see what you want/need and take it from there.

For easy-build RDA's with great flavor I would suggest start with a Hellvape Dead Rabbit (V1 or V2) or a Digiflavor Drop (Dual Coil) RDA. Also check with your local vape shops on prewrapped coils that will suite your vaping style (Ohms and Watts) the best for a Dual Coil build. Start of with prewrapped coils and progress to wrapping your own (if you like tinkering and figuring out what wire and how many wraps you require for your need). But the RDA's mentioned are very easy to build and wick and you will get the flavor you want from them.
Damn we said the same thing :rofl:

Love the look but the paintjob is terrible and it WILL start peeling and some battery doors are starting to give issues after a few months of use.

For me running an RDA (especially a dual coil at low ohms/high watts) the Argus is just not quite up there with the other mainstream devices. The chip is brilliant and works awesome with the PnP tanks/coils, but it was designed for that purpose and lacks a bit of oomph for bigger power and rebuildables, mine felt like it had a bit of lag compared to the Puma and other devices I put it up against. Great looking, great hand feel, easy to use, but I passed mine on to the Mrs to use.

The Drop RDA is not too expensive and still available from certain vendors.
If you prepared to pay R700 then the Asgard Mini's from @Sir Vape is a better option.
If you want to go cheaper (below R350) and don't mind a single coil then the Wasp Nano is a option as well.
Two others which you should also still be able to find that i would also recommend is the Tauren Solo (single coil) and the Rebirth (dual coil).
Thanks a lot for all the info. I wouldn't know the difference (in performance and flavour) bvetween single and dual coil, but obviously single is easier to put together. I will check them all out :)

Hi @MeirTaitz .

Thanks for the great advice. You're 100% right. I tasted a new juice at Vape King on their Drag Max and the flavour at just 24 watts and the feel of it was so good. I just get taken in too quickly and want whatever feels godo instantly. Going from Drag X to Drag max is incredibly stupid and thankfully you stopped me! The Vaporesso Gen is beautiful (wanted it before the Drag X purchase) but the salesguy convinced me otherwise :p

Hey bud, if you going to get rid of the Drag X I wouldn't recommend the Drag max due to the fact that it is also a pod mod and you would need to buy the adapter for the RDA, I'm sure it will work but I question the long term reliability, IMHO I would go for the VooPoo Argus GT with a normal 510 connection instead or maybe a squonker like the Pulse 2 that just came out, with regards to the RDA to get I highly recommend the Drop RDA or The dead rabbit V1 or V2, these RDA's are so simple to build on and just give banging flavour every time, if you want single coil then would recommend the dead rabbit SQ which is also a winner, you should be able to find these RDA's in the classifieds as there is always 1 or 2 floating around there.
OF COURSE! I completely forgot that the Argus doesn't need an adapter. I dunno for some reason I really enjoy the flavour on the 0.15 even at 50ish watts on the drag X. I am starting to question why I even want to get into rebuildables since I only got the Drag X a month ago and I have plenty 0.15 coils. I guess it's just curiousity. I know I will end up comparing the flavour on the 0.15 pnp coils to whatever I build.

Thanks a million for the great advice :)

Love the look but the paintjob is terrible and it WILL start peeling and some battery doors are starting to give issues after a few months of use.
Funny you should say that, my Drag X already has a tiny bit of paint missing and I've never dropped or scratched it once. I feel like a bloody sucker for buying it when for a few more bucks coulda got something far better. You love and learn!

For me running an RDA (especially a dual coil at low ohms/high watts) the Argus is just not quite up there with the other mainstream devices. The chip is brilliant and works awesome with the PnP tanks/coils, but it was designed for that purpose and lacks a bit of oomph for bigger power and rebuildables, mine felt like it had a bit of lag compared to the Puma and other devices I put it up against. Great looking, great hand feel, easy to use, but I passed mine on to the Mrs to use.
This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I want to hear. I get taken in by looks but I did get the feeling all the mentioned Voopoo mods are designed with the pnp tanks / coils in mind. I will say again though, the flavour on the 0.15 pnp is really tasty but I don't have any experience of better yet so what do I know :p

Careful of the rabbit hole, once you get into building coils and rebuild-able decks then it just goes on and on. As said, the Nano wasp is a flavour banger of note but with only a 2ml tank, you refill all the time. Dual coil tanks have so many options that you end up playing with them chasing the holy grail.

