Need some help please

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
Good day fellow Vapers

Been a long time for me not posting on the forum, life happened on my side so yea ;(

The older members will know me, i am not the one to stand hat in hand unless it is really my only option.

A wile ago a good friend @kevkev gifted me a brand new Vapresso PX80 with 510 adapter, brilliant little mod. I was using it with a baby beast and just loved the combo. After about a year the 510 started to loose connection and i swopped over to the tank that came with the mod.

After another 3 moths or so the threads on the battery cap started slipping, i used PTFE Plumbers tape to fix it and i was happy with my mod again, but before long the PTFE did not work anymore and i hade to make another plan, see picture, that is how i been using it for the last 2 months or so.

But now it is starting to develop electrical problems, not reading the battery correctly, i put a fresh battery and it tells me it is empty, that i must take the battery cap of and replace it to fix that, sometimes three or four time's before it reads the full battery

I can live with the mechanical problems, but the electrical really a problem, When time is tight and you have to struggle with the elastic bands to get the mod to read the battery is a little frustrating

If some know of some fix or can help me, please that will be really appreciated

Attachments

• 1696178434336.jpg
    1696178434336.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 20
I do indeed repair and recondition mods and tanks for ecigssa members and or the pif box, however said pif box is somewhat bare at the mo' :-(
I will repair it if sent to me ... PM me to make arrangements ;)
Pity you are in SA (for me that is) I have a three battery DNA250C Mod with a screen which just displays coloured lines, I have been told it could be just as simple as the connection needing cleaning or worse case scenario a new screen fitted but any electrical device I have ever took apart has never worked again so just holding on to it hoping one day someone might be able to fix it.

Thx @Intuthu Kagesi

It is my only mod, can you give me some advice to fix the threads, there does not look like enough "meat" to cut new thread and i am not sure what alloy metal the mod is made from so adding some metal to the thin walls can be tricky

Pity you are in SA (for me that is) I have a three battery DNA250C Mod with a screen which just displays coloured lines, I have been told it could be just as simple as the connection needing cleaning or worse case scenario a new screen fitted but any electrical device I have ever took apart has never worked again so just holding on to it hoping one day someone might be able to fix it.
Weeeeeell ... maybe don't open it then :think: ... pity really, as I've repaired a few of them by simply cleaning the contacts on the flexible PCB, (see below), alternatively .. try these guys ... £14.95 seems reasonable for a new display ;)

1696267300585.png

Thx @Intuthu Kagesi

It is my only mod, can you give me some advice to fix the threads, there does not look like enough "meat" to cut new thread and i am not sure what alloy metal the mod is made from so adding some metal to the thin walls can be tricky
Adding metal :think: ... I don't believe that's feasible on such thin material, (what material is it? as potentially solder may be a solution) ... Also; You wouldn't be able to use a resin or epoxy there, as that cap is the battery connector, and requires an electrical connection to the casing ... unless you can think of a way of concurrently providing conductivity?

Yeah cleaning those contacts is what I have been told might be all it takes and sure the screens are cheap and have no issues buying one but don't see the point when I know I just won't pluck up the confidence to take the mod apart, that's just me. Personally If I was getting a screen Esauce is the last place I would use, they are the suppliers for Rebel Mods and when I bought my Rebel Mod from them there was issues and their customer service stinks, on the Evolv forum many tell there nightmare's dealing with them (you were not to know that and appreciate you were trying to be helpful), I am lucky that I can just sit on it until someone local can have a look, it is very useful having someone on a forum who can fix them!

Adding metal :think: ... I don't believe that's feasible on such thin material, (what material is it? as potentially solder may be a solution) ... Also; You wouldn't be able to use a resin or epoxy there, as that cap is the battery connector, and requires an electrical connection to the casing ... unless you can think of a way of concurrently providing conductivity?
What if he uses a plier like waterpump/vise grips to lightly press on the the wall obviously not hard) to give it a spherical shape so it might grip the threads.

@kimbo PM me your address, postal code, cell number and email, and I ship you a mod.

Good to hear from you after all this time! Don't be a stranger!

@kimbo PM me your address, postal code, cell number and email, and I ship you a mod.

Good to hear from you after all this time! Don't be a stranger!

:winnerwinner:

Sorry for the delayed post here -

@kimbo - great to hear from you again!
How are you ?
It's been so long.

Let us know how its going

Yeah cleaning those contacts is what I have been told might be all it takes and sure the screens are cheap and have no issues buying one but don't see the point when I know I just won't pluck up the confidence to take the mod apart, that's just me. Personally If I was getting a screen Esauce is the last place I would use, they are the suppliers for Rebel Mods and when I bought my Rebel Mod from them there was issues and their customer service stinks, on the Evolv forum many tell there nightmare's dealing with them (you were not to know that and appreciate you were trying to be helpful), I am lucky that I can just sit on it until someone local can have a look, it is very useful having someone on a forum who can fix them!
@Timwis - Real left field idea here, but hey, it's worth a shot.

There's a youtuber called "My Mate VINCE" in the UK who does various repair videos for his channel... Maybe send him your mod and a screen and ask him to fix it for you? Could be a nice content idea for him so he gets views and you get a fixed mod. Iirc there's a PO Box listed in the description section of his videos, but maybe try and mail him to see if he would be interested in doing something like this?

Back