It 's a fine balance between having a big tank like, on a Blotto with a bubble glass or an RDTA like the Vapefly mesh and a smaller single coil tank. Pods to be honest are by far the most convenient for all day vaping.

Recommendations are so subjective. For an ADV, not too expensive, a Puma or Rincoe Manta with a decent tank would be good.

Excuse my ignorance, but I noticed that the drop rda and wasp nano are roughly 2/3 years old. Hasn't design improved significantly since then? Again I ask stupid questions so that I do not remain uninformed:)

Excuse my ignorance, but I noticed that the drop rda and wasp nano are roughly 2/3 years old. Hasn't design improved significantly since then? Again I ask stupid questions so that I do not remain uninformed:)

Some of the oldies are just that good that they stay in rotation! Yeah, there has been new designs,

good spotting there, but yes, they are "old", but still on rotation for a lot of vapers, some devices are just classics and will be referred back to by most as an example of something that works. It also wont cost you as much as that new-new flavor banger on the market....

Yeah they are older, the dead rabbit and drop came out at the same time and the wasp before that but these few RDA's have stood the test of time, I know how much flavour I get with a drop, dead rabbit or wasp, I still own my dead rabbit and wasp(I lost my drop, need to replace it) and use them quite frequently at night when chilling even though there is new fancy ones out, these are my go to for ease of use and amazing flavour

I've been enjoying the Vandyvape Mesh V2 RDA. Good flavour, single coil or mesh. super easy to build. Good to squonk or drip - it has a vary large juice well.

The Kylin Mini 2 RTA has also impressed. Single Good flavour, single coil, 4.5ml juice with bubble glass.

Neither will break the bank

Please ask yourself a few questions.

Are you looking for an all day vape ?

Do you like full flavour from every pull ?

How much do you vape ?

How much nic do I need

I will use myself as an example. I go through around 20 mls a day of a minty menthol ADV juice. I pick it up have a few pulls and then put it down. Rinse and repeat. Now this satisfies my need for my nic dependency, of which I am now down to 3mg, and something flavorful.

On an evening , usually after supper I want something a bit more flavorful, so I will switch to other devices, RDA's, RDTA's, drippers and so on. Each combo will produce a different result (hence the chasing of the holy grail, very few people find it.) So as a new person to vaping, you need to determine the needs first and then the want's. Addressing the want's first will leave you disappointed.

On top of this, juice selection will also be an issue, they don't all behave the same and will vary from device to device. My minty menthol is great in a tank, put it on a dripper at high W and the cool in it will freeze your throat.

Ask your self these questions and then ask us, we are only too happy to help.

My advice for what it is worth.

https://www.vapeking.co.za/rincoe-manto-max-228w-triple-system-pod-kit.html
Rincoe20200820_1_2048x.webp

Rincoe Manto Max TC Pod Kit is coming with its powerful functions. The Rincoe Manto Max Kit satisfies most vapers' fantasy of multi-system devices. The Rincoe Manto Max works with dual 18650 batteries, firing to a max output of 228W. The Rincoe Manto Max adopts temperature adjustment function too. The 510 adapter that comes with the package can turn the Manto Max Pod Kit into a dual-18650 Box MOD for 510-threaded tanks. When loaded with RDTA cartridges, the Rincoe Manto Max helps users get a better DIY vaping experience. The Rincoe Manto Max features patent MECHMAN chipset for multiple device protections. the high definition 0.96-inch color screen shows all vape data clearly. The Rincoe Manto Max Cartridge has 8ml large capacity for ample juice storage.

Back